WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#1,302 · (Edited)
Just found out I got a refund and do not have to return this piece of crap. Flattened links. Polished way too much! I will try to brush it while waiting to buy a prime.

If the brushing fails-Now that I know about wjean28 I will be ready to buy that too. Perfect info thread guys. Thanks everyone. Just noticed I quoted myself instead if editing above.

#1,303 ·
There are a couple of pics way back in this thread of someone with flattened links- I think they look good. It's a matter of taste I guess. I like both, mine are not flattened. I'd hold off on brushing those until you get it installed, then let your eye tell you if you like it the way it is. Mine was sold as satin/brushed, and in strong outdoor light, it looks polished.

#1,304 ·
I have two. One is a polished flattened one from eBay ($25) and the other one is a brushed regular one from Strap Co (Canada).

The polished flattened one's clasp feels light. The mesh looks kinda cheap, but still very strong though. It was very tough to cut them by using wire cutter.

The other brushed one has a better clasp like wjean's. It looks almost matte than brushed and dark.

#1,306 ·
That pic with the flattened actually looks good. The clasp on mine is light feeling also. Links are 4mm thick and have decent weight.
Finally got my strap and deployment for my VSA from Poland. It took 3 weeks to arrive. Clasp looks great on it. Subtle brush, just how I wanted.

Hard to see with my crappy phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,308 · (Edited)
Just received a BN0150-61E. Sorry for the quality of the pics and my poor english.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

The bracelet has solid end links:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

Details of the bracelet extension for dive suits:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Gadget Technology Bumper Audio equipment Wood

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

I actually bought this watch to go diving, I just drown my Seiko BFK after three years of continuous diving (my fault, crown not tigthen enough after a time change).

Regards!

Attachments

#1,310 ·
Just received a BN0150-61E. Sorry for the quality of the pics and my poor english.

View attachment 3734458

The bracelet has solid end links:

View attachment 3734474

Details of the bracelet extension for dive suits:

View attachment 3734498

View attachment 3734482

View attachment 3734490

I actually bought this watch to go diving, I just drown my Seiko BFK after tree years of intense diving (my fault, crown not tigthen enough after a time change).

Regards!
Congrats! (My spell check turned that into Xiong rats. Wtf?)
That divers extension looks like a good design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,326 ·
I wouldn't bother with ebay for one of those... it's old enough for many people owning one of those. It's also not to everyone's liking - you know, big lump of steel - so you'd probably do better posting a WTB, I'm sure you could get a better and faster deal that way. And avoid the expense of kicking your screen across the room when you get sniped on the very last second of the auction ;-)

#1,336 ·
Oh, sorry Worker (what a depressing username :-d), I didn't mean yours or as a statement to your new strap. I was thinking/writing out loud about mine 20mm strap but the one I have it on does taper to 18mm. Maybe a parallel strap could have a different effect. I can certainly think of a watch I own which is a squarish 44mm/45mm case with 22mm lugs. There's no way a 22/20mm strap would look good on that one.

#1,350 ·
I contacted the Canadian Citizen Service Center today. They are able to order the SS bracelet from the BN0150-61E from Hong Kong for about $120 CAD. Only downside is I have to wait up to 12 weeks. So anyone who wants the bracelet should be able to get one from their Citizen service Center.

#1,357 ·
I just ordered a HR grey Cordura strap! I wasn't sure earlier because of this photo posted @Holben's.

Looks shiny and fake Kevlar.

Then, I saw this photo. More like it.