WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Official Cocktail Time Pic Thread SARB065

218K views 565 replies 235 participants last post by  Dante231 
#1 ·
We seem to have an "official" thread for almost every other watch, so why not the SARB065. This is a watch that I feel will one day be a classic. I believe as soon as they quit making this one, it will be one of the "must have" Seiko's................
I'll start, some more pics of my SARB065 that I recieved about a week ago.......loving it!

See less See more
#260 ·
#258 ·
Anyone know if there's a jubilee which will fit the Cocktail Time?

#262 ·
Decided to do a little experimenting. Had a cheaper jubilee bracelet sitting in a drawer and after a bit of bending of the hollow end links I got them to fit. It's not a perfect match - the pointed corners stick up a little (I'll adjust them later). But, man, why didn't this watch come with a bracelet from the beginning.

I'll be wearing this combo tonight when my wife and I go out.

#267 ·
I threw an SKX jubilee onto my Cocktail time after seeing the above pix. It's from the smaller one... skx173? The 38mm diver. I added some fat spring bars to allow the diver bracelet to fit correctly. The SARB requires spring bars with .8mm tips vs the more standard 1.1mm tips on diver cases.

The end links weren't quite right for the SARB case. I took a dremel and sanding drum and very carefully opened up the arc from 38mm to 40mm. I then massaged the shape a bit to get the links as flush as possible.

The jubilee really brings out the Cocktail Time magic. I think mine will be on this bracelet for quite a while.

#272 · (Edited)
No mod. There is actually a pretty large gap at the12 end link that annoys me. This was a replacement Rolex oyster bracket on eBay that was like $38. It's appropriately unbranded. The link quality is ok but the clasps and end links are pretty poor.

I attach my OEM Rolex bracelet too and it's a perfect fit but really hard to get on.

I plan on trying to bend the end Linn to close the gap but haven't gotten around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#277 ·
My Cocktail was running +25 per day. Two days ago I decided to open the case and regulate the watch. It was my first time doing so. I learned by watching Youtube. After several adjustments, my Cocktail is now running +3 per day! b-)

I also applied silicon grease on the rubber ring. It was also my first time using silicon grease.

The whole process is of great fun! ;-)

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

Watch Material property Fashion accessory Watch accessory Strap

#289 ·
Great strap, what is it?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.