WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

A new Seiko 3rd gen Monster is arrived. SZSC003 blu dial. Fantastic.

128K views 276 replies 95 participants last post by  mi6_ 
#1 ·
For those who lost this great news, here it is.
The Seiko Monster SZSC003, the new 3rd gen monster with blu dial, cyclope and caliber 6R15.

Love it.

See less See more
#220 ·
I have a brand new, never worn, SZSC003 blue gen 3 monster for sale. You can see it on e-bay under jcas3480. I am asking $499.00 with free shipping in CONUS. For any WUS member that would like to own this beauty, I'll sell direct to you, via PayPal, for $475.00 with free insured priority USPS (in CONUS). I have two dozen watches in my collection and this great watch will not get the wrist time it deserves. If interested, message me or contact me at 6099334055.

#222 ·
Hey guys,
I am still looking to buy one of these monsters, my problem is I can't stand any QC issues.
Buying from Japan is not ideal (I bought a watch from Japan before and had to send it back; big hassle) and Amazon.com is not an option for me, since I am in Canada.
So I am looking for a way to buy a SZSC003 where I am guaranteed of either no QC issues or the ability to send the watch back if I am not happy without extra cost (like Amazon would do). I know all the sellers on ebay at this point and they all just send you whatever they have (although, to be fair most of them accept a return for refund at the buyer's expense).
Any suggestions? Thank you

#224 ·
Thanks for replying. I did contact a bunch of sellers about that. Most of them say that because they sell a new item, they don't open the box before shipping it. And to be honest, I don't like the idea of buying a used monster (just because I think most people are not careful with them on the account that the watch can take abuse).

#225 ·
If the seller has the watch at hand, they can photograph it because the boxes are not sealed and sellers don't receive them in-box anyway. Some eBay listings show an actual photo of a new watch but unless you can match up a serial number, there's no way of knowing the pictured watch is the one you will receive. Have you emailed ShoppingInJapan.net? They have it New in stock at a good price and they might be accommodating and checking the QC for you.

#226 ·
Actually, I bough one from Shoppinginjapan.net and received a defective watch... They were great through the whole returning process and I received a refund 24 hours after they got the watch back, but now I have to go through the process of asking for my import duties back. Even if the seller is accommodating, returning something overseas is a hassle.
I was thinking about buying from Amazon.ca. There is a seller called Asian Qualities that's selling the watch for a decent price. They seem to have a good reputation. Besides, I contacted them and they told me I can return the watch for any reason if dissatisfied (and there is no fee to send the watch back, I think that's standard Amazon Market Place policy).
What do you guys think? Does that sound like a good plan?

#230 ·
I bought mine from shopping in Japan as well. Everything was fine with mine. I know Seiko has a QC issue with these watches, the customer seems to be the QC department for their watches <$1,000.
Always was curious to try a Seiko Monster.

I bought it on November 1st it arrived on November 10. Anyway, I have worn it a few times and I am still on the fence about it. I much prefer the SBDC053 I got a couple days later, that only costs $200 more but no bracelet.
The cyclops bugs me but it can be fixed later.

#231 · (Edited)
The alignment was good, but the bezel was horrible. I had never seen anything like it. When I turned it, it would wobble up and down a lot. Almost felt like it was not fully installed. It was also skipping clicks (that felling that Seiko bezels sometimes have where every other click is too subtle, like CLICK click CLICK click, times a hundred; it would skip clicks entirely). I took it to a Seiko authorized repair shop to make sure it was not something easily fixable, but they told me it was defective.
It was very unfortunate, because the watch otherwise was excellent. It was keeping time 3 seconds fast per day...

#232 ·
The alignment was good, but the bezel was horrible. I had never seen anything like it. When I turned it, it would wobble up and down a lot. Almost felt like it was not fully installed. It was also skipping clicks (that felling that Seiko bezels sometimes have where every other click is too subtle, like CLICK click CLICK click, times a hundred; it would skip clicks entirely). I took it to a Seiko authorized repair shop to make sure it was not something easily fixable, but they told me it was defective.
That sounds like one of the tabs on the bezel click spring is high while the other is low. It sounds like an easy fix with a prying tool and maybe pliers or vice grips to get the bezel on and off.

#241 ·
Well, I suppose this is going to have to join my collection. I have an orange first gen monster and a black second gen. In my opinion the best colors for both respectively. This upgraded model in blue looks excellent. The price is a bit steep, but I’ve come this far, so...

Reactions: Time Seller
#243 ·
Guys, I need a pro tip!
I have just received my new SZSC003 and tried to size the bracelet. I took all the "removable" links out and put the clasp in the smallest microadjustment hole but the bracelet is still large (my wrist is 5.9 inches in diameter...).
Now when I look at the bracelet I have one link with the arrow on the inner part on each side. If I were to take any more links I would have to take apart one of the links that doesn't have the arrow. I was assuming that if the link doesn't have the arrow it's not supposed to be removed. Is that true? Do you guys think I can go ahead and remove one more link? I don't want to mess up the bracelet, but the way it is now it's far from a good fit...

I appreciate the help.

#251 ·
For the last few weeks I was looking for a rugged summer watch that could handle the ocean and still look good in a casual setting. After hours of browsing, I thought I was set on a white faced diver, but still couldn't decide on a specific brand/model. The only one in my price range really standing out to me was the all white "Baby Monster" SNZF45K1. I wasn't crazy about the "shark tooth" look and I felt like I was settling for a less robust version of the real deal. However, I liked the color scheme and price, albeit nearly impossible to find for sale anywhere...then, I stumble upon this Gen 3 Monster.

So, thanks to this thread, Watchuseek gained a new member, I finally pulled the trigger on a Monster, my wallet got a bit lighter, and its possible I just got myself into yet another expensive hobby. o|

I became an instant a fan of Seiko when I was looking for a dress watch and bought the SARB065 "Cocktail Time". I really love that watch and I'm hoping this diver has a similar impression.

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.