WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Official" Tuna Thread

3M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  Archangel FX 
#1 ·
Ok...we have an "Official" Sumo thread so i think we need an "Official" Tuna thread. Let's get all of the Tunas (past and present) together in one thread for our viewing pleasure. Her is my quick and dirty pic taken a few minutes ago. Let's see them all!

See less See more
#894 ·
#897 ·
It's really simple guys. Push out following the arrow. The collar will either be sitting snugly in place waiting for the pin to come back, stuck to the pusher, or lost in your carpet.

#900 ·
It's really simple guys. Push out following the arrow.
It is simple but it helps to know where the collar is located IE: end or center of the link, so you can be ready for the collar to come out.
The reason why I corrected the diagram is because the pin won't come out reverse since the collar is permanently attached to the top of the pin so it's important you follow the arrow(s). Someone that might not know any better will follow that diagram and continue to hit the pin harder thinking it's stuck and could risk damaging the pin and or link.

The collar will either be sitting snugly in place waiting for the pin to come back, stuck to the pusher, or lost in your carpet.
- 9 times out of 10 it's never sitting snugly in the link, that's why most people loose collars.
- If you use the correct size tool to push the pin out it won't be stuck on the end of the pusher. If you use too large of a pusher you run the risk of opening up the gap on the pinch collar. That's another reason why people loose the collar(s) and or possibly drop their watch head after resizing their bracelet because the collar no longer fits snugly around the pin and the pin could fall out.
- I don't have carpet, I have hardwood and ceramic tile throughout my home so if a collar were to fall on the floor it's pretty easy to spot. When resizing bracelets or doing any intricate work using smaller parts I work over a large rubbermaid storage container so if a part does fall out it stays within the lid.

And one more thing to mention while on the subject of collars. I've seen magnets mentioned a lot for finding lost collars. All of my Seiko's have had aluminum collars so magnets are useless.

#899 ·
No! Your Tuna is too nice and its making me jealous so go away [emoji1]

#902 · (Edited)
I use one of the kits with the bracelet jig and hammer/punch. The centre link system is pretty easy, I make sure the collar is seated and tap the pin in using the rubber side of the hammer. Once it is flush with the outside of the link, I lightly tap the pin using the punch until it is sitting evenly in the link. I will test the pin fit by pressing it with the punch by hand, if it slides freely inside the link I know I have messed up the collar (has only happened once) and have to crimp it as Robotaz mentioned. It is a lot simpler than the end-collar system used on the Monster bracelet.

I also do the work on a micro-fibre cloth, so I have never lost a collar.

#907 · (Edited)
I would love to order one of Dagaz's sapphire crystals but here in Portugal I wouldn't known anyone capable of doing the subsistition. Does it feel better than the Sumo on the wrist?
The bracelet is way better no?
Sent from my GT-I9300

#923 ·
#908 · (Edited)
A picture to highlight the different finishes. I did not realize the following before I bought it:

- the top of the shroud where you turn the bezel is blasted
- the bezel serrations are polished on the inside, complimenting the brushed outside serrations
- the bezel, just outside of the black insert, has a thin polished ring (this lights up like crazy when the sun hits it) that blends into the bezel serrations
- there seems to be a metal ring around the top of the chapter ring, though it may be a reflection, either way it really shines

#910 · (Edited)
SBBN015 on 22mm Isofrane on a 6.5"!

The strap is so soft and comfy, definitely worth the price. Was afraid the watch would be too big, but I think it looks perfect.

For those that put the Tuna on Isofrane, did you use the original fat spring bar, or did you use one of the "skinny" fat spring bars (fat at the outside to fit the lug holes, and skinny for the center part that's inside the strap)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#916 ·
SBBN015 on 22mm Isofrane on a 6.5"!

For those that put the Tuna on Isofrane, did you use the original fat spring bar, or did you use one of the "skinny" fat spring bars (fat at the outside to fit the lug holes, and skinny for the center part that's inside the strap)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went with the skinny fat bars. They are much easier to work with and do work great!

#915 ·
Aquahallic, stop putting those photos or I will kill those guys of the Portuguese customs. I can't wait to receive my watch and order some straps.

Sent from my GT-I9300
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

#914 ·
Thank you PanosI for the photos.
Can anyone who have the Sumo compare it with the SBBN015 in terms of comfort on the wrist, size, lume and weight.
I want to know what to expect from it.

#919 ·
Yup, I pay for fast service and a watch that comes from Japan in one day passes 3 in customs. Maybe Friday I'll have it. In this casa even you would be a pitbull.

Sent from my GT-I9300

#921 ·
#925 ·
^^ I love the vintage gold tuna look. Such a classic. It's very toolish for a gold watch.

Enjoy that bad boy!

#926 ·

Mine says "hi!"

#929 · (Edited)
First impressions: The weight, the tuna is lighter than the Sumo, the lume is different ( color - the sumo is more greenish and brighter) can anyone confirm this?
Love the bracelet and how the watch feels on my wrist.

Reactions: idkfa