WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Let's see your Seiko H558-5000/5009 aka "Arnies"

51K views 223 replies 64 participants last post by  jpisare 
#1 ·
Would love to see all the Arnies out there. I'll hopefully be contributing to this post soon:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Very nice:)

#5 ·
That ones also in great nick. I was hoping mine would be here today. But Parcelfarce delivered it to the completely wrong address and are now making it very difficult for me to collect it.

#7 · (Edited)
Congrats mate, wear it in good health.
I love my Arnie and will never part with it
I need to get my chapter ring realigned though.
I just noticed the other day its a bit skewed.
The thicker indices don't match up with the markers on the dial on mine.
Being OCD as I am, it annoys me :roll:

#11 ·
#14 ·
I can't believe I missed this thread :-d

I bought this new in 83....on sale $125.00!!!!

It has a Tim Cook shroud, Noah's bezel insert, new crystal......I'll have Jack @ IWW install a Yobokies sapphire when I send it in for a lume job :-!

Cheers
Shannon

#15 ·
Great thread guys. I just discovered that my Dad's old diver that I used to wear in high-school is in fact a pretty beat-down H558-5009. The biggest concern aside from a dead battery is that it is missing the shroud around the case. Can anyone direct me to resources for getting this watch back into tip-top shape?

#17 ·
Great thread guys. I just discovered that my Dad's old diver that I used to wear in high-school is in fact a pretty beat-down H558-5009. The biggest concern aside from a dead battery is that it is missing the shroud around the case. Can anyone direct me to resources for getting this watch back into tip-top shape?
Yep, one post below yours ..... @undertheradar is the guy to contact !
He just did an awesome restoration on an Arnie. Yours can't be any worse than what he had to start off with !!!
Check out his thread....

https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/my-attempt-bringing-h558-arnie-back-grave-728839.html

Regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.