WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#1,178 ·
Thanks. I think I had already heard that the NY fit th 04H. Bummer about the end links though. Still a NY purchase with stainless bracelet, gives you a classic automatic and a dual watch bracelet. My 04H was meant to be a everyday workman, so it'll stay on zulus for now. It does make a NY purchase sweeter.

#1,179 · (Edited)
I know I already posted my Infusion pic, I wanted to add, I'm really impressed with the bracelet. I had planned to move it to a stripe zulu (bond black red grey) but the bracelet begs to stay on it. I purposely avoided the two tone bracelet with the black links down the middle, and looked for the full SS. SEL and in excellent condition. Got a little lucky, the seller didn't have any spare links, but his wrist is the same size as mine (and I had one extra pin move available on the clasp.) I'm bummed I missed the closeout pricing with warranty, but couldn't be happier that I found one in great condition, for a great price right here on WUS!!!

#1,180 ·
Have read quite a few pages in this thread. I appreciate threads like this. Thanks to everyone who has posted.

1. Can someone Point me to the best place to get the black bn0151(price/shipping speed/authorized dealer). I only see blue on eBay.
2. Unless I have misread, this watch has a lot of brushed finish. I like the shark mesh that road hog Has on his. Excellent taste sir! What brand? Is it made in a brushed finish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,181 ·
Have read quite a few pages in this thread. I appreciate threads like this. Thanks to everyone who has posted.

1. Can someone Point me to the best place to get the black bn0151(price/shipping speed/authorized dealer). I only see blue on eBay.
2. Unless I have misread, this watch has a lot of brushed finish. I like the shark mesh that road hog Has on his. Excellent taste sir! What brand? Is it made in a brushed finish?

Depends on where you are but I think you might be searching with the wrong terms. The black one is not bn0151, that's the the blue one. It's BN0150-10E. As to your second question, it's lightly brushed as typical of Citizen. A brushed bracelet will probably be slightly more brushed but it's still a better match IMO, polished is just too shiny to match. It's a matter of taste though, I once had a black PVDed mesh on a NYO40 and, although it sounds like a strange combo, it worked very well.

#1,184 ·
What is the model number of the black dial w/bracelet again? The last time when I checked the Italian Citizen site, it didn't say the model number.

#1,188 ·
Because Citizen doesn't invest a lot in mechanical watches and ecodrive is actually a much better way of doing things from a practical point of view. It's also the technology they have invested more and, possibly aside from Seiko, you have no matching competition for a solar watch like this.

I see it as a good thing as you now have one more option of a solar diver when there aren't many to choose from. But there are tons and tons of options for mechanical divers similar to this one.

#1,192 ·
No, they're not. They just enjoy life a lot more than most of us and that can pass by laziness for some of us. I've spent a couple of holidays in Italy and boy, do they have a much better outlook on life! They couldn't understand why I would worry so much about rubbish that ultimatly I have no control of, such if I'll end up being professionally redundant, etc. But that being said, and watches being a good thing in life, I've also checked the Italian forum and they are on top of this. No one seems to have been able to get one yet but they're looking!

#1,194 ·
Not sure, I guess it depends on the area and company etc. But nothing beats the Spaniards and their siesta!! You go to lunch, work a bit, sleep a couple of hours and then work a few more hours. It means stuff will be opened until later, not that you work less. But even that is great, with lots of people going for dinner and drinks at 23. Slow passed, sociable and no visible decrease in productivity. That's why I think my country is a historical mistake, we should have been Spain!! (well, not just because of the siesta :-d)

#1,197 ·
I am Italian. The town my father is from-Palestrina-everything closes in the middle of the day for a few hours. I have not been in 20 years. May have changed with "the times".

What I know of Italy is more around Pescara area, so it's more of a tourist area and they probably tend to stay open as much as they can on high season. Don't know if it stays the same during Winter.

But even in Portugal there are areas that do that. The Alentejo area is pretty much like Andaluzia in Spain, savana like, desertic area that gets excruciatingly hot during the Summer. It doesn't have many people and it's an aged population, so they'll close during the hotter hours because it's hard to put up with the heat and there's virtually no customers anyway. We are talking about small businesses anyway, the few companies that might exist there will probably stay open with their A/Ced offices.

#1,201 ·
Yeah, it's those ones. Satin is the word sometimes used for brushed. Omega end links are those you see on that bracelet, just the metal loops and the springbars have to go through them. Some other mesh bracelets will have a closed SS tube at the end. One says Omega style because that's the way Omega did their mesh bracelets for the Ploprof.

#1,202 ·
Ebay seller name is wjean28. Kutosov is correct in pointing out that you should determine if you want links/no links first. After that, I don't know that there is a tremendous difference between brushed/satin finished options between sellers. I definately prefer the omega ends/non-straight bar but that is personal preference. I went with William Jeans after reading many favorable reviews. Wjean offers two additional mesh finishes- grey matte and pvd-black.
The mesh I purchased . . .
20mm Shark Mesh Bracelet No Links with Omega Ends | eBay

#1,218 ·
Hi everyone, I was thinking of buying the bn0151 but recently came across the Steinhart ocean 1 military. I'm not to bothered by the fact it is an homage to the Rolex 5517, and wondered how it compared to the bn0151. Does anyone have both, and how do they compare in terms of value for money, durability and overall quality?

#1,224 ·
Thanks Kutusov, your advice has been really interesting. I'll wait to hear from some other users, but I heard somewhere that the screw crown threads on the citizen divers were rubbish and that the citizen would fail because of the crown. In terms of servicing, if the quartz movement fails in 5-10 years, is that the end for the citizen, or can it be replaced with another quartz movement or even an automatic? Also, when a mineral crystal becomes impossible to see through due to scratching, can it be replaced with sapphire?

#1,225 ·
I don't know where that information about the a cross thread problem with Citizen came from, never heard of it... could be in some specific model though. The point with an ecodrive is that you won't be screwing and unscrewing it nowhere near the amount of times on an auto. You'll probably only have to do it every other month to set the date and when clocks go forward or back. It won't be failing because of that. (BTW, if it does, it's about €20 to replace the tube)

he quartz movement won't fail in 5 to 10 years! Autos don't fail, why would this one that has no balance wheel and so many moving parts? What might fail is the rechargeable battery, people mention that number for the life expectancy of the battery. I never had one failing on me and Citizen claims a 10% (or maybe 20%, I forget) reduction on charging capability of their batteries after 20 years of use. 20!! They came up with that number but speed-aging tests, so it's not something they pulled out of their collective arses. ;-)

You probably can't change the module to an auto movement easily. The movement would have to fit the case, meaning same diameter and hight. The cannon pinion would have to be the same size or you would have to change hands also. You can get another module in much easier, it's simple as anything. Open case, remove stem, take dial and and hands off, put dial and hands on the new one, drop it in, replace the stem, close the case and it's done.

What I think you should focus on is that what you are asking has to do with durability. You'll are much more likely to have to deal with the kind of issues you mention on a mechanical watch like the Steinhart than with the Citizen.

#1,231 · (Edited)
Actually Kutusov, you have not confused me at all. I want something that looks good and will cope with rough treatment so from what you've said, this pretty much rules out the Ocean 1. As you said about my interest in these two, I understand that they are different, but the rave reviews from so many people about Steinhart and on forums were hard to ignore.