Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here! - Page 7
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 246
  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48

    Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

    I've had my SKA369 for four years and still love it. I want to try a Zulu band on it, though, but after spending all day today (on and off) trying to remove the bracelet I have been unable to dislodge the spring bars. I have the correct tools and I have applied as much force as I'm comfortable with applying. It's frustrating - does anyone have any tips?

    Thanks,

    Mark.Name:  IMG_4502.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  71.8 KB
    Last edited by housman; July 20th, 2014 at 23:42.

  2. #62
    Member phlabrooy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ipoh, MALAYSIA
    Posts
    1,812

    Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

    Quote Originally Posted by housman View Post
    I've had my SKA369 for four years and still love it. I want to try a Zulu band on it, though, but after spending all day today (on and off) trying to remove the bracelet I have been unable to dislodge the spring bars. I have the correct tools and I have applied as much force as I'm comfortable with applying. It's frustrating - does anyone have any tips?

    Thanks,

    Mark.Name:  IMG_4502.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  71.8 KB
    It has drilled lugs .....

    "The bracelet can be removed quite easily (and my fingers are all thumbs...). Just take two paper-clips, bend them up a little bit and bring them in. Once you press down the spring bars, press on top of the end-link – done. Couldn't be easier for me, no scratching with knives and whatsoever."

    The above "tip" is from forum member # swingkid.

    Regards,

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48

    Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

    Quote Originally Posted by phlabrooy View Post
    It has drilled lugs .....

    "The bracelet can be removed quite easily (and my fingers are all thumbs...). Just take two paper-clips, bend them up a little bit and bring them in. Once you press down the spring bars, press on top of the end-link – done. Couldn't be easier for me, no scratching with knives and whatsoever."

    The above "tip" is from forum member # swingkid.

    Regards,
    Thanks - I will try a paper clip. My jeweller's screwdriver seemed to be pushing the spring bars in a good distance, but the end-link wouldn't budge.

    Mark.

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48

    Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

    Quote Originally Posted by housman View Post
    Thanks - I will try a paper clip. My jeweller's screwdriver seemed to be pushing the spring bars in a good distance, but the end-link wouldn't budge.

    Mark.
    Well, I tried a paper clip but no luck so I took it to the local jeweller, who got the bracelet off in about a minute! He didn't do it it front of me, so I still don't know what the secret is. Very frustrating - but the watch does look good on its new strap.

    Mark.

    Name:  Seiko Nato.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  276.4 KB
    phlabrooy likes this.

  5. #65
    Member DaveTOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

    After an extremely bad day, I used all of my AMEX points yesterday and had this delivered today! Always been a fan of Seiko, as I have at one time have/had the 007,009,Orange and Black Monsters, Solar Diver, SPB001 Premier (wish I woulda kept that one), SARB, and a few others. However never had a Kinetic.

    Got it today and am very impressed! I was surprised how comfortable it wears. And it does have a very nice "presence" on the wrist. This may be my gateway to that MarineMaster I have been eyeing for so long.

    Anyone have any cool strap options?










    Attached Images Attached Images

    Last edited by DaveTOG; July 26th, 2014 at 20:51.
    Time is relative.


  6. #66
    Member Kon Peki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    35

    Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

    New BFK owner reporting


  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    202

    Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTOG View Post
    After an extremely bad day, I used all of my AMEX points yesterday and had this delivered today! Always been a fan of Seiko, as I have at one time have/had the 007,009,Orange and Black Monsters, Solar Diver, SPB001 Premier (wish I woulda kept that one), SARB, and a few others. However never had a Kinetic.

    Got it today and am very impressed! I was surprised how comfortable it wears. And it does have a very nice "presence" on the wrist. This may be my gateway to that MarineMaster I have been eyeing for so long.

    Anyone have any cool strap options?
    I keep the stock bracelets on all my BFK's. I love the original bracelet and am probably one of the few that actually likes the stock hands. The Panatime with yellow stitching does look good though. I am more of a bracelet person.

  8. #68
    Member Kiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    488

    Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

    I love the heft and robustness of mine, it sees a lot of wrist time, but I have just started to notice, it is not a night time watch! Well not for me at least! With my eyes recently starting to need reading glasses, I struggle to make out the time with the lume and the hand design.
    I find my Orient SD and my Orca are much easier to read early in the morning when it's time to get up!
    I still love the BFK though, and as it has served well as a beater, it's probably not worth trying to sell it on either!
    The BFK with its current traveling companions.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

    Fullers1845, Luis6, joey79 and 1 others like this.
    MM300, Doxa Sharkhunter 1200T, Doxa Searambler 1200T, Blue Citizen Orca, (Orient Saturation Diver 300m) (SRP453) SARB035, SKX171K (slightly modded) SSC019 Pepsi, (SKX009 PMMM/Sumolike)Blue Soxa, Blue Bell-Matic, BFK, OM, Ecozilla, Tag F1, Orient 20 bar quartz (1990 - my first Diver!) and a couple of Nixon ..... I'm almost done! Just sold a watch! First one ever!

  9. #69
    Member ZASKAR36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,993

    Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiter View Post
    I love the heft and robustness of mine, it sees a lot of wrist time, but I have just started to notice, it is not a night time watch! Well not for me at least! With my eyes recently starting to need reading glasses, I struggle to make out the time with the lume and the hand design.
    I find my Orient SD and my Orca are much easier to read early in the morning when it's time to get up!
    I still love the BFK though, and as it has served well as a beater, it's probably not worth trying to sell it on either!
    The BFK with its current traveling companions.....
    I agree. My eyes are fine, but those skeleton hands just don't work at night.

    I think eventually I'm going to mod mine with a sapphire crystal and plonguer handset from yabookies.

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiter View Post
    I love the heft and robustness of mine, it sees a lot of wrist time, but I have just started to notice, it is not a night time watch! Well not for me at least! With my eyes recently starting to need reading glasses, I struggle to make out the time with the lume and the hand design.
    I find my Orient SD and my Orca are much easier to read early in the morning when it's time to get up!
    I still love the BFK though, and as it has served well as a beater, it's probably not worth trying to sell it on either!
    The BFK with its current traveling companions.....
    I love the seiko lume. My monster and sawtooth are amazing at night. A little off topic, how does the orca rate in comparison? Not looking to hijack the thread. From all the lume shots I have seen, the bfk looks as though it has a very bright lume, typical of the seiko dive watches. Difficult to beat!
    Last edited by joey79; August 7th, 2014 at 20:43.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •