WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

A new Seiko 3rd gen Monster is arrived. SZSC003 blu dial. Fantastic.

128K views 276 replies 95 participants last post by  mi6_ 
#1 ·
For those who lost this great news, here it is.
The Seiko Monster SZSC003, the new 3rd gen monster with blu dial, cyclope and caliber 6R15.

Love it.

See less See more
#59 ·
Some 11 years ago I purchased an Orange Monster from my local Seiko store (no longer in business). I was unimpressed with its timekeeping at +45s/d and returned it. Of all the watches I've owned, that is possibly the one I miss the most. Budget permitting, I would very much like a Gen 3.

#68 ·
No. 81 checking in.

The Monster is what peaked my interested into collecting watches. Started with a Quartz Monster, than 1st gen OM, then 1st gen BM, then....well you get the picture.
After owning Monsters, Sumos, a Shogun, and numerous Tunas, the Monster is the one I keep coming back to. So versatile, so useful.
This and my MM300 will be the only modern SEIKOS I will have in my rotation once I sell my SBBN037.

No regrets in getting the SZSC003. Especially after the rumors of the Monsters "maybe" being discontinued, this could be your last chance to get a LE Monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#75 ·
It might be a limited production run but not necessarily LE model

Havent all the 3rd gen monsters had much less availability and sales than gen 1 and 2? I dont even think they have quit making gen 2 in favor of gen 3.

Either way fantastic looking watch. I may regret selling mine one day.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

#81 ·
Congrats. Mine took over a week from Rakuten Japan but I think the seller didn't actually have it in stock and had to source it before shipping.

Maybe be the only way to know how limited it is would be to see if anyone has number 691000 or above.
Absolutely! Great idea LZ!

Everyone that has one of these SZSC003's - please check your serial # and post it here. This is in an attempt to see if we can figure out how limited these are....if at all.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#80 ·
Interestingly, the Gen 3 Black (SBDC025) and Orange (SBDC023) Monsters both had a retail price of 64800 JPY while this supposed limited edition is only 60000 JPY. Maybe this is an indication something to do with its rarity, maybe not.

Of course, the SZSC003 was released 2 years after the others so the strength of the Japanese Yen could have affected it. The JPY was around the same strength at the time of both releases but it was trending down after a huge surge in the two years in-between. This would be counter-intuitive to expectations of the watch's price, I think. Also, non-recurring costs were probably already spent and paid for by the first releases and previous generations and the savings more than offset possibly rising material and labor costs.

This post has no concluding thesis but I just thought I'd think out loud (but not literally) for a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.