Official SBDX019 -62MAS Reissue - Page 7
Like Tree642Likes

Thread: Official SBDX019 -62MAS Reissue

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: Official SBDX019 -62MAS Reissue

I think the price is fine given the LE status and the use of 8L35. Looking back, the historical collection 17 years ago had the SBDX003 priced at 200,000 JPY, and the SBDX005 at 300,000 JPY, so a 350,000 JPY price for the SBDX019 in 2017 seems reasonable given inflation and the rise of watch prices in general over the last decade

The regular SBDX017 is priced at 270,000 JPY, so the SBDX019 is also not far off from a comparable non LE model with the same movement. The only thing that will lead to a difference in the 'street' price is the lack of discount given its LE status. Perhaps, like others suggested, they might release a regular model later on, which will hopefully be priced closer to the SBDX017 in list price and street price
    dZeak likes this.
    G-Shock DW-6900B-9
    G-Shock MRG-110-7
    G-Shock G-5600E-1
    G-Shock GW-5000-1
    G-Shock DW-5000-1JF
    Seiko SBDX001
    Seiko SBBN013
    Oris Williams F1 Team Day Date 2008 (black dial)
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005

Quote Originally Posted by hmaier View Post
    Sure they will sell like hotcakes.

The concern about the size real though. 40mm is a lil' too big for small wrists and vintage lovers. And lil' too small for big wrists and (unfortunately) modern sized watches lovers.

It's somewhere inbetween. Though, size won't be an issue for selling only 2000 pieces ... they could size it at 36, 38 or 45, i'm pretty sure they would sell...

Still from my point of view, the 43mm version will be plain horrible.

however, I really don't think it will be a great investment. If someones buys to resell in few years, I'm not sure he will make money ... however, i'm not a seller and not a used-watches buyer so i might be wrong
    I think size wise the lug-to-lug measurement will be more important, and the design lends itself to shorter lugs I believe. As a small-wristed guy my max lug-to-lug is 48mm but I'm comfortable wearing watches down to 32mm. A good example of this is the Shogun and the Longines Legend Diver, both at 42mm but the Longines looks clunky with it's loooong lugs but the Shogun looks perfect on my wrist.

In terms of an investment, I'm sure some will be buying it for speculative purposes, but as with any watch it seems like a terrible idea to me unless it's a limited edition of <100 for a highly sought after watch. I think there will be more folks buying it simply because they like the looks and the value proposition presented in comparison to other watches in the price range of $2-4k. I like it a lot and will think long and hard about buying it. However, currently I don't think I like it enough to spend $3k, but that's simply because I would rather buy a pre-owned GS GMT at that range. But it's definitely not because I think it's overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by hmaier View Post
    Thx.I mean, I understand price being important, or being an issue for some.

But c'mon, we all want to pay everything cheaper ... yeah ... cheap is better.... but we're always selling something to someone ... my boss also thinks I'm too expensive...

Sometimes, you have to pay to play. And watches are just kind of a game ... in this modern world, it's a useless item ... I don't feel like complaining on the prices of Ferrari... I can't reasonnable afford one, so I don't have one... And I get over it.

I see no reason why Seiko should keep on selling cheap watches. Being Seiko or Grand Seiko, compared to swiss or german brands, you have pretty much more for your money with Seiko!

Grand Seiko provides pretty much Rolex/IWC/Jaeger... quality for Tudor's price range or so. Tudor or Oris have been comparison points here ... and honestly, Grand Seiko is far above, and Seiko is quite on par (depending on models for sure).

I see nothing crazy with Seiko pricin' this LE (i don't care it being LE, I never resell my watches anyway) in 3k range...

I can understand people being sad with not being able to afford it, but I see no shame nor any "missed point" into this pricing
    Point taken. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I don't get it. Why a limited edition? They can pump out all those aesthetically challenged PADIs, but, only a handful of these absolute gorgeous gems.

Who wants to bet on whether or not the chapter rings have alignment issues?
    Crater and Cosmodromedary like this.
    Seiko: SBDC031 Sumo / SUN019 Kinetic Tuna / SNZG13 / SSC277 Flight Computer Chronograph / SNDF85 / SUR065
    G-Shock: G9000MS-1 Mudman / GD100-1B / GA100C-8A

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyDaze View Post
    I don't get it. Why a limited edition? They can pump out all those aesthetically challenged PADIs, but, only a handful of these absolute gorgeous gems.

Who wants to bet on whether or not the chapter rings have alignment issues?
    Pretty sure there will be a "production" SBDX021 next year.
    There is no chapter ring ;)

Cheers
    Shannon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    impalass, yonsson and Strokes1251 like this.
    My Seiko's

SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SBDX011 Emperor Tuna, SBBN011 Darth Tuna, S23611J1 Golden Tuna, H558-5009 Arnie, 6105-8110 , 6309-7049, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

Aquadive: BS300 #39/500
    Aquadive: BS300 DLC #76/500

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

WantHidden Content

Seiko SBDX019, Sinn- T1, Oris- Big Crown Pro Pilot GMT

Im glad it's an LE and by the sound of it a top spec LE, I think Seiko are doing this right! Not cheapening their legacy.

Seiko are in danger of becoming a caricature of themselves if they just keep on releasing re-vamps of their greatest hit's.

The Turtle is a good example, how many versions are there (like 20 with more to come) and how many 'Limited' or 'Special editions'....Uuggh - and all of them are manufacturted outside of Japan.

All of the classics the 6217 the 6105 the 6159 the 6306 most of the 6309's were all made in Japan - I get that if anyone is going to build a Homage to these models it should be Seiko.

But I also think the talent pool at Seiko HQ must be nearly empty - where is the 21st century Ikuo Tokunaga? Surely he's got to be there somewhere? Stop with the re-vamps and show us the 'new' good stuff!
    Last edited by longstride; February 12th, 2017 at 13:31. Reason: Spelling correction.
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Sinn/Kobold
    Rolex/Heuer/Seiko/Fortis

I hope not!
    AeroDynamik likes this.
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Sinn/Kobold
    Rolex/Heuer/Seiko/Fortis

Seiko's strategy: release a cheaper, uglier, and bigger non-LE version concurrently with the expensive and better-looking LE version to make the LE version seem like the more attractive option.

Regardless of the price, I am a shameless Seiko fan boy, so instead of the Black Bay I was planning on getting, I might be getting this 019 instead...

Let's hope the 6105 reissue is in the making......
    valuewatchguy, dZeak and awayne like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickstart View Post
    Let's hope the 6105 reissue is in the making......
    If this one sells out in short order before release, I'm sure they won't hesitate to continue down the line of reissues.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information