Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here! - Page 4
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

Quote Originally Posted by Evanssprky View Post

Do these help at all? The plating isn't jet black, more of a charcoal but very dark.

Sent from Samsung s4 mini
    Lovely, thankyou mate, i just pulled the trigger on a black model with the black bracelet from dutyfreeisland, i only own watches with rubber straps, i thought id get one with a black bracelet so i could use it for more formal occasions as well as just hanging around in, i thought i could get the rubber later if i needed it.

Really not sure what im going to think of the black, but its different and looks very nice in the pictures.

Ive never changed the links on a bracelet before, ive got a 7'' wrist, does anybody know the size the bracelets come in and how hard is it to take out a link? Will i have to take it to a jewellers?

Ive also never had a kinetic before, so i might as well jump in and try one :)

cheers and thanks guys

Congrats on your choice, glad I could be a small help in you making it.
    Its always wise to buy the bracelet version of any watch (although I didn't in this case :-D) because its cheaper to change later.
    The bracelet is either pins, or pins and collars. Either way, its a simple job with loads of online tutorials on YouTube and suchlike. Invest in a pin pressing tool for about a fiver on ebay, and some good thin nosed pliers and you're good to go.
    Cobia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanssprky View Post
    Congrats on your choice, glad I could be a small help in you making it.
    Its always wise to buy the bracelet version of any watch (although I didn't in this case :-D) because its cheaper to change later.
    The bracelet is either pins, or pins and collars. Either way, its a simple job with loads of online tutorials on YouTube and suchlike. Invest in a pin pressing tool for about a fiver on ebay, and some good thin nosed pliers and you're good to go.
    Thanks for the advice Evan, i really appreciate it mate.

I just ordered the original 20mm Seiko rubber strap for this from Chronograph.com apparently its the same strap used on the sawtooth, i found the link in another thread here, its a nice looking strap, not cheap at around $35 but it will be great having both.

I think your right about buying the bracelet version, i thought it might be harder and more expensive to pick up this ion plated bracelet later, im a total bracelet virgin, so i couldnt tell a good one from a bad one, but it sure looked chunky and pretty nice for a bracelet, i heard somebody say it was an oyster bracelet although i have no idea what that is other than hearing people talk about them.

Thanks again for your pics and help, i appreciate it.

Cheers

No probs, I wouldn't call it an oyster but it is chunky and suoerb quality considering the price of the watch. It has the added bonus of straight endlinks so it will also fit any other watch with normal 20mm lugs.
    The rubber also is one if the nicer ones out there imho.

Sent from Samsung s4 mini
    GRAND SEIKO SBGM021 GMT
    SEIKO SARB017 ALPINIST
    CASIO QUARTZ DIVER
    SEIKO SRP779 PEPSI TURTLE
    OMEGA AQUA TERRA QUARTZ

I guess today is BFK Friday.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I received a pre-owned BFK yesterday. It seems to have been made in Feb 2008. So I am assuming it is an earlier one? I cannot find any conclusive info on when they started production of this awesome watch.

Anyway, it wasn't in the best of conditions when it arrived. I didn't pay all that much for it so I really wasn't too concerned. I could tell it had been apart, there was some condensation on the inside of the crystal as well as some lint or dust specks. The case and bracelet were dirty and showed quite a few scratches, the crystal even more. So, after pulling it all apart and removing the particles with compressed air and letting it air dry overnight, I decided to take the Cape Cod to it. It really transformed the watch as it isn't a satin finish anymore (as I expected would happen) but I think it turned out pretty nice. Better than before anyway and I feel I gave this watch a second chance.

Also, I will be sending it along with a 1999 Kinetic to a local Seiko Kinetic watch maker in Denton, TX so it can receive the proper service it needs and deserves. Enough talk...

Johnny Wishbone and Luis6 like this.

joining in. This is my going out for a walk watch. Get my exercise and wind the watch at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Luis6 likes this.
    "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that provides the difficulties."
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Buellrider View Post
    So, after pulling it all apart and removing the particles with compressed air and letting it air dry overnight, I decided to take the Cape Cod to it. It really transformed the watch as it isn't a satin finish anymore (as I expected would happen) but I think it turned out pretty nice. Better than before anyway and I feel I gave this watch a second chance.
    I really like that polished finish! Nice job.
    Wrist king Seiko Sumo SBDC001 Big beast Seiko Black Monster II SRP307 Bathing beauty Seiko Orange Monster II SRP309 Massive tool Seiko BFK SKA371 Wake-up call Seiko Bell-Matic 4006-6050 (1975) Atomic bomb Casio Edifice EQW-T610D-1AJF Stealth fighter Casio G-Shock GD-350-1B Father Time Tudor Auto Oyster cal. 951 (1946)

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    I really like that polished finish! Nice job.
    Thanks bitfield. The Cape Cod cloth is works amazingly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buellrider View Post
    Thanks bitfield. The Cape Cod cloth is works amazingly well.
    Hi there Buell,

Did the cape cod remove scratches or just for polishing purposes?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

It removes all all light surface scratches. The more you work at it, it will remover deeper ones also. Just have to be careful because it does remove the material as well. But to answer your question, it polishes as it removes scratches. If you try to remove a scratch from an unpolished piece, it will be polished when you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by joey79 View Post
    Hi there Buell,

Did the cape cod remove scratches or just for polishing purposes?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information