WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#863 · (Edited)
I was wondering if you could give me some much needed advice about this watch. I really like it but I would prefer it with a bracelet strap. Since CITIZEN has no bracelet version available (to my understanding) do you think that either of these 2 bracelets would fit it?

Citizen Watch Band Promaster Bracelet 20mm Steel SilverTone w/Quik Length Extend | eBay

20mm SUPER Engineer Type II Solid Stainless Steel Straight End Watch Band-Push button: Amazon.co.uk: Watches

I saw the shark mesh on this thread but I would prefer to have a more 'traditional' bracelet with endlinks if possible.

By the way, I found out about this forum while searching for this specific watch. Congrats to the people behind it and those contributing, I have found it very useful!

#864 ·
I think a member frenco mentioned that the black model w/bracelet would be available in Italy in April as far as I remember. So, you might want to look into that.

As for those two bracelets you mentioned,

The first one may fit, but I'm not really sure. I'm pretty sure the second SEII will fit the watch as it has the straight ends.

#866 ·
Way off topic, but interested in opinions of those following this thread . . . I have a six year old Suunto Vector (ABC), used mostly for hiking and hunting which has a cracked crystal (naturally the crack runs right through the level bubble, and the liquid is gone.) It operates fine otherwise. I'm guessing the Suunto "Spa" treatment plus the new crystal is going to run in the $100 range. Do I repair the Vector or purchase a Casio Rangeman gw9400(which can be had for around $200)? Used price on GC Vector is around $100. Seems like the Rangeman is the way to go.

#867 ·
Hi.

To those who own the BN0150.

-How do you think the build quality of the watch is?
-How precise does the second-hand hit the indicator marks?
-Does it gain/loose or hold the time?
-Is it a tough watch?

I own a Citizen Royal Marine (BN0110) for a month now. It is a clock which i'm very impressed of. The second hand hits the markers spot on. And after a month it hasn't gained or lost a second. For me the BN0110 sets the standard.

/Nissen.

#868 · (Edited)
Just got mine yesterday. Amazon USA.

Not impressed with build quality. Just adequate for the price, nothing else. Mine came with a very tightly screwed crown that took some to loosen. Bezel is not smooth, kind-of brutish clicks. Dial is nice.

Yes seconds hand strikes the minute marks accurately.

Polyurethane bracelet looks and feels cheap. Printed decompression tables on strap look a bit childish.

I think it's a nice watch with a substitution strap, nor the stock strap.

This watch, Btw is NOT available in Japan at usual shops. Seems to be an export-only model.

BTW this thread has been extremely helpful in giving ideas on strap potions and want to thank the OP for his endless stream of quality pictures. .

#899 ·
Did/do any of you all own a Citizen Infusion BN0030/40? I know they went out of production a while back. I really like the Sea Master-esque dial, and classic look. I think either face would look fabulous with a "Bond" style NATO/Zulu. Any impressions? I'd probably have to keep my eye on the bay, or Lionseek. Seems like the moved very cheap at their end of production.