WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Official" Tuna Thread

3M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  ProF3T 
#1 ·
Ok...we have an "Official" Sumo thread so i think we need an "Official" Tuna thread. Let's get all of the Tunas (past and present) together in one thread for our viewing pleasure. Her is my quick and dirty pic taken a few minutes ago. Let's see them all!

See less See more
#4,583 ·
NOS 7549

Attachments

#4,585 ·
Man that original strap sure is long! So I removed the NOS long strap to be put away for safe keeping, I am going to wear this thing and don't want to wear it on a 31 year old strap. I installed the titanium nitride plated buckle on a new straight vent strap. She is now ready for wrist time.

Attachments

#4,592 ·
Formal Tuna today

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

#4,595 ·
Hi guys. New guy question here. I've been considering buying a tuna since I saw the solar tuna SBDN023/028 in a shop a few weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it wears even though the dimensions were a concern for me. The thinness of it was actually a very good surpirse. The build quality seemed nice overall but I wasn't convinced by the plastic shroud and the thick bezel, especially considering the price and the fact that it is quartz.
I was in Osaka yesterday so I went to see 2 "real" tunas SBBN033 and SBBN035. They're obviously much nicer and I was totally impressed... until I used the bezel. That is by far the worst bezel action I've ever seen (and I own cheap Seikos). They were display watches and I understand that they've been handled by countless careless customers but still, the bezel on the 033 was very stiff from 12 o'clock to 9 and 6 to 3 but loose from 9 to 6 and 3 to 12. And the one on the 035 was even worse, no longer 120 clicks, more like 97, sometimes jumping 2 or 3 clicks in one go. So my question (finally): have you guys had that problem on any of yours of do you think those have just been brutalized beyond belief (although the case and crystal were pristine)?
I really want one but this gave me cold feet. The price tag was very appealing but I still don't want to pay that much for a dive watch with a bezel that stops working after a few weeks.
Thanks for your imput guys.

#4,609 ·

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk