The new Samurai thread - Page 35
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: The new Samurai thread

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Re: The new Samurai thread

Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    Interestingly, I share the same feeling. When I first saw the stock pix in the Internet, I said it was just another over-confidence of Seiko of their monster hands..but eventually when I got mine, I say I'll keep the monster hand at least for a while.

Attachment 12538075
    I think a little of that has to do with the slight tweak of the hour markers. The gen 1 sammies had stick hour markers that went well with the non monster handset.

I'm with you too though. I still have my gen 1 silver SS Sammy, but the new Sammy with monster hands has grown on me. I really want a black dial to go with my silver dial.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ZASKAR36; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:14.
    the_watchier likes this.

I really like the dial indices on both the steel and titanium original Samurais. I definitely think they look better than the new one, but I do think the monster hands match the new indices better than the old hands (both types) would.

Just got some straps in from Blushark. Looks awfully good on the Alpha Bond NATO.

Ok so new generation of watches, I remember before you can damage your watch if you adjust time moving counter clockwise. Is this still the case now?

I donít think it says anything about adjusting the time in the manual unless I missed it but definitely says that shouldnít adjust the date between 10pm - 4am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by willykatie View Post
    I don’t think it says anything about adjusting the time in the manual unless I missed it but definitely says that shouldn’t adjust the date between 10pm - 4am

it just mentions that you should always advance the hands toward the time you set to, not wind them back to it. E.g if you’re at 2 pm and want to set it to 1 pm, wind the hands back to just before 1 then wind them forward to 1, don’t just wind them straight back to 1 then set. On quartz it is the opposite; it’s advised to wind the hands back to the time.
    Last edited by clyde_frog; 1 Week Ago at 14:59.
    willykatie likes this.

I donít think I ever adjust the time backward but then again only the end of this month the clock going backward so I need to remember to do that

I just ordered the B51. My first Seiko Diver. The rest are Swiss. I have a SARB035 and a SARX045.

As for the movement, Iím not bummed that the Sami comes with the 4 series.

The Cocktail comes with the Spron 10 mainspring only and the SARX comes with Spron mainspring and hairspring, but in truth I use them only for special occasions so I must set them every time.

That makes the 4 series just fine as I rotate a lot.

Perhaps if I wore watches continuously it would matter but usually I wear a new watch for about a month straight. At least divers. Breaking them in is important. Iíve had an NTH Amphion on the wrist for about a month and itís time to switch out. Wearing it almost 24/7, the Miyota has kept COSC time. The next watch I have to break in is a Pepsi Steinhart GMT with the ETA 2893-2. I have no worries it will keep great time and I donít worry about the Sami either.

I paid $308US shipped to my door. I think thatís mighty reasonable seeing that the watch is just stunning. I must make room in the box but I have quite a few others that need to go as they just see no wrist time.

Wow the Samurai is growing on me now. Might sell my BFK and get the black version, does anyone know if the misaligned crown is fixed or was it just a batch in the initial launch?

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread Information