The new Samurai thread - Page 39
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: The new Samurai thread

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Re: The new Samurai thread

Quote Originally Posted by 10PieceChicken View Post
    Dam, I got the same thing too.

Dear 10PieceChicken

Thank you for your purchase of Seiko Analog Sport Watch Prospex Blue Lagoon Silver Mens SRPB09J1.

We have 1-3 working days to process the order and to check it for any defects before we send it out. As per our logistics team, they put your shipment on hold due to the Minute hand fell off and was not fit for delivery to you.

PLEASE DO NOT WORRY, REST ASSURED, WE WILL RESOLVE THIS MATTER FOR YOU.

We check all our watches before shipment to prevent any unhappiness and inconvenience to the buyer.

We have tried our best to find a replacement from our supplier, but unfortunately our supplier run out of stock, we even went to get from retail shop even if it cost more, but we're not very lucky.

We have few models below that you might be interested for replacement:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Analog-Sport-Watch-Prospex-Blue-Lagoon-Silver-Mens-SRPB11J1-/112581485156
    US $377.10
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Analog-Casual-Watch-5-SPORTS-Blue-Mens-SNZG11J1-/112527767999
    US $395.40
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Analog-Casual-Watch-Velatura-Kinetic-Perpetual-Blue-Mens-SNP120P1-/112527781070
    US $473.20

OR do you have other watch model in mind we can help you check on itís availability.

Please let us know.

BUT if you prefer a refund, we can also work on that.

Please let us know of your preference, so we can resolve this promptly.

We deeply apologize.

Sincerely,
    Alvin

Yup, too good to be true. Someones not gonna get any positive feedback for the dishonesty. Caught red handed!
    Who is the ebay seller ?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    No nothing like that at all. But 30% of the post on this forum about turtles or samurais are related to alignment issues....... especially on new purchases..... so when you sell a watch on this forum you're really selling to a very informed audience. Clear pictures and close-ups do away with a lot of questions and concerns.

I did have an srp641 that was badly aligned and I ended up sending that one back to the vendor for a full refund. Buying from an overseas dealer would have made that process much more difficult though. But typically I will pay 5% or so more to purchase from a USA vendor with a reasonable return policy instead of saving a few bucks grey market overseas just for that very reason that I might get version but can't live with it.

Have a great Wednesday everybody

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    That was a joke .

I see you have the blue Samurai, howís the blue bezel in real life as Iím thinking about swapping my bezel with blue bezel. Do you have other pictures of it mate?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    valuewatchguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by willykatie View Post
    That was a joke .

I see you have the blue Samurai, howís the blue bezel in real life as Iím thinking about swapping my bezel with blue bezel. Do you have other pictures of it mate?

Thanks

Posted this one a while back but it's a good indicator of the colors. This is the SRPB49

This is the typical blue that Seiko uses on many of their divers like the skx009 or the Seiko BLUMO. Meaning in a well-lit condition it does look like my picture would indicate but in other conditions it's hard to tell the difference between a blue and a black dial. That's not a problem with a bezel though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by valuewatchguy; 5 Days Ago at 16:46.
    ThomasH and willykatie like this.

Thanks for the picture mate. The blue bezel does look good

Seller easily is taking the watch back and apologized. Stating these come from the factory and there is an oddball issue. He offered full refund or exchange. I do love the watch. I found a couple retailers that carry the Stainless Black/White. Iíll search there or wait for a WUS Sami to go on sale.

It was a crazy day. I have much more to worry about than a watch misaligned. This much is true. 90%+ of life is beautiful. We just need to recognize that.

Sorry if I acted the drama queen as Iíve been actually burnt on much worse over the years.

Iíll keep hunting.

valuewatchguy likes this.

Update. DHL just delivered a perfectly made Turtle from Creation watches.

Yes Iím doing my happy dance.

It always thrills me to get a perfect new watch. Maybe it is my dopamine release. I do like wine, a good coffee and cigar but automatic watches have been tugging at my heart for 35+ years.

I worked for a Summer, as a jewelers apprentice/polisher. I spent most free time talking with the watchmakers and learning to love automatic watches. It was the Summer of 1984 and automatics werenít the every day thing. We moved across the country that Fall. But the love had set in. It always will be there as ridiculous as it sounds.

ThomasH and willykatie like this.

The specific seller's user name is america-first. I believe they also have another account named america-timesquare.
    Champagne InHand likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia View Post
    Who is the ebay seller ?

cheers
    The specific seller's user name is america-first. I believe they also have another account named america-timesquare.

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    This is the typical blue that Seiko uses on many of their divers like the skx009 or the Seiko BLUMO. Meaning in a well-lit condition it does look like my picture would indicate but in other conditions it's hard to tell the difference between a blue and a black dial.
    That's true for the SKX009 but not for the blue Sumo.

***EDIT*** I take back what I said. I just got fooled myself and thought some shots of a blue Sumo were of a black one.
    I meant to say that the shades of blue for the SKX and the Blumo are very different.
    Last edited by Time Seller; 3 Days Ago at 18:53.

Did Seiko's IG just hint at a new Orange Samurai?

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread Information