The "Official" Tuna Thread - Page 25
Like Tree22879Likes

Thread: The "Official" Tuna Thread

Page 25 of 551 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 125 525 ... LastLast

Re: Одг: The "Official" Tuna Thread

^ amazing shots. Love the Emperor Tuna!
    giorgos mg likes this.
    Seiko/Casio/Tudor

View my feedback by clicking Hidden Content .

Hidden Content me if you want to talk watches.

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto
    Hidden Content

@giorgos

Congrats! The Tuna's a spectacular watch.
    Seiko/Casio/Tudor

View my feedback by clicking Hidden Content .

Hidden Content me if you want to talk watches.

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto
    Hidden Content

Re: The "Official" Tuna Thread

Tuna Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Theminio View Post
    My small tuna family

Awesome Photos...love this one

Cheers
    Shannon
    giorgos mg likes this.
    My Seiko's

SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SBDX011 Emperor Tuna, SBBN011 Darth Tuna, S23611J1 Golden Tuna, H558-5009 Arnie, 6105-8110 , 6309-7049, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI

Aquadive: BS300 #39/500
    Aquadive: BS300 DLC #76/500

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

WantHidden Content

Seiko SBDX019, Sinn- T1, Oris- Big Crown Pro Pilot GMT

The "Official" Tuna Thread

mine!
    mariod and azamtaib like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    ^ amazing shots. Love the Emperor Tuna!
    +1

thanks buddy
    yes i love it!
    sold some great watches to get this but it is worth it!

Just in..

Sent from the Public Phone booth circa 1990s

Added a golden tuna last week. The three amigos together:

Last week Saturday
    Name:  new seiko tuna.JPG
Views: 1700
Size:  65.6 KB

Here is my daily wearer I wear 90% of the time. The crystal is pretty scratched and I am in the process of ordering a sapphire crystal to replace/upgrade it. One of only things I did not like about the watch was the bracelet, what drove me nuts is the taper from 22mm to 18mm, to me (this is only my opinion) I felt it should have been a 22mm to 20mm taper or no taper at all. The problem is (again only for me), anything aftermarket is a pretty big downgrade since it comes with a pretty nice adjustable clasp. In my mind, if I replaced the bracelet with another one that did not taper, I had to also have an adjustable clasp to lessen the downgrade I was doing to satisfy my need to have a non-tapered bracelet. Below is my solution...

The bracelet I have a Strapcode (or Tungchoy) Super Engineer. It is thick, heavy and feels like a pretty quality bracelet.

Name:  IMG_8534.JPG
Views: 1723
Size:  213.3 KB

I bought it with the clasp that opens from both sides, I forgot what it was called. In reality, that clasp was junk. After about a week, it started to open up when I pushed my kid on a swing. For some reason it must have been defective because it was designed to open with both buttons pushed but it opened when the underside of my wrist contacted one button. I replaced with a a regular clasp, I think they sent it to me free of charge. I used that setup for about a year but having a non-adjustable clasp continued to bother me, must be an OCD thing.

About a month ago, I was looking on the sale corner under straps and bracelets and saw a bracelet made by Hexa someone had posted for sale. It looked like a Super Engineer, was a non-tapered 22mm and it had an adjustable clasp and straight ends. I googled Hexa watches and noticed they sell the bracelet separately. I quickly ordered one and had it a few days later. The problem was, it used a 1.5mm spring bar and being as anal as I can be, I did not want to put such a small spring bar on my Tuna. I figured I would return it and figure something else out. But now, I had an adjustable clasp bracelet I didn't want to use but the clasp was really nice.

I took the bracelet apart and discovered that the link spacing was identical to the Super Engineer. But, in order to use it, I had to use a link from the Hexa and one bracelet screw. I tried it. It was nice having an adjustable clasp again but it looked funny with the hexa link since the link was a lot thinner than the Super Engineer links. I continued to look at my options but no matter what I had to use at least one link from the Hexa clasp since it doesn't use the 22mm end standard clasps use at the clasp. I then continued to think about removing the one Hexa link that drove me nuts, I figured if I could disassemble one spare Super Engineer link and press it onto the Hexa link on the clasp, I would be much happier. Here are some pics...

Name:  IMG_8508.JPG
Views: 1664
Size:  139.1 KB

The link that attaches to the Hexa is thinner but it is needed to make the adaptation. The benefit of having a smaller wrist is having a lot of extra links. I took one and literally destroyed it to see how the Super Engineer link is put together. It is pressed together with a small splined stainless steel shaft that is pressed in to the end links. So, my next challenge was to take one apart without bending the shaft so I could put it back together in the Hexa clasp link. With an aluminum soft jawed vice, a small punch and hammer got one link apart without bending the small shaft. I fit it into the Hexa link and pressed it back together with pliers with tape around the jaws. After that, it was as simple as adjusting the bracelet. Here is a completed pic.

Name:  IMG_8517.JPG
Views: 1638
Size:  153.9 KB
    Last edited by vwguy60; April 1st, 2013 at 23:27.

Page 25 of 551 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 125 525 ... LastLast

Thread Information