WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#1,477 ·
Re: SKX Case vs BN0151-09L Comparision Shots

Hiro, I'm sure you mentioned it earlier but where did you obtain your shark mesh ?

Rod
Mine is from StrapsCo @ Amazon. It has a dark matte finish and has removable links, but still had to cut a row of chains to make it fit comfortably. I like the 12 o'clock side is a bit longer. Strap Code has many of them which come in various sizes w/0 removable links.

It's very similar to wjean's but the part which connects the clasp. Mine looks squeezed.

Reactions: dan55
#1,479 · (Edited)

Looking for help . . .
I purchased an Citizen AT0100-51a as a gift for my father years ago. He was visiting over the weekend, and mentioned that there was an issue with his bracelet. Sure enough, one of the two small bars that connect the links broke loose. Naturally it was one of the two connecting the bracelet to the end link, and those are not user serviceable links. The link is intact and the hole is in good shape, the bar that was pressed through appears to have broken off. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to fix it, short of buying a new titanium bracelet (if I can even find one, as it's a discontinued model.) If you look closely you can see the end of the rod they use on those links, they are hidden pretty well by the finishing process. He lives close to a Citizen authorized service center and I told him to go there and see what they say (likely buy a new bracelet.) Any other ideas? Steel shark mesh with titanium watch probably won't look right, will it? Not sure if he'd be happy with a two piece strap/band, and besides he has a very large wrist. Watch case is in great shape.

Here is a close up of the bracelet (not the actual broken one.)

Attachments

#1,481 · (Edited)

Looking for help . . .
I purchased an Citizen AT0100-51a as a gift for my father years ago. He was visiting over the weekend, and mentioned that there was an issue with his bracelet. Sure enough, one of the two small bars that connect the links broke loose. Naturally it was one of the two connecting the bracelet to the end link, and those are not user serviceable links. The link is intact and the hole is in good shape, the bar that was pressed through appears to have broken off. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to fix it, short of buying a new titanium bracelet (if I can even find one, as it's a discontinued model.) If you look closely you can see the end of the rod they use on those links, they are hidden pretty well by the finishing process. He lives close to a Citizen authorized service center and I told him to go there and see what they say (likely buy a new bracelet.) Any other ideas? Steel shark mesh with titanium watch probably won't look right, will it? Not sure if he'd be happy with a two piece strap/band, and besides he has a very large wrist. Watch case is in great shape.

Here is a close up of the bracelet (not the actual broken one.)
I'm not sure I understood what's wrong... you mean it's the pins that connect the last moving link to the endlinks that broke or the springbars on the endlinks?

Anyway, I don't think it's relevant, either pins or springabars should be something not exclusive to that partciluar model and a Citizen AD or watchmaker should be able to fix that easily. But then again, I might have not understood what the problem is..

Edit... Oh, you mean he broke a middle link?? One of those smaller ones?? He needs a link replacement then, Citizen should be able to provide one.

#1,483 ·

Thanks Hiro!
You are welcome!

BTW, wjean's SS shark mesh has a satin finish which would look polished from certain angles. Mine is supposed to be brushed, but looks dark matte silver. Hard to find the one between.

#1,489 ·

You found a better picture. If you look real close at the first two links at the bottom of your photo, you can see the end of the pressed in pins (there are 2 for each link and they are lighter colored.) They don't look serviceable. Shark mesh won't really compliment the look of the watch, never mind trying to match the finishes (SS/Ti.) I think you may be onto something with the brown croc suggestion. I'll have to email him some alternative options. I'm still interested in what the service center is going to tell him.

#1,490 ·

I'll have to email him some alternative options. I'm still interested in what the service center is going to tell him.
...or you could just give your poor father a new watch :-d

But honestly, I think that watch would look a 1000x better on a leather strap. I really don't fancy that bracelet, it's too TAG-ish for my taste. You can't go wrong with something like a Rios "New Orleans", best brand of leather straps for the money IMO. And they make them in regular size or XL, so it would fit your father's wrist nicely. I'm looking at one right now for €25.45 from Germany (watch-band-centre) but lots of ebay sellers also carry this brand.

#1,496 · (Edited)

. . . .or you could just give your poor father a new watch :-d

Well naturally, I thought of that- specifically an Excalibur or Black Prime. He told me he loves that watch, he's worn it every day for many years (he's not a multi-watch/collector/rotation kind of guy.) The crystal and body are in amazing condition for the mileage. I toyed with the idea of just letting him take his pick from my small collection (sans a couple of watches that were gifts from my wife) but sensed he wouldn't want any of them over the broken one he has. I think a leather band is worth trying, and if he doesn't get on with that, maybe I'll just buy him the replacement bracelet- it's only money after all.

#1,500 ·

. . . .or you could just give your poor father a new watch :-d

Well naturally, I thought of that- specifically an Excalibur or Black Prime. He told me he loves that watch, he's worn it every day for many years (he's not a multi-watch/collector/rotation kind of guy.) The crystal and body are in amazing condition for the mileage. I toyed with the idea of just letting him take his pick from my small collection (sans a couple of watches that were gifts from my wife) but sensed he wouldn't want any of them over the broken one he has. I think a leather band is worth trying, and if he doesn't get on with that, maybe I'll just buy him the replacement bracelet- it's only money after all.
Yeah, one can really speak for others. I stikk think that particular watch would look so much better on leather and, if it was mine, it would be on a croc strap long ago. But maybe he likes the way a bracelet wears and the ease with which you put such a watch in and out of your wrist.

#1,535 ·

So, the RMC model is basically an upgraded version of the Ray Mears?
Sorry Hiro, sorry guys... for some weird reason I sometimes stop receiving notifications, just got one now with new posts on the thread and I see I've missed a lot. Until I read all the ones I've missed, yes, I think it's safe to say the RMC is an upgraded Ray Mears in the sense that has more WR and a thicker crystal.

The RMC logo is tinny on these watches, I know that's a huge problem for most people but it's a small watch with an even smaller dial. I can hardly read what's on the green ribbon with he naked eye and my vision is 20/20. I could do with the "Sapphire/Titanium" at 3, that bothers me a lot more than the regiment banner. I'm not British though, I don't know if I would feel the same if I was. It would certainly feel like an abuse wearing a watch mentioning a regiment I never belonged to and that wears a beret I never earned the right to wear.

#1,503 ·

K can answer this better than I, but when I compared them - Ti/Ti vs. SS, Saph vs. Mineral, Monocoque vs. two piece, 300m vs. 200m, and 41mm vs. 44mm (not sure on the widths but the RMC is smaller.)

#1,504 ·
#1,509 ·
I've seen prices range from $190 to $300 from both domestic and international sellers. If the 5-year warranty is important to you shop carefully, many Primes for sale right now appear to be international 1-year warranty versions. I don't know that I've seen a black for sale from a domestic (US) authorized seller yet. My blue was an eBay purchase - $195, and my black is from the Netherlands (mastersintime) for $193 + shipping. There was a black with stainless bracelet for sale on eBay just sold yesterday for $179.

#1,516 ·
Somehow I thought you got a bottle too. I guess somebody else did it. Must have been K.

I thought the all euro models came with the bottle, but I guess that's not the case.

#1,520 ·
New Watch Day!!! Ok, not new, used from a WUS member. I'm waiting for straps, pics will follow probably early next week. As for the model, all I'll say is its solar, complicated and atomic . . . Classic in it's own right, but not like a Prime. You can all probably guess . . .

#1,524 ·
Skyhawk SS. I love the look on either ACU Green/Grey and/or Desert Khaki nato or zulu (both of which should arrive early next week.) I was keen on a Red Arrows version on a crimson/burgundy strap, but in the end couldn't justify the price difference. Funny Hiro mentioned the "G" - I've been circling around the Rangeman for quite a while, just haven't pulled the trigger- perfect tool for hunting. Skyhawk pics to follow once the straps arrive. In the meantime, I moved an old friend to rubber straps, and I'm liking it . . . Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Wrist