WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#1,032 ·
I'm thinking of picking up the ladies Excalibur for my wife, any thoughts? I found it with SS bracelet, and it's hard to find decent eco divers for woman. The same seller has the mens Excalibur with yellow band for $130. I can probably land both for just under $300. Seems like a no brainer.

#1,040 ·
So I see the SS bracelet version with the SS strap is up on the Italian Citizen website.

Citizen - Galleria

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

I noticed that the European models have different model numbers than the U.S. version. I don't understand why they would be different as they seem to be the exact same watch?

BN0151-17L Blue dial/bezel on blue strap (US model is BN0151-09L)
BN0150-10E Black dial/bezel on black strap (not announced in USA)
BN0250-61E Black dial/bezel on SS bracelet (not announced in USA)

Was hoping the blue dial version would also be available on a SS bracelet. Really hope I can at least order the stainless steel bracelet.

#1,043 ·
Hey, Hiro, I saw on another thread that you once owned a Nighthawk. It's been asked on another forum how does it keep its 200m WR since the slide ruler crown doesn't screw down. It's rather odd as the main one does. Any idea on this since I can't find the answer anywhere?

I know that there are 200+m watches that don't use a screw down crown but more sophisticated systems of o-rings etc. I doubt it is the case with the Nighthawk as it would make no sense going Sinn-alike with a slide ruler crown and not the main one...

#1,047 ·
Hey, Hiro, I saw on another thread that you once owned a Nighthawk. It's been asked on another forum how does it keep its 200m WR since the slide ruler crown doesn't screw down. It's rather odd as the main one does. Any idea on this since I can't find the answer anywhere?

I know that there are 200+m watches that don't use a screw down crown but more sophisticated systems of o-rings etc. I doubt it is the case with the Nighthawk as it would make no sense going Sinn-alike with a slide ruler crown and not the main one...
Hey Kutusov,

I'm just gonna quote my own post. :)

According to this review, "the slide-rule turning crown, is neither engraved nor screwdown, however, it does not compromise water-resitence, because the case is fitted together in such a way that the additional crown does not reach the interior of the watch at all - it does not penetrate the water-tight seals."

https://www.watchuseek.com/f305/citizen-promaster-sky-nighthawk-bj7019-62e-review-351539.html

Reactions: Kutusov
#1,055 ·
So I only got to see how strong the lume really is today. Got very hot in the afternoon over here and I had to stop the car, take the coat off and roll my sleeves up. That must have allowed for 10 minutes of strong sun light and when I got to the office and its lights out, wow! I think it's as strong as my ex NY0054 which I always felt had the strongest lume of any watch I have ever owned. I don't know yet if it lasts that long. Still, it was a nice surprise as I always felt a bit underwhelmed with the new blue lume. The lume on the Prime is definitely a lot stronger than on the disappointing Orca and its huge lumed markers.

#1,063 ·
I'm on an Android phone and it's fine. As to the watch, I think a smaler size allows it to be mire balanced. It's a bit embarrasing but I have t g e same problem with more sporty boots, ladys versions aways look better to me: simpler, less useless crap.... not proud to admit it ��

#1,072 ·
So . . . my zulus for the 04H still haven't shown up. Customs/postal transfer, whatever. Needless to say, I wore the new 04H today as I was tired of waiting (just not a fan of the stock rubber.) Anyhoo- thought I'd shoot some side by sides and a lume shot. Sun time was identical (just a couple of minutes- very direct sun.) To my eye the (maybe it's the green) the Prime is strong, and the 04H just blazes- the pic looks about equal.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Light Speedometer Green Auto part Measuring instrument

My impressions of the 04H are that it wears much smaller than it's size. I think it has to do with the case shape (rounded) and the smaller face. My wrist size is 7&5/8 so the 04H wears more like a dress watch for me (and the tapered rubber band only excentuates that.) That said, size is my only complaint, everything else about the 04H is exceptional- build/lum/300m/bezel/style/comfort. The Prime, ticks all the boxes for me (including size.) If I had to choose between the two, I'd keep the Prime (style/size.) With 5 20mm zulu straps arriving soon (I hope) I'm thinking of ordering a black Prime (150.) Does anyone know if I'll get hit with duties from Holland?

#1,132 ·
So . . . my zulus for the 04H still haven't shown up. Customs/postal transfer, whatever. Needless to say, I wore the new 04H today as I was tired of waiting (just not a fan of the stock rubber.) Anyhoo- thought I'd shoot some side by sides and a lume shot. Sun time was identical (just a couple of minutes- very direct sun.) To my eye the (maybe it's the green) the Prime is strong, and the 04H just blazes- the pic looks about equal.
View attachment 3533866 View attachment 3533890 View attachment 3533914
My impressions of the 04H are that it wears much smaller than it's size. I think it has to do with the case shape (rounded) and the smaller face. My wrist size is 7&5/8 so the 04H wears more like a dress watch for me (and the tapered rubber band only excentuates that.) That said, size is my only complaint, everything else about the 04H is exceptional- build/lum/300m/bezel/style/comfort. The Prime, ticks all the boxes for me (including size.) If I had to choose between the two, I'd keep the Prime (style/size.) With 5 20mm zulu straps arriving soon (I hope) I'm thinking of ordering a black Prime (150.) Does anyone know if I'll get hit with duties from Holland?
What band do you have on the prime?

#1,074 · (Edited)
Don't know how customs work in the US but I think that theoretically yes, you should pay an import duty. If they'll bother with that or not is another thing and it's my impression you guys get away with it often.

It's tough to judge the old and new lume. Like I mentioned before, our eyes evolved in a way to pick up greens better, I think it's the colour that our eyes are more sensitive to. So there's that subjectivity and it would be impossible to say without actually measuring it but I still think that the blue might look cooler but it's not as good as the old green stuff.

Don't think of the BN000 like a dress watch, think about it more like a field watch and you'll have a better time with it. It's not that far off actually, as Hiro mentioned it used to be a Royal Navy issued watch, so you had Royal Marines wearing them at some point.

#1,076 ·
Don't know how customs work in the US but I think that theoretically yes, you should pay an import duty. If they'll bother with that or not is another thing and it's my impression you guys get away with it often.

It's tough to judge the old and new lume. Like I mentioned before, our eyes evolved in a way to pick up greens better, I think it's the colour that our eyes are more sensitive to. So there's that subjectivity and it would be impossible to say without actually measuring it but I still think that the blue might look cooler but it's not as good as the old green stuff.

Don't think of the BN000 like a dress watch, think about it more like a field watch and you'll have a better time with it. It's not that far off actually, as Hiro mentioned it used to be a Royal Navy issued watch, so you had Royal Marines wearing them at some point.
Didn't pay duty on the ladies excal, might roll the dice again (don't have a choice if I want a black Prime.) Those lady primes are really nice too, but my wife will like the SS band better.

I think the tapered rubber band is keeping me from bonding totally with the 04H. The new straps should help. I really didn't notice I had it on today, which will be perfect for hiking/mountain biking/etc. My other watches are either too big or too heavy to be ideal for these activities. The compass/altimeter are nice tools for hiking though (Altichron.)

Funny, in the lume photo, the blue looks brighter to me. When I took the photo, the green was brighter to my eye. Might be a perceptive issue, or it absolutely could be the camera. I wonder how photos with my DSLR would compare. I suspect color space/quality control and color balance with the sensors could be part of the issue.

#1,080 ·
Both these watches have good lume but I'm yet to come across a watch as good as my long gone NY0054. I've never owned a Monster though, and that seems to be the benchmark. But I did owned a watch where good lume is too much, a full lume Aristo Dakar... it was ridiculous to go inside and having a huge firefly on my wrist :-d

But honestly, as far as telling the time in dark goes, I think the best ones I had were Timex Expeditions. That Indiglo thing that Timex has is just great!