The new Samurai thread - Page 38
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: The new Samurai thread

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Re: The new Samurai thread

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne InHand View Post
    I guess I just had my expectations very high. I really like the design of the Sami.

When adding another watch I do want it to be close to perfect.

In theory itís really easy to kick back a watch fir reassembly if itís off, but in reality the QC inspector probably knows the person responsible and doesnít want to write up the paperwork as it could jeopardize their job.

Iíve travelled the 3rd world. I spent over 6 weeks in Nica last Winter. I wouldnít want to put somebody I was good friends with in that hot seat especially knowing they have mouthed to feed. Itís a brutal world and I agree these are serious 1st world problems.
    Still I really was so excited for this watch to be perfect.

I guess I had really good experiences with the SARB035 and SARX045.

When traveling I wear a quartz PVD diver on Zulu. I bought it through eBay. I can return it.

If I wasnít stretched for time with aging eyes and my hands not so steady, I would take it apart and try to fix the error, but in all likelihood I would make it worse.

The question now is do I try to have them replace it? Itís kind of like sending food back to the kitchen. You just are going to end up with something worse in all likelihood.

I guess Iíll see what the Turtle shows tomorrow.

I didnít need it, but really wanted it. No harm, no foul in sending it back and just being happy with the nearly perfect watches I have and rarely wear.

Had it been perfect, I would have likely flipped some Squale or Helson. I do like those watches too. I guess I had hoped I could travel with a stainless yet itís not to practical when I stay at hostels and guesthouses most of the time, when traveling solo.

So much gear gets nicked anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No mention of the possibility of having it fixed under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Time Seller View Post
    No mention of the possibility of having it fixed under warranty?
    From my many watch tear downs and rebuilds, this is so time consuming, even for full fledge watchmakers.

I guess thatís an option. Iíll have to see what ďTimeless,Ē has to say on this. I guess if I want it perfect, then waiting shouldnít be an issue, and it really isnít. I just donít want it going in for service and not seeing it for 6+ months only to get it back with greater issues. That would be truly heartbreaking.

I might just have to return it, and scour local ADs in Western NY, not that I would even know where to look, but Iím sure with the research I could find one. I do hate paying $500 for a watch with hardlex, but another option would be to send it in to get an AR sapphire. The service would include straightening everything out, unless the basics have been compromised with movement misalignment, and perhaps the crown tube being toast.

From my naked eye, the crown tube, would be the likely culprit over the movement anti-shock ring. It really could be a lot of things causing said misalignment and the best option would be trying this on, in person, and knowing that I can regulate the movement for accuracy, when it comes with a properly aligned crown tube, an intact crown and movement holder.

I just donít want to pull the case back while any watch is still under warranty. That just wouldnít make sense, but in my mind, accepting a misaligned watch, from a dealer, doesnít make sense either.

I guess buying from in the age of the internet, has its drawbacks, but it also has a huge number of perks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From my many watch tear downs and rebuilds, this is so time consuming, even for full fledge watchmakers.

I guess thatís an option. Iíll have to see what ďTimeless,Ē has to say on this. I guess if I want it perfect, then waiting shouldnít be an issue, and it really isnít. I just donít want it going in for service and not seeing it for 6+ months only to get it back with greater issues. That would be truly heartbreaking.

I might just have to return it, and scour local ADs in Western NY, not that I would even know where to look, but Iím sure with the research I could find one. I do hate paying $500 for a watch with hardlex, but another option would be to send it in to get an AR sapphire. The service would include straightening everything out, unless the basics have been compromised with movement misalignment, and perhaps the crown tube being toast.

From my naked eye, the crown tube, would be the likely culprit over the movement anti-shock ring. It really could be a lot of things causing said misalignment and the best option would be trying this on, in person, and knowing that I can regulate the movement for accuracy, when it comes with a properly aligned crown tube, an intact crown and movement holder.

I just donít want to pull the case back while any watch is still under warranty. That just wouldnít make sense, but in my mind, accepting a misaligned watch, from a dealer, doesnít make sense either.

I guess buying from in the age of the internet, has its drawbacks, but it also has a huge number of perks.

Send the watch back and go buy another brand.

You've got a lot of words, expectations, hopes, and anxiety built up in a .............watch. This is for a watch brand that even stalwart fanboys like me will tell you is only going to lead you to dissapointment. Its better for you and the rest of us for you to find a watch that you will be happy with. If you cant send it back now, then sell it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

For the Samurai 2017, how long does it turn off when not using it? When I leave mine for 12hrs it shuts down.

Forget about the dealer. You need to contact the appropriate Seiko service center and tell them about the problem. With a valid stamped and filled-out guarantee card and bill of sale there should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    If you cant send it back now then sell it.
    A watch with obvious defects? What kind of sense does that make? Why throw away money?

I would return it if youíre not happy with it rather than flip it later on at a loss.

My turtle Padi alignment was really bad and so noticeable as I posted on the Ďmisalignedí thread but to my naked eye my Samurai pretty bang on.

Iím just waiting for an aftermarket bezel as I would love a ceramic bezel on it but saying that I fell in love with Squale 1521 in blue and I might sell this to fund it.

In the meantime, I am enjoying wearing my Samurai even though I was thinking this morning I probably going to put on my Aquis today

the_watchier likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Seller View Post

A watch with obvious defects? What kind of sense does that make? Why throw away money?

Or just keep it and be unhappy with it forever where it stays in a drawer unworn for years because of the personal distaste?

But the OP's alignment issue wasnt that bad and in line with several seikos i have personally owened and sold with zero issues. Minor alignment issues and Seiko is not a secret...

https://www.google.com/search?q=seik...obile&ie=UTF-8

Dont get me wrong....i like when qc is done well. My sammy is almost 99% perfect with some of the best crown action i have ever had on a seiko. I had been considering selling it to fund another Seiko. But the idea of giving up what i can verify is great QC for luck of the draw from seiko is not appealing.

Either way life is too precious to waste it with angst over a watch.

Tanker G1 and willykatie like this.

Or I can sell my Ďperfectí Samurai to you .

To me if only really small thing that can only be seen under microscope I usually donít bother but my Turtle Padi was totally misaligned so obvious but Iím glad that my Samurai really good actually. I was expecting misaligned crown tbh

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    Either way life is too precious to waste it with angst over a watch.
    I can agree with that!

Quote Originally Posted by willykatie View Post
    Or I can sell my Ďperfectí Samurai to you .

No nothing like that at all. But 30% of the post on this forum about turtles or samurais are related to alignment issues....... especially on new purchases..... so when you sell a watch on this forum you're really selling to a very informed audience. Clear pictures and close-ups do away with a lot of questions and concerns.

I did have an srp641 that was badly aligned and I ended up sending that one back to the vendor for a full refund. Buying from an overseas dealer would have made that process much more difficult though. But typically I will pay 5% or so more to purchase from a USA vendor with a reasonable return policy instead of saving a few bucks grey market overseas just for that very reason that I might get version but can't live with it.

Have a great Wednesday everybody

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread Information