Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here! - Page 8
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

Does Yobokies or anyone else have a domed crystal for the BFK? What size hands does the BFK take? Standard 007 sized hands?

I work in a very physical job that requires a very tough watch so i got the bfk (who is indeed very very tough) but came to the conclusion that its just not practical in every day level because as the name suggests its just to freaking big or to be more accurate -its just way to heavy. Anyone here feels like they went to fur with the wheight ?
    Fullers1845 likes this.

Having worn this watch 24/7 for the past three weeks I can happily say that for me there is no weight or size issue , I was expecting a heavy- weight and I got one. What remains to be seen is will it be able to go the distance, the whole ten rounds? This watch is not a beater or is it a weakender nor shall it be worn on any rotational basis . This watch is the ONLY watch that I envisage wearing for the foreseeable future and it shall be worn 24/7. I can hear the stunned silence from here.Yes folks for all intense and purpose this is my only watch. Where I go , it goes, when I shower it showers when I wash dishes it washes dishes when I swim it swims ( and I swim allot ). Will I be disappointed? Should I have gone Gshock? I shall give my bnib ska 371p1 4 years of continued use and involuntary abuse before a full service. Ladies and Gentlemen place your bets............
    Fullers1845, M1K3Z0R and azigman like this.

While super solid and very well fitting, even on my smallish 6.5" wrists, the BFK is ultimately too heavy to be a daily watch for me, much less 24/7. I like my watches much lighter, and usually on straps for that very reason.

Zerointerest, more power to ya, brutha! Enjoy the hell outta your BFK!
    Last edited by Fullers1845; October 7th, 2014 at 02:16.
    zerointerest likes this.
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Cheers! James

intense purposes alright!
    Fullers1845 and zerointerest like this.
    Seiko: SARB035, SARB017, SARG005, SBPY085 Solar, 6309-7040, SKX007, SKX Explorer mod, 7002-700J, SNK809 (Cali mod), SNXF05, SNJ007
    Citizen: PMD56-2952 JDM, Alterna VO10-6611H, CA0255-01E Chrono, 8110 Automatic Chrono, BM8180-O3E, Leopard 28,800
    Casio: GW-3500BB, GW-M5610-1BJF, A158WA-1D, PRW-3000-2JF

Hidden Content

You know it is really thanks to you wis & wus folk that this young sparkling piece of Japanese technology is hanging onto my wrist. I must have read every review ever written on the BFK and the good WAY outnumbered the bad and then most of the bad reviews concerned weight, size and inconvenience regarding the kinetic power system. Weight and size at present seem to pose no problem and since the watch stays attached power supply should be no problem either. I believe water infiltration will be its downfall as has been the case in previous watches I have owned.What I would like to see is a few shots of old, worn ,and damaged BFKs and hear their stories, how they have stood the test of time.......

Best regards
    Fullers1845 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zerointerest View Post
    I believe water infiltration will be its downfall as has been the case in previous watches I have owned.What I would like to see is a few shots of old, worn ,and damaged BFKs and hear their stories, how they have stood the test of time.......

Best regards
    they hold their own quite well. and as a diver I'd be surprised if any water got into yours if you dont open the crown underwater or something.

check this thread BFK Durability Testing - more updates
    Fullers1845 and zerointerest like this.
    Seiko: SARB035, SARB017, SARG005, SBPY085 Solar, 6309-7040, SKX007, SKX Explorer mod, 7002-700J, SNK809 (Cali mod), SNXF05, SNJ007
    Citizen: PMD56-2952 JDM, Alterna VO10-6611H, CA0255-01E Chrono, 8110 Automatic Chrono, BM8180-O3E, Leopard 28,800
    Casio: GW-3500BB, GW-M5610-1BJF, A158WA-1D, PRW-3000-2JF

Hidden Content

Yes, THE TORTURE TEST. Going back to it is like watching a re - run of Breaking Bad or some other high voltage entertainment. It was that thread that tipped the scales toward the BFK . At the time I had it down to two contenders the other being the Citizen BN0000-04H . I liked a lot of things about the Citizen . Price , Eco Drive , one piece case , 300m ,I just could not get over the many , many , complaints about the stem and crown......Problems with cross threading , not enough thread , wobbly crown and even crown falling off and it would have been just my luck to receive one with at least one of the above issues. ......... no offence to Citizen owners intended, shame really because I think the Eco system is probably the better system. The crown on the BFK is big and feels solid , and I will probably let the date adjust alone only opening the crown when changing time zones. I would have preferred no date and also I think the power check button is a little gadgety? and of course another place for a seal to fail.
    Last edited by zerointerest; October 8th, 2014 at 16:03.
    Fullers1845 likes this.

Bit late like but never mind. I'd decided not to get a Kinetic until I fell for the BFK.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  65.3 KB

I think its the "querkyness" or the uniqueness of the kinetic movement that plays a large part in deciding . Owners have posted that they like the idea of at least a part of the movement being mechanical and liking the accuracy and hands off maintenance of the quartz. A sort of blending of the old and new........still I cant help feeling that solar is the way to go all though I have the BFK strapped to my wrist...........
    Last edited by zerointerest; October 8th, 2014 at 20:05.
    Fullers1845 likes this.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast