Official SBDX019 -62MAS Reissue - Page 9
Like Tree766Likes

Thread: Official SBDX019 -62MAS Reissue

Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast

Re: Official SBDX019 -62MAS Reissue

Quote Originally Posted by hmaier View Post
    Thx.I mean, I understand price being important, or being an issue for some.

But c'mon, we all want to pay everything cheaper ... yeah ... cheap is better.... but we're always selling something to someone ... my boss also thinks I'm too expensive...

Sometimes, you have to pay to play. And watches are just kind of a game ... in this modern world, it's a useless item ... I don't feel like complaining on the prices of Ferrari... I can't reasonnable afford one, so I don't have one... And I get over it.

I see no reason why Seiko should keep on selling cheap watches. Being Seiko or Grand Seiko, compared to swiss or german brands, you have pretty much more for your money with Seiko!

Grand Seiko provides pretty much Rolex/IWC/Jaeger... quality for Tudor's price range or so. Tudor or Oris have been comparison points here ... and honestly, Grand Seiko is far above, and Seiko is quite on par (depending on models for sure).

I see nothing crazy with Seiko pricin' this LE (i don't care it being LE, I never resell my watches anyway) in 3k range...

I can understand people being sad with not being able to afford it, but I see no shame nor any "missed point" into this pricing
    Agree! I have owned a lot of Swiss made watch brands and GS is up there when it comes to finish, the only thing lacking is better clasps and the GS thickness issue (some models). The only reason I can see to argue that the 62Mas reissue is too expensive is if you can't afford it. I don't doubt for one second that it will outclass the Swiss watches in the same price range.

As I said in a previous thread: We already have lots and lots of 4R and 6R models, what we don't have at the moment is 8L models to choose from. I have asked for a 200m "high" quality non GS SEIKO diver for many years so I'm very happy about this release. I'd take a 14mm 200m diver over a 300m 16mm thick diver any day of the week. There is a reason for the ISO6425 requirement only being 100m. I wasn't the least worried to swim with my JLC 100m diver so I don't get why everyone else needs 300m to feel safe.
    Last edited by yonsson; February 14th, 2017 at 08:11.
    jswing, longstride, adi4 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyDaze View Post
    Perhaps it's my misunderstanding. The only MM300 services I've read about mention sending them back to Seiko.
    It's not harder to service than anything else. The correct way is to send it to a SEIKO service center of course. I don't see the negative in that either though, SEIKO service is fast and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post
    IThe correct way is to send it to a SEIKO service center of course.[
    Why. There is plenty of independent watchmakers perfectly able to service Seiko mov.t and pretty much anything else.
    My feedbacks Hidden Content and on Hidden Content .
    Always striving to honor my word and commitments

Quote Originally Posted by El . View Post
    Why. There is plenty of independent watchmakers perfectly able to service Seiko mov.t and pretty much anything else.
    Only thing about the 8L would be they'd have to have the tool to unscrew the oscillating weight. It's possible to make one and there are a handful of watchmakers that regularly service 8L's, however a large majority of watchmakers would probably just advise to take it straight to Seiko.

I love this design but too expensive. I would rather purchase MOD or other GS watch.

나의 SM-N920L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
    Last edited by drazae; February 15th, 2017 at 05:04.

I heard borealis scorpionfish is ZRC homage but suddenly, it looks more like MAS!

Quote Originally Posted by drazae View Post
    I heard borealis scorpionfish is ZRC homage but suddenly, it looks more like MAS!

That's one ugly looking watch.

I'll treat myself to one of these for sure!
    Cheers from Malta, Etienne

I wonder how much "can't see the forest for all the trees" but sort of.. Inverse, is going on on this Seiko forum. Let me explain. The 62MAS is in my opinion quite elegant. But the other re-releases shown earlier in the thread, with the swapped hands and all, were not so elegant. I wonder how much fanboyism gets in the way of critically viewing a new Seiko watch, especially one that is an homage to an old classic. The PADI Turtle and Zimbe for instance are just plain goofy looking. But people still bought them because they were "special".
    Last edited by Tickstart; February 15th, 2017 at 12:04.
    longstride likes this.

Does anyone know if there are pre-orders for this watch yet?

Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast