Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Member robzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Long Beach Ca for now!
    Posts
    1,964

    Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

    Anyone know where I could get one new or used??

    Will Seiko make more ever??

    It is just too cool

    R

  2. #2
    G-Kev
    Guest

    Re: Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

    Id like to see it too. I took your advice and bought the OM. Should be here today!! Thanks!!

  3. #3
    Member chrisb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16

    Re: Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

    I think the clue is in the "Limited Edition"....we're not talking Doxa here

  4. #4
    Inactive Isthmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    11,586

    Re: Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

    Quote Originally Posted by robzilla
    Anyone know where I could get one new or used??

    Will Seiko make more ever??

    It is just too cool

    R
    your best bet is to post a WTB in a few different forums. There were only 300 of them made and no more are planned (hence the limited edition). Last I checked people were getting about $1200 for them.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    40

    Re: Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

    Im tired waiting for seller to sell yellow monster at so high price.

    Im aiming at replacement like this (sorry not seiko)
    Attached Images Attached Images

    teatimecrumpet likes this.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5

    Re: Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

    just noticed on the bay that one is up for auction, $2000.00 or best offer..... by the picture it looks like they have quite a few.....

  7. #7
    Member robzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Long Beach Ca for now!
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

    In my mind Limited Edition is a gray area. Some watch makers say Limited Edition and really mean limited production run. They may limit production to 500 in 2006 or 999/999 per year and they call these watches limited editions.

    I know Seiko made the Blue Monster Limited Edition in the years 2005/2006 and limited production to 500 watches.

    So if the demand is high enough I would think that Seiko would produce another Limited Edition.

    Also I think that the Doxa Limited editions really are because the specs of each production run are different. Yes the same design but different hands, case sizes and crystals for each run makes each run a Limited Edition.

    Who Knows I just like the Yellow Monster but no way would I pay $1200!!! Talk about rip off. It is cool but so is a thousand other watches I would want at that price-Like another Doxa Limited edition!!

    R

  8. #8
    Member robbie409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hilversum, Holland
    Posts
    382

    Re: Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

    Quote Originally Posted by JymKym1
    just noticed on the bay that one is up for auction, $2000.00 or best offer..... by the picture it looks like they have quite a few.....
    And this is the seller:
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/78440...ffer+on+the+YM+.....

  9. #9
    Inactive Isthmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    11,586

    Re: Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

    Quote Originally Posted by robzilla
    In my mind Limited Edition is a gray area. Some watch makers say Limited Edition and really mean limited production run. They may limit production to 500 in 2006 or 999/999 per year and they call these watches limited editions.

    I know Seiko made the Blue Monster Limited Edition in the years 2005/2006 and limited production to 500 watches.

    So if the demand is high enough I would think that Seiko would produce another Limited Edition.

    Also I think that the Doxa Limited editions really are because the specs of each production run are different. Yes the same design but different hands, case sizes and crystals for each run makes each run a Limited Edition.

    Who Knows I just like the Yellow Monster but no way would I pay $1200!!! Talk about rip off. It is cool but so is a thousand other watches I would want at that price-Like another Doxa Limited edition!!

    R
    A small correction. The blue monster is not a limited edition watch. only the YM is. The BLM is a Thai market only production run. the run is not limited in numbers though, but each one produced is numbered and dated for the year it was produced.

    As for Doxa LE's that's kind of a sore subject with many buyers. the main reason being that doxa doesn't produce a regular line, so everything they produce ends up being a "limited edition". Also some of their runs (especially the orange divers) are so large (5,000 pieces) that you can be hard pressed to call it limited. there are some doxas which are truly limited, even by doxa standards. The caribbean and the SUB 600 T Divingstar being prime examples.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    30

    Re: Limited Edition Seiko Monster-Yellow?????

    It just sold for $1500.
    Seiko Divers 200 SKX007
    Seiko Divers 200 SKXA35
    Seiko 5 Atlas (White)
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Seiko Blue Monster
    Seiko Red Monster
    Swiss Army Maverick II Chrono
    Aeromatic Militar Beobackter Uhr Automatik
    Uzi Protector UZI-001-R
    Oris TT1 Meistertaucher Regulateur

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. SEIKO Limited Edition Titanium Black Knight Diver's SKZ217, $460
      By Wayne Lee in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: April 25th, 2006, 10:17
    2. SEIKO Limited Edition Black Knight Diver's TITANIUM SKZ217, $485
      By Wayne Lee in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 9th, 2006, 12:35

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •