The new Samurai thread - Page 16
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: The new Samurai thread

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    PKC

Re: The new Samurai thread

I'm very curious to know what went wrong on the production. I will eventually get a SRPB49 but I guess that's gonna be a long wait until all the bad batch will not be out there anymore.
    ZASKAR36 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PKC View Post
    I'm very curious to know what went wrong on the production. I will eventually get a SRPB49 but I guess that's gonna be a long wait until all the bad batch will not be out there anymore.
    Same here. I'm in wait mode. I was happy to see they hit Amazon and dissapointed to see even the product shots they are using show the off center crown issue. That's just terrible. You know that issue is way too common if there own Marketing and sales people didn't notice the issue when they created the product shots for online retail use.

My gen 1 white Sammy will hold me over til Seiko fixes the QA issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ZASKAR36; July 9th, 2017 at 06:15.
    jarod99 likes this.

Anyone know what the going prices are for these? Are they LE? Also what do you mean by reissue? Was there a vintage/older variation of this in the past? I'm not too new to Seiko, but I guess I am still lacking information in many aspects. So I never even knew the Samurai line existed lol

Quote Originally Posted by NegNoodles View Post
    Anyone know what the going prices are for these? Are they LE? Also what do you mean by reissue? Was there a vintage/older variation of this in the past? I'm not too new to Seiko, but I guess I am still lacking information in many aspects. So I never even knew the Samurai line existed lol
    Hi,

Only the Blue Lagoon version are a LE. The others are standard Seiko Prospex divers.

So far, only a handful of retailers sold them and they are all mostly Seiko AD's. From the bunch, Long Island Watches has them for about 375-400$ depending on the version.

Wait a bit, they will fix the crooked crowns and the price will drop.

If you want to but one now, ask for a real picture of the watch you are going to get and not a "stock" photo. So far, only LIW agreed to my request and he could not find one with a straight drilled crown after opening a few random boxes so I had to pass for now. 400$ is a lot of cash a flawed product.

S.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X en utilisant Tapatalk
    Check out the WUS F72 forum project watch for 2017!!

Unfortunately, I did not know about the off centered crown when I ordered, was more concerned about the chapter ring and specifically asked that they ship one that was correctly aligned. I ordered from LIW and expect it to arrive tomorrow. I am not going to keep it unless it's right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AFG08 View Post
    Unfortunately, I did not know about the off centered crown when I ordered, was more concerned about the chapter ring and specifically asked that they ship one that was correctly aligned. I ordered from LIW and expect it to arrive tomorrow. I am not going to keep it unless it's right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi,

I asked Marc himself about these issues and if he will return the faulty watches to Seiko and get new ones.

His answer was that "Seiko couldn't care less about these issues and they don't consider it a defect since the watch is functioning normally".

These should not have left Seiko factory, end of story. Greatly cheapens the brand image IMO.

S.

Personally not surprised at the QC issues, or Seiko not wanting to deal with them, from the SKX, Sumo to the Turtle all have problems. Wait until the SPB051/53 come out, I'll bet they'll have QC issues also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DTDiver and smille76 like this.

Thanks for the reply

Wait...crooked crowns? What do you mean? Also are they available in Canada? Like in-store ones.\
    I'm from Toronto btw, and we have a great deal of Seiko ADs here but they only specialize in NA ones and only one (I believe) carries JDM and he has to order everything ahead of time.

The new Samurai thread

Picked up a gently pre-owned Shogun instead, but might be tempted back to the Samurai if the QC horror stories abate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dinexus; July 10th, 2017 at 04:56.

Quote Originally Posted by NegNoodles View Post
    Thanks for the reply

Wait...crooked crowns? What do you mean? Also are they available in Canada? Like in-store ones.\
    I'm from Toronto btw, and we have a great deal of Seiko ADs here but they only specialize in NA ones and only one (I believe) carries JDM and he has to order everything ahead of time.
    Hi,

You will probably eventually find them in your local Seiko AD at one point; these are not JDM releases.

I asked Higuchi back in April if he can get one and he told me that these were not sold in Japan, only worldwide release.

S.

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information