WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Interesting eBay Citizen finds

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Pawl_Buster 
#1 ·
Recently I've been spending too much time searching and watching eBay auctions for Seiko and Citizen chronographs. It's been a lot of fun though as I keep ending up coming back to WUS threads as I research different models. Anyway, in the course of my travels I found a couple of interesting examples:

This light-blue dialed 67-9631 came up in 31 Jewel's recent restoration thread, seems to be a little-known variant of the 8100 line. I didn't mention it earlier as I was seriously considering buying it but perhaps now someone will beat me to it and remove the temptation lol.

The other one that just popped up today and caught my eye was this square beauty - thought "Wow, never seen that before!" But then I realized it's really a complete mish-mash of parts - the caseback number (67-9143) belongs to a rose-gold bullhead chrono, the dial comes from a 67-9038 side-pusher model, and the case is from a [/B]67-9071 but has been completely polished (all info referenced from SweepHand's excellent listing). All in all, a complete basket case. I wouldn't mind owning it, but I'd rather put it together myself than trust a seller who isn't forthcoming about the origins.

Note - I don't know if I can include the eBay links so I haven't yet. I'm not selling them or affiliated with the sellers in any way so I'd assume it might be ok?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.