Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here! - Page 9
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Re: Official BFK Owner's Club: post yours here!

I'm intent on getting the sumo, but this thread has me wanting a BFK anyway. I'm not a fan of the hands for quick legibility when they are close to each other or at night, but the torture tests still have me impressed. I'm not a fan of tall and heavy watches, but if I see it selling for under ~$160 at F29 I'll take a swing at it just for the sake of owning a Kinetic.
    Fullers1845 and zerointerest like this.
    Truth has been spoken:
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by javadave Hidden Content
    Seiko divers are like crack. You start out with a monster or 007 and next thing you know you are selling your couch on Craigslist so that you can get a taste of a spring drive or marine master.
    WISH LIST: Omega 2221.80 / Grand Seiko SBGX115 / Rolex 16613

The BFK comes in at 204g in the bracelet whilst the Prospex Sumo is at 183g. On the rubber the Sumo 114g and BFK 176g. I remember the impression of weight and quality when I first held the BFK in my hand, very impressive , reassuring even, like the solid clunk of a Mercedes Benz door closing, good workmanship. And the feeling remains. Speaking of rubber, I have no problems with the hands EXCEPT at night as mentioned in the above post. How they let that pass I have no idea. I've seen a couple of mods , Velatura and Ploprof,nice but not for me. A full lume would be the answer but I'm not going to break the case open for that now,Ill live with it , perhaps a mod at service time or when the guarantee runs out ,I bought new, not too many cheap used ones around at the moment...........
    Last edited by zerointerest; October 10th, 2014 at 02:54.
    M1K3Z0R likes this.

I just picked one up in the sales forum, and then a Blumo the next day. I intended to catch and release the BFK but I do like it. If I could find a suitable dial for a mod, it'd be a keeper (with Yobokies hands of course). Any dial suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    zerointerest likes this.

My BFK.....

Compared to my Seiko Black monster...

And a lume shot!
    Last edited by shvlhd69; October 29th, 2014 at 01:57.
    Fullers1845 and zerointerest like this.
    All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.

Quote Originally Posted by buickrob View Post
    I just picked one up in the sales forum, and then a Blumo the next day. I intended to catch and release the BFK but I do like it. If I could find a suitable dial for a mod, it'd be a keeper (with Yobokies hands of course). Any dial suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It would appear that there are not too many mod options for the BFK I've seen a yellow dial and black chapter ring that looked pretty cool. I thought long about getting the yellow dial version but I was not sure if I could live long term with it and a couple of girls told me no when I showed them a picture.they said it was better then the orange but that the black was best , classic, and then of course the ridiculous price difference?! Mines been on my wrist for a month , had nice comments on it. Its a beautifully built machine and the bracelet feels like satin......

Quote Originally Posted by shvlhd69 View Post
    My BFK.....

Compared to my Seiko Black monster...

And a lume shot!
    Same model BFK as mine . Ive got to admit though the complaints of difficulty reading in the dark are well founded. The lumes good just not enough of it on the hands.
    Last edited by zerointerest; November 2nd, 2014 at 05:26.

Yeah....my Black Monster has much better and longer lasting lume for alot less money! Still, I like the look of it! Next up is a Tuna and a SOXA mod on a 007 or a 009! New to the mod thing so we'll see how badly I botch my first attempt!
    zerointerest likes this.
    All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  216.0 KB

Incoming:

May add a metal band in the future.
    zerointerest likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shvlhd69 View Post
    Yeah....my Black Monster has much better and longer lasting lume for alot less money! Still, I like the look of it! Next up is a Tuna and a SOXA mod on a 007 or a 009! New to the mod thing so we'll see how badly I botch my first attempt!
    Plenty of choice for mods on those models, a good place to start. I've got a J. Springs (cheapo seiko) which sprung a leak after 2 years of continued abuse all in pieces which I'm thinking of attacking ......I mean its D.O.A so not much to lose there except time and money!

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information