WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#1,844 ·
It's a lot harder with rubber, especially the polishing of the new cut edges to look like the rest of the strap! I tried once and wasn't at all happy with the results...

Anyway, sellers should bet a lot more on 2p textile straps, I bet there's a huge market for it. I know of only an ebay seller that offers 2p NATO straps - well, essentially a 1p cut in two and folded into two layers. Broad nylon keeper instead of the hardware - watchbandgirl. RLT used to sell them also but they are sold out for years now.

#1,845 ·
It's a lot harder with rubber, especially the polishing of the new cut edges to look like the rest of the strap! I tried once and wasn't at all happy with the results...

Anyway, sellers should bet a lot more on 2p textile straps, I bet there's a huge market for it. I know of only an ebay seller that offers 2p NATO straps - well, essentially a 1p cut in two and folded into two layers. Broad nylon keeper instead of the hardware - watchbandgirl. RLT used to sell them also but they are sold out for years now.
Amen to that. The metal hardware hits the desk or keyboard like crazy.

#1,847 ·
That's why I don't use Zulus at all, no possible contact whatsoever :-d

I wore my Amphibia Ministries on 2p Zulus for a while, given that they are bulky enough watches to handle the hardware but I feel that even a 2p is "less of two evils" thing. Shame really, as it greatly reduces my strap options, especially on diver watches.

#1,848 ·
I like the look of the watch on a single piece Zulu. But I'm not sure if I like the gap between the strap and my wrist at the 6 o'clock side if you understand what I mean. I think it depends on the watch though (straight lug vs curved lug etc... for example).

NATOs seem work better on my wrist though in general.

#1,855 ·
Well finally received a color striped zulu for my blue prime. Photos will follow in a day or two. Still searching for a BN0560. Tempted by the Citizen STX models . . . titanium/antimag/shock resistant. Like the full stealth all black/grey on a burgundy zulu with pvd rings.

#1,862 ·
Oh, how I hate people that find that stuff funny. Bunch of 10 years old. I know you probably wouldn't have any luck there but I would the person that had pushed me for a new phone.

And oh, how I hate my car... check this item on ebay 261952220290. I hope it's of interest for some of you, I'll have to let it pass :-(

#1,866 · (Edited)
Are all these things put together this well or did I get lucky?

Mine spanks the living **** out of Seiko booty at this price point. Bezel lines up with the chapter ring which line up with the lume pips. Second hand hit's all the marks. Bezel pip hit's 12 o'clock perfectly no clicking from play if you tap down on it. No back and forth slop in the hands as the crown rotates, threads feel like glass against glass...

I can't say hardly any of that about my 007 or SCC021

And I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes but...the lume is better. It's not as dazzling at the start but 2 hours later...it's obvious and after 4 or 5..WAY better.

#1,867 ·
I agree but do you know what's funny about it? I actually think all those play against Citizen. Seriously! There's nothing standing out, everything works as it should and you stop thinking about the watch after a while. I think it gets going through a lot of watches, getting a little bored with all the WIS stuff and actually wanting a good watch to apretiate something like this.

Couldn't agree more with the lume thing. And as I suggested a few pages back, the blue lume just doesn't look as strong as your traditional green because our eyes are more sensitive to green anyway. The proof on the pudding is what you say about how long it lasts. I should also add that, so far and AFAIK, this is first one that Citizen paid some attention to. Their blue lume has been around for a long time now but an Orca is no way near the Prime, despite the much bigger lume areas. The Excalibur is also good but I don't feel it is as good as the Prime.

#1,868 ·
Hi guys, sorry to ask, as it had probably been covered already, but I can't work my way through all these pages on this thread!

Is there a way to get the dive table off the origional strap?

Or is a replacement in order?

My Prime should be with me by Wednesday ��

#1,869 ·
It's not very easy to get it out... you can try acetone (and Hiro mentioned something else, I forget) and the paint will go away but you can still see the print from certain angles. Sort of like what you get if you buy a car that comes with vinyls and you wait 10k miles to take them out.

You can get a Bonetto Cinturini that is very good quality rubber and has an identical model to the Citizen's straps without the printing. The problem, for my point of view at least, is that they smell like vanilla and it's a strong scent that will get into everything. Some people love it, to others it's not a problem, a few of us hate it so much it even gives us migraines!

#1,883 ·
Interesting and yes very different. I liked that the reviewer noted the watch as uniquely "Citizen" - not borrowing from other manufacturers and traditional designs. As for the BM0560 . . . that seller listed twice with a starting bid around $199 US with no takers, then dropped to $49 on a one day listing. Got a bit lucky there. Not a high volume seller- so hopefully everything is as stated. Pics will follow . . . .

BN0000 today . . .
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory