WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#1,717 ·
It all comes down to personal preference. I'm not that picky anymore at this price point though because even the PO2500 or other SMPs (2254, Bond, Electric Blue etc) didn't satisfy me and ended up selling them all.

#1,718 ·
You know that the only great watch is always the next watch ;-)

Tell you something, though... wearing my PRS18 today and it's a watch I can't fault on anything, I can't point even to small detail I would like different. Might look "just nice" on pictures but it's the perfect size, perfect fit, perfect dial... you get my point, I think... :-d

#1,722 ·
Dad's Excalibur arrived yesterday. It really is a nice watch. I like that the dial isn't crowded in by either the bezel or the chapter ring (which is flush with the dial.) He's going to like it. Now I just need to find him a replacement band for his AT0100. I'm thinking a simple grey nylon two piece (he won't go for leather.)

My search for a VGC BM0560 continues. After I missed the bid on the Bay (at $125), only one other has popped up with a BIN price of $200. Nothing yet from WTB here at WUS.

I have two colored nato/zulu straps coming, one for my blue prime and one for my BL5400. I'll post pics after they arrive.

#1,723 ·
Dad's Excalibur arrived yesterday. It really is a nice watch. I like that the dial isn't crowded in by either the bezel or the chapter ring (which is flush with the dial.) He's going to like it. Now I just need to find him a replacement band for his AT0100. I'm thinking a simple grey nylon two piece (he won't go for leather.)

My search for a VGC BM0560 continues. After I missed the bid on the Bay (at $125), only one other has popped up with a BIN price of $200. Nothing yet from WTB here at WUS.

I have two colored nato/zulu straps coming, one for my blue prime and one for my BL5400. I'll post pics after they arrive.
The problem with grey nylon straps is that they are usually too light, sort of a silvery light grey. The HR Cordura can be an option but these are also great, cheap and tough straps: Webbed Nylon Heavy Duty Watch Strap Black Khaki Navy 18mm 20mm | eBay

I used to put my Amphibias on them and they are confy, don't fray, the metal keeper makes them look a lot nicer... no grey option though but the black is always at least OK on anything.

#1,728 ·
My Eco Zilla has more scars than I can count. For a long time, it was in a daily rotation of only three, and it's seen at least five or six vacations involving volcanos and snorkeling. For some watches, the scars are more like badges of honor.

#1,729 ·
The Zillas have a full metal bezel and not an insert, I actually thought of getting a monster or a ti SBDN001 as a beater/travel watch thing. Then I reckoned I didn't needed the bezel anyway and that's when the opportunity arose of getting the Tough RMC. It's the scratches on the insert or crystal that bother me, I actually think that a polished diver that has a lot of scars gives it some character (I was thinking on a particular Certina DS3 that I guy I know always wears)

#1,731 ·
Don't know if I get what you're saying but sounds like busting a knee-cap to get rid of an headache? :-d

And I could add that if I had let the clasp alone, I would have it sitting safely in the box as I couldn't bear to wear it like that and the bezel would be fine!! ;-)

#1,737 ·
Not sure the white with red was a bond thing. I know blk/grey, blk/red/grey, black/red/grn are all considered bond straps. I think the true bond was black/red/green, and it wasn't really confirmed until one of the movies (The Man With The Golden Gun?) was transferred to high def.

Regardless, I saw the white and red stripes on a white faced Navitimer somewhere, and thought it might look good on the 5400.

The watch is a true 23mm, so I went with 22. I don't like gaps, but I dislike the scrunch even more.

#1,739 ·
Ahh . . . totally my mistake. Yeah, the narrower than the lugs thing, I never really considered that a "bond" thing, I always think of the colors. The narrow strap for bond was supposedly just an issue for the wardrobe staff finding something that would fit over a wet suit (which was in another scene.) I don't know really, and I'm not sure anyone really does. I really do wish that Citizen would just stick to the evens . . . 20/22/24mm. They do seem to love 23mm for some reason.

#1,741 ·
Just saw a good condition titanium version of the BN0001 on ebay. Don't know the model number. It's used with what looks like a little rash on a small area of the bezel. Crystal looks very clean. Rubber strap. Doesn't have that prism/waffle texture on the dial. If I didn't already have an 04H, this one looks like the ultimate version of the 0001. BIN at $140 plus $20 shipping from Singapore.

#1,745 ·
^^^ Oh, that model! I like it because the crown is bigger.

BTW, the PMA56-2791 is a men's watch. It's the exact same watch as the 04H but the dial and hands.

I don't recall the reference number of the women's model, but here is a comparison shot.

Reactions: Kutusov
#1,747 ·
Argh, Citizen and the small details... I also don't like those hands, they aren't very easy to tell apart :(

I'm having major problems with my PC and PB so I can't navigate back to that early picture I posted but I'm now thinking that that ebay ti watch is actually not the one I mentioned before. I could be wrong but I think it was a 300m diver... it's still very cool, though! I wonder if the guy is would accept 20 bucks just for the hand set :-d