WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

A new Seiko 3rd gen Monster is arrived. SZSC003 blu dial. Fantastic.

128K views 276 replies 95 participants last post by  mi6_ 
#1 ·
For those who lost this great news, here it is.
The Seiko Monster SZSC003, the new 3rd gen monster with blu dial, cyclope and caliber 6R15.

Love it.

See less See more
#5 ·
I thought I would hate the cyclops but it really helps differentiate it from the other Monsters and divers in my collection and I grew accustomed to it within two days. I wish the blue was more vibrant. It looks black in most indoor lighting and I seem to need ten attempts before I can capture the blue correctly in photographs. I agree that the price is ridiculous but it is my one proper monster and I did not want to compromise and get something I did not absolutely want. The SBDC025 would be far more redundant with my SRP637 Baby Tuna/Shrouded Monster even if it could be purchased new for ~$200 USD less. Also, it is supposedly a limited edition model according to every seller but I have yet to see any confirmation of this as it is unnumbered. It could be limited simply as a JDM or Asia market model. Reposting an old picture:

#29 ·
Also, it is supposedly a limited edition model according to every seller but I have yet to see any confirmation of this as it is unnumbered. It could be limited simply as a JDM or Asia market model. Reposting an old picture:

The strange thing is that monsters have always the same reference "in classic version".
1gen used the SKXxxx series,
2gen used the SRPxxx series,
3rd gen used the SBDCxxx series.

This one uses the SNCZxxx series so it could be a limited edition.

#14 ·
Love the watch. $650+ on ebay.....ouch
It is at the lowest I've seen it right now for $610 USD, shipped. I do not know how much further, if at all, it will dip. Again, its rarity/scarcity is speculative.

I just look at Gen 3 Monsters as comparable to the Sumo in price and spec and this particular one is just slightly more special, hence the added premium.

#21 ·
650 though? Youch.
Yeah, the Gen 3 monsters are nice but all the criticisms of the specs for the price are completely deserved. I was hoping for more limited edition dial colors but so far blue is the only one. Also the "regular" black and orange dial models seem to be going up in price due to scarcity but like the lower-end divers, supply might just depend on seasonal production runs and more might hit the market again soon (or not).

I actually saw a Gen 3 Black Monster listed at below $400 USD two nights ago and almost pulled the trigger but it is far too redundant with my SRP637.

#27 ·
That it is. One can get two Gen 2 Monsters for the price and really, the blue is not as vibrant and noticeable as most of the photos. Again, I have to get it in just the right lighting indoors for it to show up in photographs. It's beautiful in natural light but the lume aggressively competes for attention when charged up (even outside!). I am hoping the dial fades just slightly over time. It is still easily my favorite 6R15 diver and favorite Monster, though, and I would recommend the SBDC025 if it drops below $400.

#35 ·
No 68 checking in.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

I've actaully had this for a week but just got around to posting a pic. Not 100% if I'll keep it though. The 1st gen Orange Monster is what got me into the hobby. That sold long long ago so this one feels a bit like coming back to an old friend. But tastes have changed so much and I have more watches now than when I started.....do I really need another watch? Besides is this a beater, a collectors item, a novelty? We will see what hapopens.

I do agree with everyone that said it is very hard to take a picture of the blue dial. Being a matte blue it doesn't reflect light the way that sunburst dials do.

#41 ·
Just in case anyone is still looking for this watch, if you have a forwarding account with Tenso or FJ than you can get the SZSC003 for about $100 USD less on amazon.jp

FJ was running a promo yesterday with 10% off Rakuten items and I picked one up for $405 USD.
-Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.