WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Official Cocktail Time Pic Thread SARB065

218K views 565 replies 235 participants last post by  Dante231 
#1 ·
We seem to have an "official" thread for almost every other watch, so why not the SARB065. This is a watch that I feel will one day be a classic. I believe as soon as they quit making this one, it will be one of the "must have" Seiko's................
I'll start, some more pics of my SARB065 that I recieved about a week ago.......loving it!

See less See more
#191 ·
So mine came in the mail last night, much to my surprise. Aesthetically, this watch is beautiful. The strap is hot garbage. I've got a few replacements en route for that though. The movement leaves a lot of be desired. Keep in mind, I'm far from a Seiko fan boy. I have three Seikos, and my complaint is the same on all of them. These are very loud movements, particularly the rotor. It's as if I'm hearing Jingle Bells off in the distance as I work at my desk. Considering how much hearing I've lost through the years, the fact that I can hear the rotor is astonishing. Perhaps I'll get over it, but this is the first dressy Seiko I've had, and the first one I'd wear in an office environment, so it is rather annoying. My others are much more casual watches, and are normally worn outside where things are loud enough to overcome the rotor sound most of the time. Pics to follow.

#192 ·
I think in the same thread you will see my complete disappoint with the watch upon opening the box. However, I purchased from Amazon and had a 90 day return policy so I removed the band threw it in the box, put a band on that I had from a cheap Armani, gave if a week, and did a full 180. This is not my personality either. Usually I give things 30 seconds before determining I am never going to wear it. Give it a couple of weeks and let it settle. It now gets a lot of wrist time. May I reccomended the Hirsch Modeno as a very desirable inexpensive strap for the watch. Alternatively it looks good in oyster bracelet too:

I also just put it on a grey alligator and it really looks nice. No pictures yet.

Again it is getting as much play time as my watches 10x the price and out of the box I absolutely hated it. The strap is the worst I ever touched and the strap with the case depth makes it very uncomfortable. Once you change the band it is completely different.

Attachments

#193 ·
I think in the same thread you will see my complete disappoint with the watch upon opening the box. However, I purchased from Amazon and had a 90 day return policy so I removed the band threw it in the box, put a band on that I had from a cheap Armani, gave if a week, and did a full 180. This is not my personality either. Usually I give things 30 seconds before determining I am never going to wear it. Give it a couple of weeks and let it settle. It now gets a lot of wrist time. May I reccomended the Hirsch Modeno as a very desirable inexpensive strap for the watch. Alternatively it looks good in oyster bracelet too:

I also just put it on a grey alligator and it really looks nice. No pictures yet.

Again it is getting as much play time as my watches 10x the price and out of the box I absolutely hated it. The strap is the worst I ever touched and the strap with the case depth makes it very uncomfortable. Once you change the band it is completely different.
It's a keeper for sure. Despite my aggravation with the jingle, it is a gorgeous watch for the money. I just spent an hour in my Russian class fighting to take my eyes off the dial. It changes colors so much depending on the light.

#196 ·
Really great photograph. I absolutely love mine, I think it is an incredible value, and is a lot more versatile than what some give it credit for. Dresses down beautifully on a perlon, or nice horween strap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#198 ·
The Cocktail Time in a trinity of silver dials: The Invicta 2875 to the left; it was the first watch I ever received. And the Seiko 5 Sportsmatic to the right, which my grandfather bought in 1966 and wore for many years.
Analog watch Watch Black Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Reactions: shahtirthak
#208 ·
I just joined the club a few weeks back and already managed a scratch on the crystal. Not as low profile as the sapphire equipped watches I have. Oh well adds some character.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.