WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Official" Tuna Thread

3M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  ProF3T 
#1 ·
Ok...we have an "Official" Sumo thread so i think we need an "Official" Tuna thread. Let's get all of the Tunas (past and present) together in one thread for our viewing pleasure. Her is my quick and dirty pic taken a few minutes ago. Let's see them all!

See less See more
#728 ·
Sorry I don't think they go at all! They're both awesome in their own right but not together.

#733 ·
I understand that not everyone likes divers on leather, strictly speaking I don't believe they don't belong on bracelets either. My daughter thought it was a total mismatch and after sleeping on it I too have doubts.

How about on my Sbbb015?
We have a pretty large thread on divers with leather straps, so it's not that divers don't go with leather. It's just the tuna.

I'm a huge fan of doing what you like, especially if it's comfortable and/or just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, but I've never seen a tuna on leather that looked right. Does that mean I don't condone it? No.

#741 ·
Just to clarify for those who aren't aware of the differences... Cordovan is technically speaking, not a leather. I have had leather straps before and after having 2 Cordovan straps I will never buy a leather again. It is a truly remarkable product which is forever soft. It is really strange in that it is both delicate and resilient.

I agree that this particular strap is a bit thin and would I like to one day find one that is thicker but I am not sure if that entirely possible. I am sure that layers could be glued together but then I suppose it would lose it's waterproof rating due to the glue which would probably break down with water. The layers would have to be sewn together I imagine.