WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Official" Tuna Thread

3M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  ProF3T 
#1 ·
Ok...we have an "Official" Sumo thread so i think we need an "Official" Tuna thread. Let's get all of the Tunas (past and present) together in one thread for our viewing pleasure. Her is my quick and dirty pic taken a few minutes ago. Let's see them all!

See less See more
#538 ·
The Watch Shop, Rakutan, save youself a bunch of money, the sacred three are over priced with no added value to speak of if your buying from the US. you will end up delaing with seiko US if you have problems and great to deal with also, as i have recently.
i have bought three watches form the watch shop this year with great service and great success, saved lots over the sacred three.

#548 · (Edited)
I decided to crack open my tuna SBBN017, it was manufactured May 2012
Auto part Glass Metal

Inside is the 7C46 which is a very fine movement, finishing is not the greatest, but it's a tool watch. You can see a couple of scratches on the backplate from manufacturing. Movement is well oiled and very solid.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

The case back has an antimagnetic plate insert, with 'seiko time corp' printed on it. The material I quite soft, but I am not sure if it is lead or some other metal. I tried to get it out, but it seemed to be glued to the stainless steel case back

The crown an stem assembly is very solid with a heavy lock on it. There is 1 large oring inside.

i put my tuna back together with some additional silicon grease on the case back oring, then into the pressure test vessel to see if it's water resistance had been maintained. He she goes movement and all - risky business
Watch accessory Watch Analog watch Strap Fashion accessory

Down to 375m for 5 minutes:
Clock Home accessories Furniture Interior design Metal

All good with no leaks
Kitchen appliance Small appliance

Attachments

#553 ·
Hi guys !

i'm in love with the SBBN015 but I have a problem with quartz movement (even I know it's a high range reliable amazing one).

So, I'm thinking in buying a land tuna and mod it with the parts (bezel, dial, sapphire and hands) of the SBBN015.

Is it something possible ?

Thanks for your answers and happy new year !

#557 ·
My suggestion would be to contact Luka --> Welkom bij Monsterwatches, gek van horloges! and ask him about the compatibility.
He is very reliable and reasonably priced.

Good luck!

Hi guys !

i'm in love with the SBBN015 but I have a problem with quartz movement (even I know it's a high range reliable amazing one).

So, I'm thinking in buying a land tuna and mod it with the parts (bezel, dial, sapphire and hands) of the SBBN015.

Is it something possible ?

Thanks for your answers and happy new year !

#556 ·
I have a SBBN015 incoming (just passed through the customs) and the Quartz movt is one of the reasons I bought it ...
This quartz movt was designed for this watch and is a special, very desirable one for watch connoisseurs.

I only have mechanical watches except a Seiko BFK Kinetic and Citizen Nighthawk (Solar) ... bought also as were iconic pieces.

#562 ·
So here it is!

On the parcel is written 'Undeliverable consignment' ???

... maybe because of its size and strange shape :)

Quite a beast viewed from this angle:

But quite wearable for my smallish 6,5'' wrist ... wears overall like a SKX, but the head is bigger and taller

Testing the WR in the rain ... not too challenging I guess, except for the strap...

Will try the bracelet later, I had no time to adjust it, so I had to quickly put it on a thick leather strap, which is quite OK for a desk diver IMO, at least it is very comfortable to wear!

Happy so far, although it wasn't cheap for a Quartz, but the finishing looks pristine and I love the day/date complication.