WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

It is now summer, so post your (maximum 3) most comfortable summer watches !

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Spring-Diver 
#1 ·
Yes, summer only in the Northern Hemisphere ;-)
And you should feel free to describe why you 'feel' a specific watch as 'summer-comfortable' b-)

So my most comfy diver is my smallest - the 'Black Ninja' :-d

Even better and HEQ is my Exceed E510 titanium.

However the best is another titanium with similar size which I call my 'smooth beater' (it is a quartz moving similar to an automatic) - the advantage over the Exceed is the 'less deformable' (close to rigid) bracelet, which makes less contact with the skin and allows the wrist to 'breathe' :-!

See less See more
#4 ·
You guys are making me jealous - just heading into the thick of winter over here :-(.

My most comfy summer watch is definitely my Riseman:

It's extremely light, the strap is thinner and softer than on my other Gs, the holes are spaced just so as to perfectly fit my wrist, and it is suitably water resistant that I don't have to worry about swimming in it.

An honourable mention must go to my now departed Monster (when fitted with a khaki Nato):

Heavier than the riseman, but still reasonably light. The Nato let my wrist breathe, and being a Nato was always supremely comfy. I have heard stories that Natos get stinky in the heat, but this never happened. Another watch with great water resistance, I think regular swimming in chlorinated water must have cleaned and disinfected it. It always smelt fresh, and the strap has started to soften up nicely (it was not stolen).

The other great thing about an OM on Khaki in summer is the colour combination is vibrant, light, and fresh. Perfect for sipping icy cold ales al fresco wearing short sleeves and shorts |>.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.