WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#1,755 · (Edited)
So I had my blue diver BN0151 for a while now. While it is a nice watch, is harder to tell the time on a blue dial. I missed the time by one hour at least once if not twice. It looked to me it was 10 when actually it was 11. Also the second hand is beginning to be annoying as every minute it partially covers the hour and minute hand because the half of it is too wide as is trying to balance the other half of the second hand.

#1,757 ·
Does anyone know . . . is the spring bar spacing (from the body) different on the Excalibur between the bracelet version and the rubber strap versions? I thought that I had read that on come Citizen watches the lug holes were drilled in different locations depending on whether the watch was mated with the OE bracelet or the rubber strap?

#1,758 ·
I don't think it is because I've seen it advertised for both models interchangeably. If you're thinking of buying one, I guess the best way is to go to ebay, ask the seller and, if it doesn't fit, return it for a full refund. I think the new paypal policy even covers the returning costs.

#1,759 ·
I will keep. It just goes to show that Rolex got the all 3 hands design right 60 years ago. I was wondering why the Ecodrive does not use sweep second hand since watch it continuously charges and they could make the second hand smaller or no hang in the other side.

I have the Seiko military Japan edition and the dial is deep very easy to tell the time. Blue is definitely harder.

#1,760 ·
I will keep. It just goes to show that Rolex got the all 3 hands design right 60 years ago. I was wondering why the Ecodrive does not use sweep second hand since watch it continuously charges and they could make the second hand smaller or no hang in the other side.

I have the Seiko military Japan edition and the dial is deep very easy to tell the time. Blue is definitely harder.
Well, Citizen now owns Bulova and so they are the ones making the Precisionist movements. I'm pretty sure the reason why has to do with the ratio between how much energy a high beat quartz uses and the ecodrive energy input. You could end up with the sort of problem the Seiko kinetics had where you had to wear them constantly to keep them going and having a hard time to start them if they ran out of juice.

It's not so much a problem with regular, casual watches but I think this would be an extra problem for a diver and a liability that could mean not being able to get the ISO thingy.

Oh, and BTW... my black Prime is veeery easy to read :-d;-)

#1,761 ·
I like this watch a lot and it could be my next "dear wife I would like this present for our wedding anniversary" but actually I want it with the steel bracelet. My concern is about my 6.5" wrist: I am afraid the clasp is too long and might go over my bone.
Thoughts (or better...claps pics on a skinny wrist)? Thanks.

#1,762 ·
I wouldn't recommend it unless you end up doing what I did and posted a few pages back - switching the clasp. It's not only that it is very long, it's also thick and doesn't have microadjustement.

It's the same clasp used on the Excalibur and some Aqualands so you can google those, you'll find a lot more pictures and ends up being the same. I'm sure I have a couple of pictures but can't find them, sorry...

#1,770 · (Edited)
Yeah, not sure that the max bid wouldn't have been an issue on the bm0560 . . . but I know I didn't get a bid in as I cut it too close to the end. Coulda/shoulda won it- I was going to bid almost $30 over the winning price . . .

Haven't paid duties on either of my overseas watch purchases this year. One was Singapore (Ladies Excalibur) with a value under $200, the other (Black Prime) was the Netherlands and it was over $200. My guess is that customs is overloaded with the volume and has to put all their effort behind identifying banned/security related items.

#1,771 ·
Oh, I just recalled a funny story relating to my first Excalibur. I got it via Singapore on one of those grey market sellers and I guess customs people figured such a nice watch could not possibility be that cheap. The watch was on hold until "an expert" could validate its authenticity :):) Had to wait an extra 2 or 3 weeks but was almost worth the laugh and the email saying that the watch was deemed legit upon expert evaluation.

#1,776 ·
Couple of rubbish pictures but took them because I'm still pretty impressed with the lume in this one. Haven't wore this watch for a while and just went 5 minutes out of the house to have a coffee. It's enough for it to charge and shine like carzy... before and after the car's inside lights went out in the garage:

Automatic settings, no slow speed shutter, no nothing.

#1,787 ·
You'll love the NY0040! Very traditional tool diver and a movement that is far from fancy but in turn will last forever. I wished Miyotas were used much more than the much more expensive and unreliable ETAs. In fact, I often toy with the idea of selling all my Swiss autos and replacing them with Japanese stuff.

#1,789 ·
9 looong days of waiting but it's finally here. [emoji2] Liking this watch quite a bit so far. Solid build, light and a perfect tool look IMO. The bezel font is especially elegant.

Now I just need to wait for the Obris Morgan strap I ordered.
Congrats! Looks sharp!

I'm wearing my blue today w/new kicks.

Have a great weekend folks!