WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Official Cocktail Time Pic Thread SARB065

218K views 565 replies 235 participants last post by  Dante231 
#1 ·
We seem to have an "official" thread for almost every other watch, so why not the SARB065. This is a watch that I feel will one day be a classic. I believe as soon as they quit making this one, it will be one of the "must have" Seiko's................
I'll start, some more pics of my SARB065 that I recieved about a week ago.......loving it!

See less See more
#149 ·
Finally liberated mine from its plastic-looking OEM strap. It detracted so much from the luxurious look of the watch that I couldn't wear it any more. Of course, I still can't wear it now, but at least I can stare at it lovingly and more easily envision different colors and patterns of watchbands...
View attachment 6854066
Can you post a video on how to remove the strap?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

#161 · (Edited)
I think I'm the only person on this board who actually likes the stock strap. I find it comfortable and very complementary to the watch itself.
Upon further review, I don't think the strap is nearly as bad as everyone make it out to be. I think it fits the look/feel of the watch perfectly.
I just got mine last week and have a brown strap with white contrast stitching that I was going to put it on. But the bluish tone to the dial really works well with a black strap, and the OEM strap does work. It's certainly unique.

I also bought a black leather gator grain strap (actually 2, one with white contrast stitching and one without). I may swap to one of those black straps to dress it down just a tad.

#165 · (Edited)
Took some proper pictures of the watch last night. I still have the OEM strap on it, as the new straps I bought don't have enough holes for my pencil wrist. Weird, because the strap is the same size as the OEM, but they just have fewer holes. I have a punch somewhere, so I'll take a shot with that first.

Cocktail Time-2 by Russ, on Flickr

Cocktail Time-1 by Russ, on Flickr

Cocktail Time-4 by Russ, on Flickr

Cocktail Time-6 by Russ, on Flickr

#167 ·
I had this problem with my Alpinist. I ended up putting another hole in the strap and now it's perfect.

#172 ·
#180 ·
You're right. The 065 is not plain-jane like your GQ. BTW, is "Grand Quartz" just a nickname you gave your watch? That doesn't have a Grand Seiko logo like a normal GS.

Sent from my vacation home on the Moon.
Don't think it's a nickname, it's printed right there on the dial!

As for the SARB being blingy, well... it is called the Cocktail Time not the Business Time.

#186 ·
My Cocktail Time loses 2 minutes every week. Do you think is it normal?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Any mechanical watch can do that. The Cocktail Time uses the 6R15 movement, which is rated at +25 to -15 seconds per day. If you're losing 2 minutes a week, then you're likely consistend with the -15 seconds/day rating. Just open it up and adjust it.

https://www.seikowatches.com/support/ib/pdf/SEIKO_6R15_0405.pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.