WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Official" Tuna Thread

3M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  Archangel FX 
#1 ·
Ok...we have an "Official" Sumo thread so i think we need an "Official" Tuna thread. Let's get all of the Tunas (past and present) together in one thread for our viewing pleasure. Her is my quick and dirty pic taken a few minutes ago. Let's see them all!

See less See more
#418 ·
I have been wearing my SBBN015 for around a week. It's an awesome watch. It wears much smaller and lighter than I thought it would. It really looks like a piece of time measuring equipment, not a watch. The Hardlex crystal gives the watch a warm tone in comparison to the cool bluish tone of a sapphire crystal. Paradoxically, I like the reflections from the domed crystal- it builds on the obscure piece of equipment vibe that the watch gives off. I have been wearing it on a Seiko Z-22 strap. I bought the SBBN015 because I wanted to have the bracelet. So far, I haven't felt any desire to wear it. The drilled lug holes are amazing- they really make switching straps a piece of cake. Just received a green RAF strap and a Bond NATO strap. I will eventually experiment with them. The only thing that I don't love about the watch is the way that the second hand is lumed, but it's no big deal. Thanks again to everybody who gave me advice on this cool timepiece.

Joel

#420 ·
Join the Tuna club with this SBDB008. Probably will be the only Tuna with Spring Drive. Love of the combination of the dark grey DLC & the gold TiNite coating. Brilliant Lumibrite too!! <3
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Glass

Totally love this one. ^^

#426 ·
So I saw this watch a couple of years back, but was in the sub $500 diver mindset at the time.

Now I've read up on this special helium infiltration prevention thing they've engineered, and I really want one.

Of course, being a little late to the party, looks like they've all sold out. Anyone know where I can buy one still? I've put in an order in with chino, so will see if I get a reply. I'm trying to stay away from the eBay ones.

#434 ·

Sad day, the black coating on my sbbn023 has flaked off from the underside of the shroud where it is impossible to impact ? Have been babying the watch and worn less than 10 times... Arghh is seiko hard coating quality this bad? Any other sbbn023 owners care to share ?

#435 · (Edited)
I have seen this on a few SBBN023's. What exactly is the coating suppose to be?

#447 · (Edited)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
This is the best thread or subject on this forum
This Tuna searies of watches are the best out there, no exceptions. Although i do like the quartz SINN, but the germany battery change might be a deal breaker.
You Tuna types are the best and the brightest. biggest, baddest and so on,
Now that i have this tihng next to my joke -o- matic over priced cult wathc it really does shine even brighter, what a treamendous value proposition.
Now that thats over.
I have a SBBN 015 on the way, too me, clearly at under $1k these watches shine above the rest, and just to be clear i have a couple of sub mariner Rolys here, they fail and are high maint as they age and the Dallas Rolex center cant get it right, x3 visits for the sub i have worn for the past 15 years, three times for servce and it still stops and wont wind, unaccpetable on many levels,
Anyway i am going to get another quartz 300m, i like back ups, dont carry just one magazine either, some of you understand that, so when the battery dies i have another on stand by, simple as that, at this price point these things are a treamendous value.
Thank you for all the valuable insights and info over the past couple of weeks, this forrum really is an asset, i am not a collector, but a searious user, not abuser, but i do use my gear, daily.
A couple of lower priced watches even seiko 200m types, a few bands and you are over half way to a really top rate SBBN 015, real fine right out of the box i suspect.
So thx to all, you have all been a great help to me.
Ill try to do a nice few .45cal watch pics of this thing when it shows up.
As much as the Dive Springer sounds sexy and wonderful i dont think it will rule in any way over a quartz movement as good as the ones on these larger Prospex searies.
Love and kisses,
Gary