The new Samurai thread - Page 15
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: The new Samurai thread

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Re: The new Samurai thread

Ive no doubt seiko will have a lot of these returned and the problems already been fixed.
    Its poor calibration and id highly doubt that it will continue in further releases.

It would be interesting to see if the serial numbers of these off centred crown are similar, id be guessing they have all come off the one machine in the one place.

I sometimes think that Seiko try and get away with sending this stuff out instead of doing the right thing and scrapping the problem part, in this case the case.
    They rely on people not sending them back or not even noticing because theres millions of regular joes out there, not on forums who dont know any better and who dont really care.

Ive no problems with the odd misaligned chapter ring or speck of dust in sub $500 watches but crowns not being centred is poor form and would bug the hell out of me, its not good enough from seiko on this particular model.

^This.

If I can get a Sharky 6105 homage made by a hobbyist in China with sapphire crystal, NH35 hacking movement and everything tight and centered for 150$, there is no reason that Seiko can't do the same on a 500$ watch.

Hopefully they sort it out and next batches will be spot on because they are really nice watches.

S.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X en utilisant Tapatalk
    Cobia and Psicodom like this.
    Check out the WUS F72 forum project watch for 2017!!

Quote Originally Posted by fisker View Post
    My Pepsi crown is spot on dead center, so it appears not all of them are off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you please add a pic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Fortis - Oris - Seiko

VHD

Quote Originally Posted by 74notserpp View Post
    The last pic looking side on at the crown, there is not much in it imo.
    The only way it could get worse is if the crown rubbed against the guard. If I was you I'd get it exchanged without hesitation.

^This.

Do not accept a BNIB flawed watch like this unless it comes with a serious discount.

If you ever decide to resell it for some reason, be prepared to take a huge hit on the resale value.

Let Seiko deal with it and get you a nice straight watch from the start.

S.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X en utilisant Tapatalk
    Cobia and Psicodom like this.

VHD

Quote Originally Posted by 74notserpp View Post
    I have an alternative theory, based on this picture. If the crown was offset that would mean that the movement would also have to be offset by couple degrees, meaning the date couldn't be aligned with the bottom of the window like it is in this picture. Or the whole dial/movement combo would have to be offset by the same amount but then the difference would be clearly visible if we were to draw a straight line from the crown through bezel, chapter ring and date window.

So if it's not the hole in the case that's messed up that would leave the crown guards to be uneven, meaning the case has been cast unevenly...
    Last edited by VHD; June 29th, 2017 at 21:14. Reason: formatting

Are the crown guards the same size? Possibly an alignment error when the guards were being machined? Unacceptable QC.

Quote Originally Posted by VHD View Post
    I have an alternative theory, based on this picture. If the crown was offset that would mean that the movement would also have to be offset by couple degrees, meaning the date couldn't be aligned with the bottom of the window like it is in this picture. Or the whole dial/movement combo would have to be offset by the same amount but then the difference would be clearly visible if we were to draw a straight line from the crown through bezel, chapter ring and date window.

So if it's not the hole in the case that's messed up that would leave the crown guards to be uneven, meaning the case has been cast unevenly...
    Good point! I think the crown guards are messed up. And this is not a dirty cheap watch!
    Psicodom likes this.

Hi,

For those interested in getting a Pepsi one...

I just sent an email to Marc (LongIslandWatches owner) and asked him to check an SRPB053 in his stock to check if the crown is off-center or okay. I told him that I wanted to get one but if the crown is not centered, I would have to send it back.

He replied promptly by telling me that the random box he opened to check, the Samurai inside had an off-centered crown.....

Looks like I'll wait it out a bit, but what is worse is that all the returned watches with bad crowns will be back in stock at some places. I will ask for a picture before buying for sure or ask the seller.

Hope it helps,

S.
    PKC, Spirit of the Watch and VHD like this.

VHD

Those who are authorised sellers presumably send the faulty stock back to Seiko... who presumably might say it's within their tolerance. I'm going to watch the situation develop over the coming months but for the moment I'm out.

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information