WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#902 ·
Brushed finish from wjean. I attribute the polished look to the cluster of overhead lights (dining room) really hitting it from above. You can see the effect on the side of the body too. I was actually hoping to get photos in natural light, but removing link layers took me into the evening.

I started with snips, but got nervous that any torque might distort adjacent links. I had the dremel at the ready anyway. I purchased the version without the clasp side links, so I went row by row and tested fit repeatedly. I didn't want to remove too many layers. I also backed some slack into the clasp by using the first hole, just in case. It could probably go with another layer removed. I'm gonna wear it as is a bit for commiting to taking any more out.

#920 ·
The Prime is parked today. My "Ducati" striped zulu arrived for my Primo. I didn't care for the stock band, now it's back in the rotation!!
View attachment 3387050
That's pretty cool! Is the black PVD very shiny? The reason I ask is because I was interested in one of these as sort of a stealthy watch...

...but it has a very shiny polished finished that ruins it for me. (besides being hard to find and a bit too expensive for what it is)

#917 · (Edited)
I buckled and ordered a BN0000. I spent a lot of time comparing it to the Prime. It's just different enough to have it's own place in rotation. I'm going straight to 5 ring zulus with it. How are the lug hole spaces for feeding through straps? Specifically leather? Any experience with cheapnatostraps.com? I really like the three bond variants (BK/GRN/R,BK/GY/R,BK/GY) I also really like the grey/green they have, looks like USAF grey. By the time I add all of those, I can get a leather free with the bundle discount.

#918 ·
I'm not sure a 5 ring Zulu is a good choice for the 04H, it's a small, thin watch... it's easy to overpower it with all that hardware on zulu straps. It has enough space for any sort of strap, I think. The really tricky one is the Excalibur due to it's integrated strap/bracelet. But it's fine both with the Prime and the 04H.

No experience with that particular seller, sorry...

#921 ·
Don't take my word for it, somehow I really hate wearing zulu or nato straps so I might not be the a good judge on this. But I would say that a NATO has a much greater chance of looking right than a Zulu. As a "rule" - yeah, I know... - a zulu is meant for bigger and thicker divers and a Nato for smaller and vintage watches.

#923 ·
Oh, I didn't meant all black, that's why I said stealthy and not stealth. One of my main issue with watches is readability, I've bought a lot of watches that I immediately sold because I couldn't tell the time at a glance.

I had something stealthy and nice but the plastic case was something that kept telling me "It's almost a Swatch you have there":

There's lots of options though... the problem is that I usually like the really expensive ones :-d (IWC Top Gun, etc)

#926 ·
Really like this watch but I want the blue one on an SS bracelet. Unfortunately it isn't listed on the Canadian Citizen site (along with most of their other Divers) so I guess us Canadians are out of luck. Yes I could buy it from the U.S., but I'd be giving up a 5 year warranty which would be nice to have. Love the look and blue loo,. If this had a ceramic bezel and sapphire crystal I'd pay $500 for it.

#927 ·
I'm sure it will be available soon. Citizen international (non-Japanese) websites are not all that, so the fact that it isn't listed doesn't mean much. As to a bracelet, it will be available shortly and you can spend a few bucks getting a sapphire crystal. It's really only the ceramic bezel that you can't get (most likely) but you can buy many spare inserts for the price of a ceramic one.

So cheer up!! :)

#929 ·
Excited to receive my 04H. Love the classic look of the bezel/face. I wish the face itself was a little bigger/ala the Excal. That angled edge really cuts into an already conservatively sized face. Regardless, I see it moving up front for grab and go (in a stable of nearly all solars.) I checked around on the zulu front, and I'm up in the air. In some photos I see your and Hiro's point (rings are overwelming) and in other photos zulus look fine. I already ordered several zulu straps for the 04H, so I guess I'll (and by way of posting photos) you all will get to see them on the watch.

Oh, and just to stay on topic, absolutely love my Prime with shark mesh. I did take another couple rows of links out. It's good to go for the long term now. In the end it was Hiro's photos that won me over.

#936 ·
So I contacted Citizen Canada to enquire about getting a Prime from a Canadian dealer or if I would be covered under the warranty if buying it in the US from an authorized dealer. Just thought I would share the response as it looks like the Eco-Zilla (BJ8050-08E) and their other diver (BN0000-04H) are discontinued (at least in Canada).

Thank you for your email and your interest in Citizen Watch. If the watches are purchased from an authorised retailer then we will honour the warranty. The BN0000-04H and BJ8050-08E models were sold in Canada but are discontinued and the BN0151-09L was never available in Canada. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Phil
Customer Care
Citizen Watch Company of Canada, Ltd. | 2013 Watch Brand-of-the-Year
380 Bentley Street, Unit #2, Markham, ON L3R 3L2
Tel: (800) 461-4189 Ext.1 | Fax: (905) 415-6911
Email: CustomerService_CA@citizenwatch.com

#937 ·
If you really mind about the warranty, make sure to figure out what warranty they are talking about. There's the 5 years warranty when you buy within a specific market (say US if you're in the US; any EU country if you are in the EU) and then there's the 1 or 2 years international warranty (can't remember how long it is), I wouldn't care much about that, in a watchs like this either they work or they don't, 1 year is more than enough to figure it out. Besides, you know how companies are with warranties... "Oh, it flooded? Well, maybe you didn't screw the crown properly in... how would we know??; Oh, it broke something inside? How do we know you din't messed with it or dropped it from the top of a mountain? We wash our hands..."

These are quartz watches, it's very unlikely that they will fail you... a lot less moving parts than a mechanical watch, no constant screwing and unscrewing the crown to set and wind, a lot less susceptible to vibrations and impacts because there's no balance wheel... just get one form the US or HK or Singapore. I don't know how customs work in Canada but check dutyfreeisland and creationwatches. Even with duties, you can probably get yourself a bargain :-!

#959 ·
@Kutusov.

Thank you for your reply.

From now on, I will always think on my RMC as, The Zombie Apocalypse Watch ;-)

I think my next watch will be the Citizen bn000 or the Seiko sne107.
Not a problem! Go with the bn000, you won't regret it. You might not regret the Seiko either but get it after the Citizen. I know very few people with one of those solar Seikos outside this forum but lots of people with bn000. Might mean nothing but I think I means something...

Caveat... I'm curiouse about the Seiko also but that bezel never quite allowed me to take the risk of ordering it. So there might be some prejudice on my part here.

#957 ·
Not sure if this has been covered- since the body of the Prime is basically the same as a NY0040, wouldn't the SS band for the NY0040 work on the Prime? I'm guessing this was covered earlier in this thread . . . If so, I'm guessing a fantastic fit (not sure about price.) Just thought I'd throw that out there for those pining for a SS bracelet.

#958 ·
I don't own a NY0040 anymore but, from what I remember of it, the case is quite different. Mind you this is a bigger watch as measure by Hiro somewhere in the bighuining of the thread. It's more of a 44mm than the advertised 42mm. To make it worst, for the NY0040 bracelet at least, it's kind of a cone section, measuring 42mm at the top and 44mm at the bottom. Someone would have to try it but I doubt that bracelet would fit.

There will b a proper Prime bracelet though, so...

#964 · (Edited)
I had a retailer confirm that Canada is getting the BN0151-09L and it will be available sometime in May. I really want one but I would much prefer it on an SS bracelet. I may hold out for a few months and see if that version appears with the blue face and bezel.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Do do you think I'd be able to order the Citizen metal strap from the BN0150-61E from somewhere?

#965 ·
Do do you think I'd be able to order the Citizen metal strap from the BN0150-61E from somewhere?
Sure! Once it's available, you can order one from some retailer or representative that has them on their market. The stand alone bracelet should be more expensive than buying it with the watch but I can't imagine it's a lot more.

I'm betting there will be a blue Prime on bracelet, same thing happened with the ny0040 once the bracelets showed up. Either originally fitted or fitted by the sellers, you had the black, blue and full lume versions available on bracelet.

On the other hand, the Orca had a bracelet version only in the blue varition. It was JDM version and a ti version very specific to that watch but, even so, it could be ordered at some point.