Official SBDX019 -62MAS Reissue - Page 6
Like Tree397Likes

Thread: Official SBDX019 -62MAS Reissue

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Los Angeles.... Originally from the land down under

Re: Official SBDX019 -62MAS Reissue

Ugggghhhh.

Those handsets look like a cross between the monster and tuna handsets, not a fan of either, or this.

I see the hand Modification people retooling their machines already to produce some after market hands for this one.

The 62MAS LE is looking better and better.

Id be shocked if it doesn't deliver when we see it in metal.
    Its such an Iconic simple design but at this price point I suspect they will go big with the finishing/ polish work.
    I think I will regret not getting in line by the time I see one in person, but I suspect I will be passing on this one.

As for a mechanical GS????
    Anyone else surprised by the fact that the normal buttoned up seiko corporation has all of a sudden developed more leaks than the Trunp white house?
    I have to wonder if they want to get this out in front of the public before it gets lost in the announcements at Basel?
    A GS mechanical diver is certainly long due and based on the interest the 62Mas watches are getting there certainly seems to be a rabid market for a smaller GS diver..... one can hope anyway?
    Last edited by matthew P; February 11th, 2017 at 22:50.
    Hidden Content GS 029 Hidden Content HighBeat Hidden Content MoonWatch Hidden Content Max Bill

I couldn't care less about the price.

I'm only worried about the 40mm size that might kill the vintage look and my feeling about what is good taste.

Watches are now useless and are a fashion/luxury item. Price has to be paid for that. And if 3k is too much money for a watch you'd keep your entire life, then I have to think you shouldn't collect watches at all and spend your money for useful things instead of watches.

Excluding maybe Vostok, Casio and Seiko 5, I can't think of a single watch that is worth its price ... look how many watches Rolex sells only by its name ... with absolutely ZERO link between price and what you actually get (you actually get a watch made at almost 100% by machines and with a design so old that I can't think it's worth more than 500eur to produce...) ... I really don't know why Seiko should sell only cheap watches...

I'd be ok to spend 4k for a 37-38mm 62mas reissue...

Quote Originally Posted by hmaier View Post
    This would put you in the overwhelming minority on that issue.

Hope you find what you are looking for

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Crater likes this.

I'm heavily considering purchasing this piece to complement my NOS 6159-7000. I was already considering getting an original 62MAS, but I see no reason to, as the SBDX019 reissue is more compelling to me in every way. I'm wondering if this will present a similar situation as the Omega Ploprof where original vintage piece values diminish as a result of the reissues.

Name:  IMG_2264 (2).JPG
Views: 622
Size:  2.02 MB

Name:  IMG_2265 (3).JPG
Views: 625
Size:  1.29 MB

Name:  IMG_2267 (2).JPG
Views: 620
Size:  1.55 MB

Los Angeles.... Originally from the land down under

Quote Originally Posted by hmaier View Post
    I'd be ok to spend 4k for a 37-38mm 62mas reissue...
    I suspect this is a sentiment shared by many collectors and will ensure that the LE sells out.
    The 62mas is an Iconic Diver for seiko and while it doesn't seem that impressive visually by current standards, its still a signature design for seiko enthusiasts.
    From what I understand working models are hard to track down and being a tool watch most examples of the watch have been "ridden hard and put away wet"..... literally.
    The opportunity to purchase a Seiko "homage" to its original diver with a high quality movement, and, what I imagine will be no holds barred finishing, will prove irresistible to many.
    Would these people prefer a 38MM version ? .... maybe,,,,, would the movement fit? , I don't know.

Its my understanding that Seiko is a fragmented company with many different production modules at different geographical locations based on movement and division.
    I assume that the fact that this watch is not a GS means its being designed and built by the Prospex division?
    I suspect this will be a labor of love for who ever is assigned the project and that the Limited nature of the production run will offer up extra's that reflect the companies respect for their past.

All speculation on my part but I do think from a collector perspective this one will be well worth the price of entry... unfortunately I don't have that sort of collection.
    Last edited by matthew P; February 12th, 2017 at 00:11.
    Hidden Content GS 029 Hidden Content HighBeat Hidden Content MoonWatch Hidden Content Max Bill

I hope that with the apparent success of the 6309 turtle re-issue, that Seiko has decided to re-issue all their old diver designs, and that they decided to continue, logically, from the beginning.

And I hope, regardless of whether the 62mas reissue succeeds or fails, that they will continue.

I think the 6215 was the first pretty Seiko diver. And the 6159 is almost the same, except with better WR and a better movement.

I think the 62mas was Seiko's first stab at a dive watch, and the 6159 was the proto-mm300.

I think the the proto-mm300's are very good-looking, but with my limited budget, I can't afford both it and a current mm300. I think I would rather have the current one.

It would be so cool for me if they will continue to the 6105-811x. Then I will have to pull the trigger, regardless of specs and price.
    Last edited by awayne; February 12th, 2017 at 00:39.
    Spring-Diver likes this.

Ooops !! I didn't realise that the non-LE versions were much bigger.... That's definitely a mistake. If there's one thing that kills the vintage vibe is, IMO, the bigger sizes.

The hands are OK, I guess... They'll allow you to read the time until you change them for something else... These hands do not belong in this design !!! I kinda like that they are using them across the new Tuna line, but that doesn't mean they can go everywhere !!!
    Last edited by Blackdog; February 12th, 2017 at 01:07.
    dZeak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    This would put you in the overwhelming minority on that issue.

Hope you find what you are looking for

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Thx.I mean, I understand price being important, or being an issue for some.

But c'mon, we all want to pay everything cheaper ... yeah ... cheap is better.... but we're always selling something to someone ... my boss also thinks I'm too expensive...

Sometimes, you have to pay to play. And watches are just kind of a game ... in this modern world, it's a useless item ... I don't feel like complaining on the prices of Ferrari... I can't reasonnable afford one, so I don't have one... And I get over it.

I see no reason why Seiko should keep on selling cheap watches. Being Seiko or Grand Seiko, compared to swiss or german brands, you have pretty much more for your money with Seiko!

Grand Seiko provides pretty much Rolex/IWC/Jaeger... quality for Tudor's price range or so. Tudor or Oris have been comparison points here ... and honestly, Grand Seiko is far above, and Seiko is quite on par (depending on models for sure).

I see nothing crazy with Seiko pricin' this LE (i don't care it being LE, I never resell my watches anyway) in 3k range...

I can understand people being sad with not being able to afford it, but I see no shame nor any "missed point" into this pricing

Quote Originally Posted by matthew P View Post
    I suspect this is a sentiment shared by many collectors and will ensure that the LE sells out.
    The 62mas is an Iconic Diver for seiko and while it doesn't seem that impressive visually by current standards, its still a signature design for seiko enthusiasts.
    From what I understand working models are hard to track down and being a tool watch most examples of the watch have been "ridden hard and put away wet"..... literally.
    The opportunity to purchase a Seiko "homage" to its original diver with a high quality movement, and, what I imagine will be no holds barred finishing, will prove irresistible to many.
    Would these people prefer a 38MM version ? .... maybe,,,,, would the movement fit? , I don't know.

Its my understanding that Seiko is a fragmented company with many different production modules at different geographical locations based on movement and division.
    I assume that the fact that this watch is not a GS means its being designed and built by the Prospex division?
    I suspect this will be a labor of love for who ever is assigned the project and that the Limited nature of the production run will offer up extra's that reflect the companies respect for their past.

All speculation on my part but I do think from a collector perspective this one will be well worth the price of entry... unfortunately I don't have that sort of collection.
    Sure they will sell like hotcakes.

The concern about the size real though. 40mm is a lil' too big for small wrists and vintage lovers. And lil' too small for big wrists and (unfortunately) modern sized watches lovers.

It's somewhere inbetween. Though, size won't be an issue for selling only 2000 pieces ... they could size it at 36, 38 or 45, i'm pretty sure they would sell...

Still from my point of view, the 43mm version will be plain horrible.

however, I really don't think it will be a great investment. If someones buys to resell in few years, I'm not sure he will make money ... however, i'm not a seller and not a used-watches buyer so i might be wrong

I'm really getting sick of reading this forum and hearing about how every watch Seiko releases anymore is overpriced. I think collectively, we're losing perspective.

This LE is the same price as the ETA based Black Bay, and I really hope no one is seriously going to argue that the Black Bay is worth more, horologically, than an 8l35 62mas reissue. And yes, the fit and finish of this model will be reflective of the price, I'll bet the farm on that.

Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. More for me, I guess.

With that said, the 6r15 version is hideous IMO. If you're at all interested in a 62mas reissue, the 8l35 version is the one to go for and I suspect that they'll hold or increase value very nicely making the cost even less of an issue.
    Last edited by Memento Vivere; February 12th, 2017 at 02:10.
    Rolex: Submariner 16803 (Two Tone)
    Grand Seiko: SBGA029 | SBGR077 | 6146-8020 61GS
    Nomos: Tangente 38mm Doctors Without Borders LE
    Seiko:
    SBBN013 Darth Tuna | SBDX017 MarineMaster 300m | SARK003 Urushi LE | SRPA19 Zimbe Turtle | 6105 8110 | 6306 7001 |SCVF005 "Red" Alpinist | 5246-6000 Chronometer Special King Seiko

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information