The new Samurai thread - Page 8
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: The new Samurai thread

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Re: The new Samurai thread

Have the black incoming from LIW. Like most here, I'm hoping it will wear on the smaller side of 43.8. I have a 6.75" wrist so for a long time I didn't consider watches of this size. I have tried a Turtle and a Sumo and they were both bearable. The lug to lug height is really the key. 48mm should JUST make it on my wrist anyway. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VHD

Quote Originally Posted by ffnc1020 View Post
    I have the BL Samurai, I can assure you it's even.
    Congratulations, you've won the Seiko lottery. Now if you have a minute or two do some googling or better yet check out the longislandwatch video posted earlier, all three on there have uneven crowns. I even checked pictures of BL edition and some are even like the one posted earlier in the thread and yours, some aren't like the other one posted earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by VHD View Post
    Congratulations, you've won the Seiko lottery. Now if you have a minute or two do some googling or better yet check out the longislandwatch video posted earlier, all three on there have uneven crowns. I even checked pictures of BL edition and some are even like the one posted earlier in the thread and yours, some aren't like the other one posted earlier in the thread.
    For better or worse, I think it's a design decision. Whenever I've encountered Seiko QC issues, it's never this apparent. Also, you can't find a pic anywhere that shows it dead center of the crown. I could see it bothering plenty of people, but I'll have to wear mine to see if it's a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VHD

This one looks fine. Could be angle but I don't think so. Seiko have been really disappointing recently. It looks like the only way to get a quality Seiko is to get a Grand Seiko whereas in the past mid-range pieces were pretty good qc wise too.

I'm going for the Pepsi myself. Need at least classic Pepsi in every collection. Got it at 20% off pre-order. Coming soon, so they say.

Seems to me that you are reading too much from videos and pictures, and taking the excuse of "too many faulty ones for me to consider buying". The one I have is 100% fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ffnc1020 likes this.

I noticed something that might have killed it for me...

Can someone explain why they'd do that, other than sloppy design. Seiko is getting lazier and lazier these days.
    It's the angle in which the pictures are taken. I've handled the blue lagoon Samurai, the crowns are in perfect alignment with the crown guards.

VHD

Quote Originally Posted by El @ View Post
    Seems to me that you are reading too much from videos and pictures, and taking the excuse of "too many faulty ones for me to consider buying". The one I have is 100% fine.
    That puts my mind at ease then.

PS can you post a pic of your watch from the front and from the crown side to make me even more relaxed please? Both as straight as you can of course.
    aguila9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flame2000 View Post
    It's the angle in which the pictures are taken.
    Actually Seiko uses CAD renderings, not pictures, for 99% of their marketing material.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkybrain View Post
    Where's the titanium version! That's what it will take to put me over the edge.

Regarding the beat rate, I have a strong personal preference for slow-beat movements, from both an aesthetic and engineering standpoint. However, it would still be nice to see the 6r15 in more watches.

i know the samurai has some more "sharp angles" and more of a flat side to the case but wouldnt this put it into the shogun zone if it was titanium?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information