Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Miyota Introduces New Automatic Caliber 9015...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Miyota Introduces New Automatic Caliber 9015...

Here is a rare occurrence, Miyota has introduce a new Automatic caliber, That according to the guys HERE, is intended to compete against the ETA 2892. Say hello to the new Miyota Automatic Caliber 9015:

Here is a link to the movement's website:

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/9015/top.html

The specs are:

- ligne: 11-1/2
    - thickness: 3.9mm
    - 3 hands with date
    - Beat Rate: 28,800 bph
    - Jewel count: 24 jewels
    - Automatic and hand winding

Attached below, in order, are PDF's with drawings of the Movement, a dial, and the winding stem. Lastly here are some thumbnail links to larger pictures of the movement from the citizen Miyota site:

Seeing that Miyota is a Huge supplier of automatic movements to all manner of companies I suspect that we will soon start seeing this movement in all manner of new offerings from various different companies. Perhaps our resident Citizen Rep can chime in and offer a buit more insight into the nature of the movement and what it is being targeted at. Also I would be interested to kow whether Citizen included Hacking in this movement and whether it winds bidirectionally or unidirectionally (like most Citizen calibers).

In case you are interested here is a link showing Miyota's other recent calibers, both mechanical and quartz:

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/..._products.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Isthmus; June 26th, 2009 at 20:38.
    watchfreak2003 and CitizenM like this.

Re: Miyota Introduces New Automatic Caliber 9015...

Hello Miyota Automatic Caliber 9015.New mechanic in Citizen
    http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4751/greeksymbol.jpg

Thanks for the info!

I am curious if the new movement will appear in Citizen watches? That would be good news, because it would show that Citizen is still focussing on autos and some new models might be expected...

Cheers,
    Sebastian

Suspended

Maybe these will go into Bulova. Bulova has several autos and I have had this feeling that Citizen will use the Bulova brand to launch mechanicals in the North American market. Although this movement seems more sophisticated than necessary for a customer base that doesn't appreciate mechanicals anyway.

The other idea I have is that this will be direct competition with ETA for subcontracted movements. Isn't ETA having trouble meeting demand and dropping low volume customers?

Unfortunately, we have no information on Miyota based movements. While Miyota is part of the Citizen umbrella of companies, Citizen Watch Company is simply part of the overall corporation. Think of it something like the Toyota Motor company with the Toyota and Lexus brands. Toyota dealerships do not normally have information on Lexus products.

Sincerely
    Customer Service
    COA.
    COA

Inactive

COOL! I hope it can blow the ETA out of the water. The SWATCH Group is not my favorite bunch lately. I can't wait to see what watch(es) it shows up in.
    drmosh likes this.

This is good news!!! Always exciting to see something new in a conservative industry like watchmaking. Right timing too, since ETA movements are supposed to get more scarce. I hope the 9015 is up to the task

Cool, I guess. The rotor is a little bland, but then again so is the one on the 8215. Perhaps it will be decorated as needed/requested. Hopefully this one will have hacking and won't have the shutter problem with the seconds hand. If it is meant to complete with the 2892 then I would assume it would be better in all respects compared to the 8215....
    matt

Banned

If you check Citizen's Hong Kong official page, they do sell some interesting looking Citizen autos....

http://www.citizen.com.hk/?content=177

NP3000-54A:

Sapphire glass
    24 hour dial complication
    3 day date display
    Stainless Steel
    Last edited by MINIDriver; June 27th, 2009 at 18:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus View Post
    Here is a rare occurrence, Miyota has introduce a new Automatic caliber, That according to the guys HERE, is intended to compete against the ETA 2892. Say hello to the new Miyota Automatic Caliber 9015:

Here is a link to the movement's website:

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/9015/top.html

The specs are:

- ligne: 11-1/2
    - thickness: 3.9mm
    - 3 hands with date
    - Beat Rate: 28,800 bph
    - Jewel count: 24 jewels
    - Automatic and hand winding

Attached below, in order, are PDF's with drawings of the Movement, a dial, and the winding stem. Lastly here are some thumbnail links to larger pictures of the movement from the citizen Miyota site:

Seeing that Miyota is a Huge supplier of automatic movements to all manner of companies I suspect that we will soon start seeing this movement in all manner of new offerings from various different companies. Perhaps our resident Citizen Rep can chime in and offer a buit more insight into the nature of the movement and what it is being targeted at. Also I would be interested to kow whether Citizen included Hacking in this movement and whether it winds bidirectionally or unidirectionally (like most Citizen calibers).

In case you are interested here is a link showing Miyota's other recent calibers, both mechanical and quartz:

http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/..._products.html
    Interesting new movement from Citizen. I didn't see anything from Citizen that said the movement was designed to compete with the ETA 2892 though. Only supposition on SCWF. If anything it might replace the 2892 movement used in some Bulova models before the brand was acquired by Citizen. Swiss movements in a Japanese brand might be an odd mix. To the best of my knowlege Citizen has only had basic automatic movements equivalent to the 7S36/6R15 series at Seiko. This may indicate a move toward upscale automatic watches.

It's good news. I'm looking forward to seeing some new models from Citizen.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information