WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Citizen Promaster Professional Diver BN0151-09L some pics

1M views 4K replies 612 participants last post by  maliboo74 
#1 · (Edited)
Just came in today.

Citizen BN0151-09L

Case: It's about 42mm (top of the bezel)/44mm (bottom) due to its slant bezel.

Lug tip to lug tip: 49mm (inside the lug)/47mm (outside of the lug)

Lug width: 20mm

Case thickness: 12mm

Some Q&D pics

The dial color is almost the same as that of the blue Sumo or the Bond SMP. The polyurethane strap is just like the one which comes with the BN0000-04H, but it feels more pliable.

Bezel action is clicky and crisp with a little backplay (60-click).

The case is mostly brushed. I think it's very nicely done. The signed crown is a nice touch as well.

Caseback

Mostly brushed as well.

Lume shot

Blue except the green 12 o'clock lume pip.

I've tried a couple of different straps and bracelets so far as you guys might have noticed already.

1). Deep blue NATO

2). Navy x orange x white striped NATO

3). Olive NATO

4). Obris Morgan natural rubber strap

5). Shark mesh

I like all the options I've tried so far. My favorite is a shark mesh atm.

I think it's a good looking no-nonsense diver's watch. It feels solid and well-made.

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: Citizen BN0151-09L some pics

Great looking watch, congrats! Lume shot?
I was just thinking about that. :-d Will do later.

BTW, in case you are wondering ;-), the second hand hits the markers perfectly, which is a big surprise to me. :) Not that I care (I used to :-d), but I thought I should mention that. |>

#8 ·

Thanks for the comments guys! I really appreciate it!

Very practical size. Not too big or small. Also, I forgot to mention the mineral glass is anti-reflective, which provides optimal legibility. Very practical.

Reactions: Eielson
#11 ·

$295? Not a bad price for a good looking watch. IMHO the BN0000-04H is a piece of crap. Tiny @$$ed loose feeling crown that broke on the second time I set the date on mine(and I baby my watches)

How does the bezel feel? no rattles when you tap on it? Does it feel cheap? I have been looking for a nice cheap Solar diver Every Seiko SNE107 and SNE109 solar diver I have played with has bezel rattle when lightly tapped(mine drove me nuts enough that I gave it to my younger brother) and the Seiko SNE279 bezel feels cheap and that I could crush it by gripping it too hard.

#15 · (Edited)

$295? Not a bad price for a good looking watch. IMHO the BN0000-04H is a piece of crap. Tiny @$$ed loose feeling crown that broke on the second time I set the date on mine(and I baby my watches)

How does the bezel feel? no rattles when you tap on it? Does it feel cheap? I have been looking for a nice cheap Solar diver Every Seiko SNE107 and SNE109 solar diver I have played with has bezel rattle when lightly tapped(mine drove me nuts enough that I gave it to my younger brother) and the Seiko SNE279 bezel feels cheap and that I could crush it by gripping it too hard.
I paid $192 for mine on eBay. The seller is an authorized Citizen dealer as well. He had only two.

Bezel action is pretty good. If you push it, it makes some minor noise, but doesn't feel that cheap. Definitely much better than the BN0000-04H, which is a big surprise to me. That being said, Seiko does better of course.

Reactions: dan55
#31 ·
Thanks for posting the pics of this good looking new Citizen.

]'ve been wanting to pick up a BN0100 to round out my affordable divers (SKX013 auto, Scurfa Diver One quartz) with an Eco-Drive (and Citizen diver), but now I'm thinking maybe I should this one, instead

Then there is always that blue dialed Excalibur....

Ya know, these "affordable" watches ain't so affordable when you end up buying 3 or 4 of them.

#33 ·
Thanks for posting the pics of this good looking new Citizen.

]'ve been wanting to pick up a BN0100 to round out my affordable divers (SKX013 auto, Scurfa Diver One quartz) with an Eco-Drive (and Citizen diver), but now I'm thinking maybe I should this one, instead

Then there is always that blue dialed Excalibur....

Ya know, these "affordable" watches ain't so affordable when you end up buying 3 or 4 of them.
I almost bought an Excalibur many times. I like it too.

But, I know what you mean. I got three watches already this year even though one was free. Not even February yet. LoL... That's the reason why I took a break from the forum for a while.

#38 ·
Thanks my friend. I know what you mean. It somehow doesn't look out of proportion in person though like the Sumo. Still, I would probably stick with non-tapered straps like NATOs or Zulus. Maybe blue Isofrane...