Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here! - Page 13
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

Quote Originally Posted by lincruste View Post

SBCZ015 (JDM)
    I like that Prospex very much, enjoy ;)
    lincruste likes this.

Hi guys, How are you keeping your BFK charged? I recently bought a Braun Model 4728 as I've seen a few people saying they've had success with pole style chargers, I've already tried a few positions, 6-7 o clock tilted towards the back of the charger, watch placed flat right on the charger centered with the dial up, 9 o clock tilted towards the back of the charger, dial down, even with the charger upside down so the bottom of the watch is touching the bottom of the charger, I've left them in these different positions over night but I still haven't noticed it gaining any power at all, the watch doesn't get warm like other users stated also.

any suggestions? and yes I'll post some pics of my BFK. Any help will be greatly appreciated, since I just tried on a SUN019 recently and I want to try it out but only if I can keep it charged properly.

@PK73 Thank you ! I've found it boxed and brand new on Yahoo Auctions for about 25000 JPY (171€/208$US) and did not hesitate for a minute. It is now my main watch as I didn't want to put my H558-5000 at risk on a daily basis. But I will take good care of this one too !

Edit: lume is incredible
    Last edited by lincruste; December 24th, 2014 at 01:10.
    Sprint Veloce and Dec1968 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
    The "Pepsi"...

The 427P2 (on original rubber strap)...

Still on original rubber in a size comparison with my new 'Zilla...

And on a DaLuca ZULU...

In my growing watch stable (not as large as some WIS' collections) this is the only watch I have two models/versions of. It's solid and there's something just...right...about its overall shape.

I find it sort of funny that so many describe it as a big, chunky watch. It's one of my smaller watches and looks almost elegant on my Shrek wrists. I went with the ZULU because the stock rubber strap almost didn't fit around - there wasn't enough free strap past the buckle to fully engage the strap keeper.

Since I installed the ZULU, the new BFK has seen more wrist time then my newer Ecozilla - and I LOVE the 'Zilla - so that says a lot.
    Glad to see im not the only one that thinks its a small watch, i'd call it dainty.
    Dec1968 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chp5 View Post
    Here's mine - bead blasted by North East Watch Works.
    Attachment 2407385
    Attachment 2407401
    Hi mate, that looks really nice, better than the shiny finish.
    How much does it cost to get a watch bead blasted?
    I gather its not cheap, im not even sure anybody does it here in oz.

dome sapphire and hands, can't wait to get it back from Harold

Dec1968, Chp5, Smiler62 and 2 others like this.

This is mainly a repost but I hope it will help out some BFK guys in the same boat as me

SO after almost a week of messing around to my CHRISTMAS SURPRISE the Braun charger worked, I've tried so many different positions watch flat, on charger 6 o'clock towards the back of the charger, 9 o'clock towards the back, tilting, dial down towards charger pole like the Seiko OEM charger set up, even upside down, base of the charger to the base of the watch, I got nothing. I've even used a Palm pre touch stone QI charger and didn't get any results. HOWEVER and this is a big HOWEVER, there is no way that I can confirm if the previous methods actually gave the watch some charge or not since my watch has 20 sec power reserve when I tested all this it just never went to 30 sec till my final position that I can confirm works since it took it to fully charged. On all previous methods I've left the watch at least 8-12 hours in each position as I usually leave it over night but I just didn't see any gain in power. MAYBE the watch was being charged the whole time, I don't know, I don't know if its cuz the charge system is so inefficient. BUT on my final position that I got actual results out of, I left the watch 24 hours in this position and this morning I got full charge. notice the position of the crown and battery pusher button what ever its called. The watch is slightly offset so the "power pole" is closer to 7 o'clock than 5 o'clock.

Name:  BFK1.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  70.9 KB

Name:  BFK2.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  85.0 KB

It was a HUGE HASSLE I was so close to buying the Philips LED lights for the charger but I'm so glad this FINALLY WORKED, (just extremely slow, like you have to leave it in the same position for days to get any results so maybe my tests weren't effective because I was impatient.) So now maybe I will buy a SUN019, but then SEIKO QC is extremely bad lately. All 3 of my new Seikos that I bought all has dial, bezel, chapter ring alignment issues. =(

So I might give Kinetics another try, I've really felt for me it is a flawed technology, as I have a stable of watches that I rotate through and the BFK only gets worn maybe once a month. SO basically I never get full charge, and I was out Christmas shopping and I saw kinetics that weren't running in stores that made me cringe. I hate to say it buy I really hoped the new "kinetics" were solar, or eco drive, it's just much less maintenance. I just leave it out in my desk and I gets enough natural light and I never have to worry about it getting charged.
    Dec1968 and jringo8769 like this.

I think you will find less complaints from BFK owners. Am yet to come across threads containing QC complaints. However, I am always open to being proven wrong.
    Last edited by joey79; December 26th, 2014 at 07:19.

Quote Originally Posted by AVS_Racing View Post
    Hi guys, How are you keeping your BFK charged?...
    At the risk of sounding sarcastic, I just wear it once or twice a week.
    Bulova Quartz P4 Dive Watch
    Bulova Precisionist 98B168
    Casio G-Shock DW6900-1V
    Casio G-Shock GR-7900KG
    Casio Rangeman GW-9400
    Casio GX56-1A "King"
    Citizen Ti Diver's GN-4-S "Orca"
    Citizen Ti Aquamount Promaster JP 3020-56E
    Citizen Promaster Aqualand C023-089405 Y
    Citizen
    Eco-Drive Professional Diver BJ8050-08E "EcoZilla"
    Seiko Diver's 5H26-7A10AO
    Seiko Kinetic "Pepsi" SKA369
    Seiko Kinetic Black Ion-plated SKA427P2

Seiko Automatic Orange Land Monster SNM037

Mine arrived almost fully charged. After wearing it for 3 days its now fully charged.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information