Looking at my first new Seiko... Opinions? - Page 2

Thread: Looking at my first new Seiko... Opinions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ocean Springs, MS (AKA Redneck Territory)

Re: Looking at my first new Seiko... Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by stuart77 View Post
    But for not much more you could get a SKX007/9, which is well worth considering too.
    You know, I had not looked at the SKX007/009 until now... Very striking watch! And you're right, the pricing isn't much more than SNZF15J1. :) I'll still get the 15J1, but this trigger pull? I see an SKX009 in the very near future! :D
    "Time is an illusion; Lunchtime, doubly so." - Ford Prefect, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Alpha GMT Master -- Alpha Planet Ocean 781/1000 -- Alpha Seamaster LE (x2 In-Transit)
    Alpha Seamaster Multifunction -- Bagelsport MILGAUSS (In Transit) -- Casio AMW-320R Diver (In Transit)
    Casio G-Shock G-2300 Tough Solar -- Citizen Navihawk Blue Angels Chronographn
    Invicta Pro Diver 8926ob -- Seiko 6119-6000 '5' Series -- Seiko 7002-7009 Diver
    Seiko SKX009 Diver -- Timex Ironman Triathlon Shock -- Timex Ironman Triathlon 20th Anniversary
    Timex Ironman Triathlon -- Vostok Amphibia -- Vostok Amphibia Neptune -- Vostok Kommandierskie (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckVostokGuy View Post
    You know, I had not looked at the SKX007/009 until now... Very striking watch! And you're right, the pricing isn't much more than SNZF15J1. :) I'll still get the 15J1, but this trigger pull? I see an SKX009 in the very near future! :D
    It was similar for me when I first 'saw' the 007. I first got into Seikos via a Crono. That lead me to this Seiko board, where I started seeing and hearing about this crazy Monster Seiko. Two weeks later, I have a Monster. I'd seen pics of the 007 on Amazon and such while looking up Monsters, I 'saw' the watch, but it didn't strike me right away, it looked to me like the brand's 'plain, standard design' and it didn't catch my eye like the details of Monsters, Atlases, etc etc, watches with more 'striking' features. Then one day, something must have happened, I saw yet another 007 pic but I really LOOKED at it. All the sudden I realized how amazing it was. I ended up getting it about a month after the Monster. It's pretty much been my #1 since getting it. I've gotten more watches since then, but I still come back to it often enough it's still basically my #1 wearer. I even later got a Yobokies PMMM. =)

It IS a standard design for the most part, black face, easy to see markers, black bezel ring, etc etc. All the basic necessities. But then once you really look at it, the case is amazing, the bezel is nice and tight and feels solid, it's so easy to read and has pretty good lume. And this is just the base model, so nevermind all the options. The plainest and most basic one already looks amazing. And it runs like a champ.
    Last edited by timetellinnoob; December 19th, 2011 at 21:06.
    _Anth
    _Casio-Edifice EFA-124 worldtime _Citizen NY2300 Pepsi _DeepBlue All-Purpose 1k

_Seiko SNDA67 chrono _Seiko SKX779 _Seiko SKX007.2 mod _Seiko SNZG15 military 5
    _Seiko SKXPMMM.2 mod _Seiko 6309-7040
    (Dec. 80 rfrb/mod)
    _Seiko 7002-7000 (Jul. 91 rfrb/mod)
    _Seiko SRP227
    StainlessShroud _Seiko5 SNXS79 _Seiko SCC031 Solar Pepsi _Seiko SNKL45

Quote Originally Posted by timetellinnoob View Post
    It IS a standard design for the most part, black face, easy to see markers, black bezel ring, etc etc. All the basic necessities. But then once you really look at it, the case is amazing, the bezel is nice and tight and feels solid, it's so easy to read and has pretty good lume. And this is just the base model, so nevermind all the options. The plainest and most basic one already looks amazing. And it runs like a champ.
    That more or less describes my 7002; It's 20+ Years old, it hase obvious signs of use (NOT abused, but well-loved), and rather basic-looking, but it keeps time flawlessly, and it's got personality. :)
    "Time is an illusion; Lunchtime, doubly so." - Ford Prefect, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Alpha GMT Master -- Alpha Planet Ocean 781/1000 -- Alpha Seamaster LE (x2 In-Transit)
    Alpha Seamaster Multifunction -- Bagelsport MILGAUSS (In Transit) -- Casio AMW-320R Diver (In Transit)
    Seiko SKX009 Diver -- Timex Ironman Triathlon Shock -- Timex Ironman Triathlon 20th Anniversary
    Timex Ironman Triathlon -- Vostok Amphibia -- Vostok Amphibia Neptune -- Vostok Kommandierskie (x6)

Well, as of approximately 930AM CST, I'm now the proud owner of a Seiko SKX009! I found a gentleman here in WUS selling one in what looks to be excellent condition, so I pulled the trigger on it. :) What's really nice is that there's a good possibility she'll be here Christmas Eve... For a watch collector, the only thing better than getting a great watch on Christmas Eve is getting a grail, and even then it's not as fun as getting it on Christmas!

Stay tuned for pics!

Nice one, i'm very pleased for you! And i know how you feel, i've got a SKX009 wrapped up with my name on it for Christmas!
    SEIKO - HELSON - PRECISTA - ARMIDA - SMITHS - HELBERG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information