Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here! - Page 7
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

I've had my SKA369 for four years and still love it. I want to try a Zulu band on it, though, but after spending all day today (on and off) trying to remove the bracelet I have been unable to dislodge the spring bars. I have the correct tools and I have applied as much force as I'm comfortable with applying. It's frustrating - does anyone have any tips?

Thanks,

Mark.Name:  IMG_4502.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  71.8 KB
    Last edited by housman; July 20th, 2014 at 23:42.

Quote Originally Posted by housman View Post
    I've had my SKA369 for four years and still love it. I want to try a Zulu band on it, though, but after spending all day today (on and off) trying to remove the bracelet I have been unable to dislodge the spring bars. I have the correct tools and I have applied as much force as I'm comfortable with applying. It's frustrating - does anyone have any tips?

Thanks,

Mark.Name:  IMG_4502.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  71.8 KB
    It has drilled lugs .....

"The bracelet can be removed quite easily (and my fingers are all thumbs...). Just take two paper-clips, bend them up a little bit and bring them in. Once you press down the spring bars, press on top of the end-link – done. Couldn't be easier for me, no scratching with knives and whatsoever."

The above "tip" is from forum member # swingkid.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by phlabrooy View Post
    It has drilled lugs .....

"The bracelet can be removed quite easily (and my fingers are all thumbs...). Just take two paper-clips, bend them up a little bit and bring them in. Once you press down the spring bars, press on top of the end-link – done. Couldn't be easier for me, no scratching with knives and whatsoever."

The above "tip" is from forum member # swingkid.

Regards,
    Thanks - I will try a paper clip. My jeweller's screwdriver seemed to be pushing the spring bars in a good distance, but the end-link wouldn't budge.

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by housman View Post
    Thanks - I will try a paper clip. My jeweller's screwdriver seemed to be pushing the spring bars in a good distance, but the end-link wouldn't budge.

Mark.
    Well, I tried a paper clip but no luck so I took it to the local jeweller, who got the bracelet off in about a minute! He didn't do it it front of me, so I still don't know what the secret is. Very frustrating - but the watch does look good on its new strap.

Mark.

Name:  Seiko Nato.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  276.4 KB
    phlabrooy likes this.

After an extremely bad day, I used all of my AMEX points yesterday and had this delivered today! Always been a fan of Seiko, as I have at one time have/had the 007,009,Orange and Black Monsters, Solar Diver, SPB001 Premier (wish I woulda kept that one), SARB, and a few others. However never had a Kinetic.

Got it today and am very impressed! I was surprised how comfortable it wears. And it does have a very nice "presence" on the wrist. This may be my gateway to that MarineMaster I have been eyeing for so long.

Anyone have any cool strap options?

Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by DaveTOG; July 26th, 2014 at 20:51.
    Time is relative.

New BFK owner reporting

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTOG View Post
    After an extremely bad day, I used all of my AMEX points yesterday and had this delivered today! Always been a fan of Seiko, as I have at one time have/had the 007,009,Orange and Black Monsters, Solar Diver, SPB001 Premier (wish I woulda kept that one), SARB, and a few others. However never had a Kinetic.

Got it today and am very impressed! I was surprised how comfortable it wears. And it does have a very nice "presence" on the wrist. This may be my gateway to that MarineMaster I have been eyeing for so long.

Anyone have any cool strap options?
    I keep the stock bracelets on all my BFK's. I love the original bracelet and am probably one of the few that actually likes the stock hands. The Panatime with yellow stitching does look good though. I am more of a bracelet person.

I love the heft and robustness of mine, it sees a lot of wrist time, but I have just started to notice, it is not a night time watch! Well not for me at least! With my eyes recently starting to need reading glasses, I struggle to make out the time with the lume and the hand design.
    I find my Orient SD and my Orca are much easier to read early in the morning when it's time to get up!
    I still love the BFK though, and as it has served well as a beater, it's probably not worth trying to sell it on either!
    The BFK with its current traveling companions.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fullers1845, Luis6, joey79 and 1 others like this.
    MM300, Doxa Sharkhunter 1200T, Doxa Searambler 1200T, Blue Citizen Orca, (Orient Saturation Diver 300m) (SRP453) SARB035, SKX171K (slightly modded) SSC019 Pepsi, (SKX009 PMMM/Sumolike)Blue Soxa, Blue Bell-Matic, BFK, OM, Ecozilla, Tag F1, Orient 20 bar quartz (1990 - my first Diver!) and a couple of Nixon ..... I'm almost done! Just sold a watch! First one ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiter View Post
    I love the heft and robustness of mine, it sees a lot of wrist time, but I have just started to notice, it is not a night time watch! Well not for me at least! With my eyes recently starting to need reading glasses, I struggle to make out the time with the lume and the hand design.
    I find my Orient SD and my Orca are much easier to read early in the morning when it's time to get up!
    I still love the BFK though, and as it has served well as a beater, it's probably not worth trying to sell it on either!
    I agree. My eyes are fine, but those skeleton hands just don't work at night.

I think eventually I'm going to mod mine with a sapphire crystal and plonguer handset from yabookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiter View Post
    I love the seiko lume. My monster and sawtooth are amazing at night. A little off topic, how does the orca rate in comparison? Not looking to hijack the thread. From all the lume shots I have seen, the bfk looks as though it has a very bright lume, typical of the seiko dive watches. Difficult to beat!
    Last edited by joey79; August 7th, 2014 at 20:43.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information