WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#1,130 ·
kudos, lovely shots...enjoy your new baby
......nice to have fun with different straps...can give a watch so many different personalities.

i was / am considering cheap seiko 007 as my first dive...this beauty, however, has me thinking it's a nice alternative

#1,139 ·
a really lovely watch...for my first ''affordable/sub $400'' desk dive watch
i am going to seriously review and look at this model
as well as at the venerable seiko skx007...will be a toss up.

#1,153 ·
I'm waiting on the black prime, then I'll throw up some pics with a couple of different zulus. A 3 ring or RAF would look nice too. I know the 04h seems like it would be too small for a zulu (especially the 5 ring), but I really like the look.

#1,154 ·
The Infusion has arrived!!!! Really like it. Has a very Omega feel/vibe. The angular cuts on the outer edge of the bezel are understated and classy. The ceramic bezel has a nice luster to it. The waves on the face are visible and yet still subtle. Group shot with familiar faces, and a good comparo for Prime size. I also got a lume shot. I placed them the same positions in the light and the dark for comparison.
Fashion accessory Games
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Titanium
Green Darkness Technology Night

#1,155 ·
That's an interesting lume shot. I know about automatic camera compensations, etc and I might be biased but I still think it proves my point. The Prime seems to have the strongest lume of all and it's not about area of aplied paint: the Zilla should win if it was that. The 04H has excellent lume but it's not as strong in the peak charge as the prime (although I think it holds better).

So I speculate that Citizen has revised their lume paint... it's still blue but not only is it stronger now, I can't quite see that phase where it would look greenish in, say, the Orca or the Excalibur.

Just for the hell of it, here's a lume shot of a supertitanium Citizen:

This is very hard to capture. Not only is it very minimalistic, the areas of lume are rather small so they don't get to shine all that much. It's surprising how effective it is while it lasts though, the 4 main markers are enough to give a good estimate of what time it is.

#1,156 ·
Re: Citizen BN0151-09L some pics

Thanks for the photos. Citizen makes good watches and the Eco-Drive makes the need for battery changes unnecessary which I like. My wife and I have several Citizen Eco-Drives between us and find them very accurate and excellent to wear.

Reactions: flu and hiro1963
#1,157 ·
Re: Citizen BN0151-09L some pics

Thanks for the photos. Citizen makes good watches and the Eco-Drive makes the need for battery changes unnecessary which I like. My wife and I have several Citizen Eco-Drives between us and find them very accurate and excellent to wear.
Still, be a bit old fashioned and indulge yourself with a mechanical watch... or a few dozen :-d. I no longer have the patience to wake up everyday and having to go about winding and setting a watch, partly because I do own quite a lot of them and even an auto will stop after a couple of days. But I was in the mood for it these last couple of days and it was a joy to wear an auto Seiko yesterday and a Poljot/Kirova chrono today. I guess it's sort of like owning a classic car... I know there are cars with electronic injections that always start when you turn the key but a classic has that mechanical feeling that it's a thing of its own.

Right... no more drinks for me... :-x