WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#967 ·
I'd buy that LE Ti diver if the Ti had the Duratect treatment.

#968 ·
Roadhog;14245082 I know there are a lot of seiko mods available said:
I've looked into it some time ago and I got the impression that no, it isn't. IIRC, the discussion was about getting a 007 bezel in that watch but apparently the one on the solar is smaller. I didn't look very deeply into this as I found the Prime and, fairly or not, I trust Citizen more on solar technology - they are been doing it for ages now and most of their watches are ecodrive. There's some good impressions on the Seiko mid-thread but it's like a boxer engine - I won't disqualify automatically any car maker that puts such an engine on one of their cars but I'll wait. I know only of Subaru and Porsche that have been using them consistently for a long time (ok petrolheads... Alfa Romeu tried them and it wasn't pretty).

#973 ·
Agreed, and IMO Citizen is the Porsche of Solar. A couple years back I picked up a SSC031 (yes another blue face) on SS bracelet, and it's been a regular in the rotation. No pun intended, but time will tell on the Subaru. Price was fantastic too!! Not my photo, I'll get one though . . .
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#971 ·
They are proud of Duratect. It would say if it was.

#972 ·
Yea, you're probably right... and I said it was coated (I guess like my Tough RMC) and Duratect isn't really a coating from what I understand, is it? It's carbon injected into the titanium to produce more molecular bonds, so you should end up with an even material.

#980 ·
Great to see this thread is still very much alive! I've been away from the internet for over a week now, because the birth of my daughter :D

I did get a brand new Citizen Prime directly from the store to replace the broken one (and it's still working fine!).

Plus I actually received the new one on the day my daughter was born, so this watch is never-ever leaving my collection!

#982 ·
Great to see this thread is still very much alive! I've been away from the internet for over a week now, because the birth of my daughter :D

I did get a brand new Citizen Prime directly from the store to replace the broken one (and it's still working fine!).

Plus I actually received the new one on the day my daughter was born, so this watch is never-ever leaving my collection!
Congrats on the watch and especially on the daughter!!

#1,006 ·
Got asked for size comparison shots in my usual hangout forum so might as well post them here also. It's a crapy, dark, rainy day, so not great shots. Prime, O4H and PRS18 side by side.

I was a bit surprised with this last profile picture, the Prime is for all intents and purposes as thick as the 04H. It feels thicker, maybe because it is wider.

#1,010 ·
Congrats on one of the best watches you can ever buy! (...of course I'm not biased... what made you think that??) How do you like it so far?

What straps are those that have to come from Sweden? I'm always eager to find an alternative to my vast repertoire of diver watch strap options :-d

#1,011 ·
My immediate impression is that it does indeed appear slender/shapely, understated and very classic. The rest of my watches have more "personality" I guess, Ecozilla, Prime in Blue, BL5400-52A, Altichron, Primo Chronograph in blue and the SSC019. I won't get to complete my 04H inspection until I get home tonight.

I ordered from www.cheapnatostraps.com

I checked around a bit, and customer reviews were decent. My primary goal was to obtain a lot of options I can try out, and with nato/Zulu, changing bands is pretty quick (relative to removing/replacing spring bars.)

I ordered all three Bond striped options, ACU Grey/Green and brown leather. All are 5 ring(ss) Zulus. I like the look of the heavier rings. I know the traditional look would be thinner nato strap and keepers (as you and Hiro noted.) All five straps came to $52.19 shipped. 04H photos to follow once the straps arrive. Here is a shot of my Altichron in brown leather with copper stitching. Love this one!!!

Attachments

#1,013 ·
I noticed a difference on the engraving of the screw down case back between a few photos posted. One has the case back saying "DO NOT OPEN SERVICE CENTER REPAIR ONLY" and the others do not. Strange...why wouldn't they all have the same case back? Guess it depends what country you get the watch from.

hiro1963 posted this photo at the start of this thread (apologies for stealing your photo from post #1):
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Metal

Kutusov posted his pic (see the watch in the middle, apologies again for stealing your image from post #1007):

Cleary one has the "DO NOT OPEN SERVICE CENTER REPAIR ONLY" while the other doesn't.

#1,015 · (Edited)
I noticed a difference on the engraving of the screw down case back between a few photos posted. One has the case back saying "DO NOT OPEN SERVICE CENTER REPAIR ONLY" and the others do not. Strange...why wouldn't they all have the same case back? Guess it depends what country you get the watch from.

Cleary one has the "DO NOT OPEN SERVICE CENTER REPAIR ONLY" while the other doesn't.
That's an easy one... mine is better than Hiro's ;-):-d

Ok, edit for seriousness... you might be right about the market from which they came. I think Hiro bought it in the US, mine is from Germany. But then again, from that logic, it should said "ACHTUNG!!! FREITZEINHWARTZ RAUSS SCHWALTZERKOFTSTEIN KUBENVAULKTEN!!!!"

Damn it... edit nr.2. There's another difference, I think. Hiro's caseback is brushed, mine is polished.

#1,164 ·
The reason is simple: they are loud because the are excited that you can buy the Citizen in black and blue all over the place here in Germany. Already discounted too. Since a couple of days also with bracelet. I discovered that hey can be even found in the most simple department stores. If thats no reason to rave, well....;-)