WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#822 ·
Anything specific?

Just the watch setting on a flat surface with the strap stretched out?

#827 · (Edited)
You need a bit of indirect background lighting that doesn't hit the dial (I use my computer screen and a grey wallpaper) and then play with ISOs and shutter speed. Zooming in will let fewer light in the camera, zooming out will let more in. It's a tough combination to get.

...says me that has to learn this every time I try it, even though I still use the same Canon 350D (Rebel in the US, I think) that must be what... 10 years old now? More probably?

BTW, no one commented on my feeling that these blue lumed Citizens are not as strong as the older green ones. Is it just me or maybe the fact (to be fact-checked) that our eyes pick up green better than any other colour?

#839 ·
It's not printed leather. It's sail cloth outer, nubuck leather inner, with padding and stitching.

It generally takes about 2 weeks to get your straps when you order (which can be frustrating, but it is what it is and know that going in if you order)

But they are very, very good straps. Stiff at first, and it helps to wrap them on a firm pillow to train them when you get them, but uber comfortable and quite durable.

#843 ·
Yup, it has been growing on me since I wiped off the text. I like my OM, but it just takes a long time to put it on lol.

And, yes I put them into a cup and poured boiling water and let it cool down.

Reactions: dan55
#845 ·
yes I need to wipe the text too - was it nail varnish remover?
probably need to try the water trick also
I used rubbing alcohol.

why does the OM take longer?
I think it's the keepers. They are kind of tight. I hate loose keepers, so that's good tho. :)

Reactions: dan55