WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Official" Tuna Thread

3M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  ProF3T 
#1 ·
Ok...we have an "Official" Sumo thread so i think we need an "Official" Tuna thread. Let's get all of the Tunas (past and present) together in one thread for our viewing pleasure. Her is my quick and dirty pic taken a few minutes ago. Let's see them all!

See less See more
#601 ·
After a week of waiting for the USPS backlog from a winter storm, I can officially join the Tuna club with my SBN007.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

I've liked the looks of the Tuna for a few years now but had always been hesitant because of the size and inability to try one on locally. Well, a good deal presented itself recently so I decided to reel her in (see what I did there? :-d) and I'm glad I did. All the talk of the Tuna wearing smaller on your wrist than the measurements suggest is true. Though I won't often be wearing it with a dress shirt like I am today and did yesterday, it fits my wrist great and is surprisingly light. I think it fits under my shirts much better than my SKX007 even.

This will hold me over nicely until I can resist the SBDX no longer.

#603 ·
I've been painfully waiting for the SBBN015 to come back into stock (aside from the overpriced examples on ebay) at Higuchi, Seiya, Rakuten.

And the used SBBN015s that pop up on f29, that aren't overpriced, get snatched up as soon as they post.

I may succumb to a nicely priced SBBN007 with a black bezel.... must. remain. strong.

#604 ·

My prospex stable has grown over the past year......

I think I don't have room (a need) for both the 015 and the darth - the 015 is the newest in the collection, but I'm wondering if I'm just going thru the honeymoon stage of this relationship.

Anyway, thinking about flipping the darth, and I'm looking for someone to convince me I'm making a mistake.

#607 ·
I think I don't have room (a need) for both the 015 and the darth - the 015 is the newest in the collection, but I'm wondering if I'm just going thru the honeymoon stage of this relationship.

Anyway, thinking about flipping the darth, and I'm looking for someone to convince me I'm making a mistake.
I got a 017 and have still been lusting over a darth. IMO a bracelet looks the best on the 015/017 and a black rubber strap (iso) looks best with a darth tuna.

Keep them both to have one dedicated bracelet tuna and one dedicated rubber strap tuna :-!

#606 ·
OGB....YOUR MAKING A MISTAKE!

If you can pull off the SBDX011 don't flip it. The reason...hell I don't need a reason other than I don't think there is a watch out there that says "bad ass" like the darth does. I am not into the PVD style watch in almost any case...but something about the Darth makes it work.

PS. That looks like a great prospex collection. I am jealous.

#610 ·
OGB....YOUR MAKING A MISTAKE!

If you can pull off the SBDX011 don't flip it. The reason...hell I don't need a reason other than I don't think there is a watch out there that says "bad ass" like the darth does. I am not into the PVD style watch in almost any case...but something about the Darth makes it work.

PS. That looks like a great prospex collection. I am jealous.
I wish I had the sbdx011, sorry for the confusion - the quartz sbbn013 is in question.....

I can pull it off - 8in wrists.....

I think I just gotta stew on it for a bit, I usually go thru phases.....I guess the fear is it's not like an auto that you can let sit for a few years - battery change on the mono case is a pita, and figure let some some get some good wear out of it in the meantime before 2018 battery is due.

I'm getting the feeling they won't discontinue for a while, but then again, these prices likely to keep rising.

#611 ·
Thank you for the complement on the collection - at night when I pull out the pelican case for the daily changing of the guard, my wife occasionally makes comments - "is that one new" I find myself saying in reply "yeah, but it's just a seiko, you know they aren't expensive" - I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who's told that little white lie.

#619 ·
Not quite the tuna you were expecting but it's big and funky and it sits in the watch box with my Tuna's so I thought i would share it here!

I've been really enamored by this 800m tuna for a while so i dove right in, problem is there is no aftermarket love for citizens so there are no parts for their watches 10 years out... Cool as it is it's my first and last vintage citizen!