WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Official" Tuna Thread

3M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  Archangel FX 
#1 ·
Ok...we have an "Official" Sumo thread so i think we need an "Official" Tuna thread. Let's get all of the Tunas (past and present) together in one thread for our viewing pleasure. Her is my quick and dirty pic taken a few minutes ago. Let's see them all!

See less See more
#352 ·
I'm very happy to join the Tuna thread with a SBBN017 that came in today.

View attachment 1166792
Here is a comparison shot for those teetering on getting a Tuna:
View attachment 1166793
Congrats on your SBBN017!

I'm about to pull the trigger myself on the Tuna but seeing it next to a monster makes me a bit hesitant, I prefer 44mm+ watches and the black monster I have don't get that much wrist time as I think it looks just a bit too small, has anyone else found the 017-015 tunas to be smaller than you had visualized before you got them? (given the specs vs wearing quite a bit smaller)

#353 ·
I feel like the 300m Tuna and the Monster wear almost the same. In my opinion the monster wears slightly bigger due to the larger lug length.
I was expecting the Tuna to be a bit larger (about 2mm larger or so) but because of my small wrists, turned out to be fine. My limit to watches is around 45mm or so, so I was reluctant to buy the 1000m Tuna.
I'm guessing the 1000m (quartz or auto) Tuna's would fit you more if you are looking for a bigger watch than the Monster.

Here is some reference pics:
Seiko Tuna - please educate me

#354 · (Edited)
I feel like the 300m Tuna and the Monster wear almost the same. In my opinion the monster wears slightly bigger due to the larger lug length.
I was expecting the Tuna to be a bit larger (about 2mm larger or so) but because of my small wrists, turned out to be fine. My limit to watches is around 45mm or so, so I was reluctant to buy the 1000m Tuna.
I'm guessing the 1000m (quartz or auto) Tuna's would fit you more if you are looking for a bigger watch than the Monster.

Here is some reference pics:
Seiko Tuna - please educate me
The Tuna is bigger than the Monster they both dont wear big but the 007/015/017 Tuna's are 4mm wider and 1.7mm taller. On my 7.5 " wrist the OM was on the small side the Tuna is bigger and looks bigger. Can't take pics because I sold the OM.

DON

#356 ·
Currently quite interested in the Darth Tuna (SBBN013), was wondering is it the best Tuna Quartz in the Seiko product line?
Other than the white dolphin and blue ocean, which I guess the only differences is the color of the shroud in compared to the standard darth tuna?

#361 ·
The bezel insert on the Ltd models is lumed from the 0 to 20 markers, no lumed insert on the Darth. Other than that the only difference is the coloured text on the Ltd edition straps. The packaging's slightly different too as the White Dolphin comes with a metal card detailing the history of Seiko shrouded divers (I assume the Blue Ocean has something similar)

The main parts of the watch like the case, movement etc are the same though. The Darth's great and you can't go wrong with any of the Tuna range

#362 ·
Count me in. My first tuna. So far I love it!

Attachments

#367 ·
Yes they do fit. I have seen it done here. Something I looked into too, but i really dont think its worth the upgrade.

#370 · (Edited)
I acquired a SBBN015 along with B22 strap from Katsu-san back in March this year and have been very satisfied with it as well as the purchasing experience! It is very comfortable to wear with either stock bracelet or strap and offers great amount of ruggedness and durability. Mine has been ticking at a constant +1 second per month since day one and hands are perfectly aligned with all markers. Long live the Tuna!

#373 ·
Oh man can't wait to get a Darth Tuna SBBN013! But need to wait out for a couple of months! (Need to be discipline on monthly savings haha!)
Anyways, was wishing that the Darth Tuna have titanium shroud too, that will be the ultimate Quartz Tuna!