New SBBN015 Tuna Can and SBDX001 Auto Darth Tuna - Page 5

Thread: New SBBN015 Tuna Can and SBDX001 Auto Darth Tuna

-->
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Re: New SBBN015 Tuna Can and SBDX001 Auto Darth Tuna

I don't like the Marinemaster script too on both; it makes both watch faces look too busy.

As for the price increase, I think what Seiko's charging for both watches is long overdue. Tag, Rolex, Omega, Panerai, and Piaget are a small handful of watch companies to name a few which charge even more for their watches. Does that mean their watches are built better than Seiko's higher end dive watches?

And even if there's some other swiss-made watches which are built better than Seiko's 300m, 600m and 1000m watches, how much are they charging compared to Seiko?

If I have the money, I will definitely buy the Seiko 1000m auto. Until then, I have my 300m SBBN007 to keep me company.

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by raggyboy View Post
    Here is the new TUNA guys! A replacement for SBBN007? What do you think. For the price? Seems like they double the MSRP of SBBN007. Close to Darth Price though. But I like it

MSRP : 126.000JPY

credit:chino

Thanks for posting Wonder if it is the same size?

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by cadguy View Post
    I don't like the Marinemaster script too on both; it makes both watch faces look too busy.

As for the price increase, I think what Seiko's charging for both watches is long overdue. Tag, Rolex, Omega, Panerai, and Piaget are a small handful of watch companies to name a few which charge even more for their watches. Does that mean their watches are built better than Seiko's higher end dive watches?

And even if there's some other swiss-made watches which are built better than Seiko's 300m, 600m and 1000m watches, how much are they charging compared to Seiko?

If I have the money, I will definitely buy the Seiko 1000m auto. Until then, I have my 300m SBBN007 to keep me company.
    count me in too, although, i just noticed that the 1000m new darth lost the day window ? what a pity... why change what worked so well visually...

SEIKO & CITIZEN Moderator raggyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monster-latecomer View Post
    count me in too, although, i just noticed that the 1000m new darth lost the day window ? what a pity... why change what worked so well visually...
    It is because the watch uses 8L35 movement(Not yet confirmed but I'm pretty sure it uses 8L35). Which is why MM300 also does not have a date window.

Re: *SBBN015* Yepp New TUNA that's right! End of April

Quote Originally Posted by monster-latecomer View Post
    totally agree, what is so wrong about seiko taking on the "swiss crowd" ?
    thanks
    stefan
    As others have said, the issue is not about taking on the swiss. Their products already more than did that. The thing now is that their prices have risen dramatically, but their "new" products are hardly different or improvements over the ones they replace. in other words, most folks are seeing this as nothing more than a price hike, which I tend to agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus View Post
    As others have said, the issue is not about taking on the swiss. Their products already more than did that. The thing now is that their prices have risen dramatically, but their "new" products are hardly different or improvements over the ones they replace. in other words, most folks are seeing this as nothing more than a price hike, which I tend to agree with.
    I assume this comment only applies to the quartz Tuna, since the automatic Tuna is new, as are the divers with the 6R15 movements (significantly more expensive/nicer movement).

Some will be willing to pay a premium for the better movement, some won't. Those that won't can keep buying the 007s and Monsters until they are all gone, but the popularity of the Sumo indicates that the upgrade has been worth it for many.

And any way you slice it, you can't get that kind of quality from the Swiss, even at the new prices. Give me some examples of watches you think compete at better prices.

DJK

SEIKO & CITIZEN Moderator raggyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Thanks for posting Wonder if it is the same size?

Phil
    I think it is all the same with SBBN007 except for the bezel insert, slight changes on the dial and the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by expwmbat View Post
    I assume this comment only applies to the quartz Tuna, since the automatic Tuna is new, as are the divers with the 6R15 movements (significantly more expensive/nicer movement).

Some will be willing to pay a premium for the better movement, some won't.
    "Better" is relative. For many practical purpses, the 7C46 is far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by expwmbat View Post

Some will be willing to pay a premium for the better movement, some won't. Those that won't can keep buying the 007s and Monsters until they are all gone, but the popularity of the Sumo indicates that the upgrade has been worth it for many.

And any way you slice it, you can't get that kind of quality from the Swiss, even at the new prices. Give me some examples of watches you think compete at better prices.

DJK
    I thought the 6r15 was a modified 7s26 movement?

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by raggyboy View Post
    I think it is all the same with SBBN007 except for the bezel insert, slight changes on the dial and the bracelet.
    I really like it but can't understand the price

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information