WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Official" Tuna Thread

3M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  Rikimaru 
#1 ·
Ok...we have an "Official" Sumo thread so i think we need an "Official" Tuna thread. Let's get all of the Tunas (past and present) together in one thread for our viewing pleasure. Her is my quick and dirty pic taken a few minutes ago. Let's see them all!

See less See more
#490 ·
Managed to track down a pre-loved Emp Tuna within geographical travel range that I'm interested in picking up. Are there any "must do's" when looking at the actual watch? Obviously, I'll be hunting down any scratches or scuff marks with a large magnifying glass, but aside from that... Should I be dropping by some Seiko dealer to check if the watch was stolen/fell off a truck/is a masterfully done replica?

#494 ·
Smalls how do you like the 007, that may be the best value of all this stuff for a daily watch, really starting to like th idea of the all Ti and basic movmentof the Sumos, the 017 is a great value also, now you need a 22mm OD Iso for the band, i have severl iso, theonly way of that type, the 007 is a far better valeu than its look alike euo cousin the roly sub, i have one not a good value at all these dya i dont care what the euro types think or say.
Nice watches, very nice.
Gary

#495 ·
the 007 is great. One of the most comfortable watches for its size. And just ordered an iso for the Tuna. IMO the new Subs are fantastic and it'll be the last one to leave the collection but the Shogun offers a nice change of pace with its larger size and Ti construction.

#500 ·
The Tuna is great for every situation.
Relaxation...

Office duty...

Wine country...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hehe I recognized the location in your photos!

My two say hi from out in east county!

I'm new to the Tuna's just had a wild hair to go after the 7549 and liked it so much I got the 017 too!

#501 ·
Here's my Tuna..(which I don't have yet.) It was arriving today and I thought to myself, run my errand now or wait til later? I decided, I would be back in less than 15mins (Which I was) and since it was already 1030am, I assumed the mailman would come at around 3pm since he hadn't arrived yet. And then when I got back this was sticking out of my mail box.

AAAARGH. Have been wanting a Tuna for years, then when it finally arrives, I'm not home to sign for it. Now I've got to wait 24hours to claim my Tuna.

#503 ·
Oh no! Hate when that happens. I made my SBBN015 into a more vintage looking piece with a SKX insert, polished torx head screws from Andy on SCWF and the Bonetto Cinturini 284 italian rubber version of the classic flat vent. I think I have the best of old and new. I love this setup.

Enjoy yours! I want a Darth now.

Attachments

#508 ·
Sweet!!!! Congrats. I love mine and share in your joy. It wears so well, right? I will not dissuade you from getting an Isofrane but if you like the Seiko flat vent look I am so pleased were with my Bonetto Cinturini 284 Italian rubber strap. I've owned and loved the Isofrane too. I may even still get one and transfer the flat vent rubber to my 6309-7049.

#515 ·
I have an SBDX011 Emperor tuna and I'm looking for an aftermarket PVD bracelet. I've been looking at 22mm super engineer for quite some time, but I realized they just come out with a 21.5mm version that's supposed to fit tunas like SBBN013. Does anyone have experience with the super engineer and know which size I should get? Thanks!!

#520 ·
It seems like it would be easy to conceal a 22mm end link on a 24 mm bracelet when installed on a tuna.

Is there such a thing?

#521 ·
I know this is a little early to be celebrating it in the tuna thread... I just couldn't resist!

more when it's back together!

#526 ·
^^^ Thanks! Love the Iso, too!

It's a "sand" Panatime NATO. Looks much much more of a sand color in person, making it nicer than pics in my opinion. I also got black from Panatime. And I have a 22mm Iso for it, but so far the NATO is so comfortable that I'm leaving it alone.

Reactions: csm