WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#1,415 ·
I don't know why but I tend to think of Citizen and Seiko side by side and Citizen is my favourite. It's weird as Seiko has a lot more options and iconic watches. True that many iconic Seikos cost an arm and a leg... the Spring Drives, for example. Quite interesting but I fail to see the point of a quartz assisted mechanical watch. Maybe if I had only one or a couple of watches I would think differently.

Where I live I hardly get any atomic clock radio signals, so that also makes atomic watches a bit pointless to me. I don't know how good the new GPS technology but I've read it takes a while to acquire a signal and you do have to have clear skies and, obviously, be outside to have a direct line of sight. They're are also still very expensive and a regular quartz is more than accurate enough for me, I wouldn't be able to bear my mechanical watches if I though differently.

It's true that I'm rapidly turning into a grumpy old man, as I don't really get all that excited with new technology - bluetooth watches are beyond me - and my mind goes almost instantly to "I never needed this, why should I need it now??".

#1,419 ·
Just another post on clasps to bother you all but that might help someone who has the same problem as me. Side by side Seiko/Seiko unbranded type clasps.

(for those who don't own either, the Seiko one here is the farthest away)

Pictures are from Rob at monsterwatches and we both agree that the generic clasp actually feels better built and stronger. It's the clasp you'll find on the cheapest versions of the Super-engineer and mesh bracelets that comes out of China.

They are shorter, which is a plus for me, and have one less hole than the Seiko ones. I would say this last thing doesn't really matter, if you're going for the 4th hole it means you should take or add a link.

#1,431 ·
Re: SKX Case vs BN0151-09L Comparision Shots

Yup, overall the Prime wears a bit bigger than the 007.

Mine is back on a deep blue NATO w/brushed hardware now. Standard two-piece tapered straps started looking a bit too narrow for the case.

#1,433 · (Edited)

Got mine today. I had to send the first one I got back, because it had two little scratches on the bezel. No problem on a used watch, but on a new one I want to make the scratches MYSELF!!! :-d

It have the black one, the dial is grey in my opinion, guess someone else said that before. The Citizen NY0040 has a black dial, compared to that this is not black.

I wear it on a black-grey bond zulu.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal Ring Finger
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Metal Titanium

#1,434 ·

It have the black one, the dial is grey in my opinion, guess someone else said that before. The Citizen NY0040 has a black dial, compared to that this is not black.
I can see what you mean but I think the difference is that the Prime dial is matt and, remember, it's transparent so that the light can get in to the cells. These ecodrives used to have a "blacker" dial but it was shiny and a lot of people didn't like that. Interestingly enough, one of the things I always loved about the NY0040 was the black shiny dial, it gives it a sense of a deep black thing. It's contrary to some WIS principle that I never got that a dial should be matt as military watches usually are. I think I've read the reasoning has something to do with readability and glare but I never felt that the shiny dial of the NY040 lost one iota of readability because of that. On the contrary, I felt it increased it by the bigger contrast between markers hands and dial.

Oh, and congrats on your new watch! We all know black is the way to go :-d:-x

#1,439 ·

I thought I saw some pics in this thread as well. Strange...

Do you prefer the SE or SE II to the OEM bracelet on the blue Prime?

#1,441 ·

I thought I saw some pics in this thread as well. Strange...

Do you prefer the SE or SE II to the OEM bracelet on the blue Prime?
Don't know, I had to see those pictures again... the OEM bracelet has that nasty clasp I dislike and I think the Prime could handle well a bracelet without endlinks but I really would have to see a side by side. Personally though I think I wouldn't go with either option, I tend to favour 2p straps and, if I went with a bracelet, it would be the regular, not flattened shark mesh like the one you posted.

I would love an original Citizen rubber strap about 30mm shorter but that doesn't exist, so... unless I come across something I never saw before, it will stay on the current strap. I wish it was parallel but that's a small problem compared to what I find problematic with other options.

#1,440 ·

Black Prime on Bond Black/Grey . . . good to see another one out there!!!!! My black has been rocking the ACU green/grey- which is a fantastic look, but it's going back to bond. Since I can't really justify the extra cash for the Red Arrows Skyhawk (well, I can if I talk myself into it- and it would look smashing with a burgundy/crimson zulu) I'm contemplating a SS Skyhawk, which will split time with the OE bracelet and the ACU zulu.

#1,445 ·

Some comparison pics with my Seiko Monster
You guys should start taking these size comparisoin pictures with the watches on squared paper :-d

Seems to me the Monster is pretty much the same size as the Prime?

Your lume pictures are interesting... Am I safe to assume you speed-charged the lume with some torch and that the green lume is stronger at first but that the blue holds better?

#1,451 ·

I like it also, blue is always a problem for me (like I said 1000 times already) but I guess steel would be my choice. If it was a non-diver, brown leather goes pretty well with blue, for example the blue Hamilton paneuropean chrono.

I'm keeping the HR... afterall, it's the strap I have on all my non-bracelet divers and there has to be a reason for that :-d

#1,452 ·

I like it also, blue is always a problem for me (like I said 1000 times already) but I guess steel would be my choice. If it was a non-diver, brown leather goes pretty well with blue, for example the blue Hamilton paneuropean chrono.
Right. The first generation blue dial Aqua Terra on a brown croco strap is one of my favorites as well.

I'm keeping the HR... afterall, it's the strap I have on all my non-bracelet divers and there has to be a reason for that :-d
I think I need a new watch for my grey Cordura. :)

#1,455 ·

I think there is a SS/mineral crystal version of the Royal Commando that is very affordable (AW1410-08E) 44mm? Is the RC like the 04h- one piece case back? 200m vs. 300m too.

#1,456 ·

I think there is a SS/mineral crystal version of the Royal Commando that is very affordable (AW1410-08E) 44mm? Is the RC like the 04h- one piece case back? 200m vs. 300m too.
It's similar in design and function but it's very different otherwise. The RMC is coated ti (probably their supertiatium) and 2.5mm sapphire crystal (try shattering that...) and it's also smaller like a real field watch.

Yes, it's a monocoque case and that's partly why the WR goes from 200m on the regular Tough to 300m.